“Amazing Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chapinero
Description: El Techo Mexicano is located on the fifth (5o.) and last floor of the El Retiro Shopping Center in the heart of the Zona Rosa in Bogotá, Colombia. We are popular not only among our colombian costumers but with the mexicans men and women who live in Bogotá these days. We have an awesome "shrimp tostada"! At night, have a very well choosen music and a mariachi "serenata" from our famous Mariachi Contemporáneo of William Guevara. Excelent margaritas and a variety of tequilas make us a very interesting alternative in the Zona Rosa zone. And last but not least we have launched a Mexican brunch not to be missed.
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Very nice restaurant, excellent Food and Wine. Well located, the service is amazing and all staff is very carefull.

ElTecho, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at El Techo, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Dear Suzana,

We are glad you had an amazing experience in our restaurant.

Our staff is always doing its best to make it happen.

Best regards,

Alexandra Florez

Reviewed July 24, 2018

We celebrated the graduation of a friend. The food was delicious and the service was good. We had a large Mariachi band coming to our table to enhance the festive experience. The facility was a beautiful view of the city and it is centrally located. The Tacos that we ordered were great

ElTecho, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at El Techo, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Dear Roger,

It is a pleasure for our team to give an excellent experience to our guests.

Thank you for sharing yours.

We hope to have you in our restaurant again soon.

Regards

Alexandra Florez

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

I love this place because it has everything i look for . Good music, beautiful people, good food, good service. Good location.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

I went for lunch on Sunday at 1530. It was not crowded at all, plenty of tables available (Personnel suggested better to call and make reservation because sometimes there are private events that occupy the whole restaurant)
I ordered Quesadillas and Tacos De Asada (I suggest Flautas instead of Quesadillas)

NOTE: They don't work on Mondays.

PROS
There was Mariachi playing music life (giving a nive Mexican environment)
Menu options (see fotos): Salad (only one option), Soups (2 options only), Main dished.
They prepared a house-sauce for the Totopos (I don't eat spicy, but I suggest to accept to add the two pieces of jalapeño because all ingredienta are roasted , so flavor are very soft)

CONS
Personnel attention: average, some are very gentle some others didn't show to much care for visitors (I finished a drink and nobody asked me if I wanted something more)
Timing: between entree and main dish I had to wait longer than I expected (around 20 min)

IMPROVEMENTS
Decorationm is not Mexican style, although nice environment
While I was there, they played all kind of music missing the chance to give Mexican environment with music
Furniture doesn't look mexicMexican at all

Reviewed April 17, 2017

let me begin with I'm Mexican, So I know what I'm talking about

This place's food is poor and old, tortillas are from days before,(not fresh at all), price is high for local market, but quality of food on a friday night which is meant to be a populated night is bad, very bad

if you want micheladas and dance this place is for you, if you are expecting mexican dinner avoid it, food is bad and not worth the price