“Perfect spot for brunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Abasto

Abasto
Ranked #151 of 2,289 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: Latin, Colombian, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Usaquén
boston, ma
“Perfect spot for brunch!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It was wonderful to sit and try new foods on our first day in Bogota, without feeling rushed at all. The place is very quaint--we sat kind of on a balcony surrounded by flowers and greenery. The food was not extraordinary but it was prepared beautifully and clearly everything was hand made. I think we just didn't know what to order. I would go back and try some different things next time. Loved the setting.

Visited February 2014

Cartagena, Colombia
“A great find...”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We had seen the October 2013 Conde Nast Traveler that mentioned this restaurant in the "Bogotá's Top New Restaurants" article and finally went to check it out. We have now had a dinner and a lunch there, and taken home a loaf of one of their delicious breads. The dishes we have ordered have been excellent and the portions are surprisingly large. In addition to the menu items, they post daily specials on blackboards, and those items have been particularly good. What makes this place special though is the obvious respect for the ingredients and their freshness. I'm not a restaurant salad fan, but upon seeing my wife's reaction to a salad that accompanied her dinner meal, I had to have a taste and, for one of the few times in my dining experiences, was blown away by the relatively simple salad in which you could actually taste the unique individual flavors of the fresh ingredients, perfectly complemented by the simple dressing. It was so good that when we returned for lunch a few days later, I actually ordered just a salad. I can't remember the last time I did that, and I wasn't disappointed. As for the service, on both occasions it has been pleasant, efficient and attentive. It might be a little slow at times, but I don't expect speedy service in Bogota and, in a restaurant like this, I don't need fast service and prefer a more leisurely pace. Incidentally, Abasto's more casual sister restaurant a few blocks up the hill, La Bodega de Abasto (also highly recommended), actually sells much of the fresh produce served by the 2 restaurants. I've already done some grocery shopping there and will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Bogota - breakfasts”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Fabulous spot for a breakfast.
Eggs dishes were great and the homemade breads outstanding.
Friendly atmosphere and good service.

• Visited January 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Good food, average service”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I visited the restaurant with my wife, who is from Bogota. I had read some excellent breakfast reviews so we decided to visit in the morning for coffee and breakfast. The food was good- the bread and chorizo sausage were fresh and delicious. The coffee was excellent. I was just disappointed with the service. We didn't know there were two levels to the restaurant and the host did not inform us that there was an option, so we stayed on the main floor. Also, we ordered bread with honey, but when the honey did not arrive my wife asked the server about it and he stated that we must ask for it (despite the fact that honey WITH bread is clearly stated on the menu). His response was quite smug and made my wife feel uncomfortable. I couldn't help but get the feeling of an company that has done well and is now resting on its laurels.

• Visited December 2013
“Excellent Colombian experience!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

If you want to have a truly colombian gourmet food experience, without falling into the traditional touristy ajiaco and chicharron common fares, this is the place. Wonderful fruit juices, tasty meat with salsa criolla, wonderful arroz caldoso, traditional coffee, and the "onces" are a terrific afternoon snack. It's a bit on the expensive side, but worth it.

1 Thank Sup21