“One of the best choices in Zona T”
Review of La Brasserie

La Brasserie
Ranked #38 of 2,997 Restaurants in Bogota
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chapinero
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is the fourth time I dine at La Brasserie. I always go there while I am in Bogota for business. The place is always packed, so make sure you book in advance. Food is great ! Authentic French cuisine. I love everything about this place.
If you like French food, go there !

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I hate giving an average rating to a restuarant that comes highly rated by other Tripadvisor reviewers, but my visit to La Brasserie was unremarkable.

The greeting on arrival was lukewarm at best, the service was average and no-one bothered to wish me farewell. You might say that is typical for a French restaurant, but in my experience it is highly unusual for Bogota, where everyone has been so friendly. Unlike La Vitrola in Cartagena last week, I felt in no way welcome or special.

For entree I chose the grilled octopus on gratin dauphinois. It was tasty, and well prepared. For main course I chose entrecôte with bearnaise sauce. Unfortunately, the entrecôte was tough, with lots of gristle. I didn't enjoy it at all. I didn't bother ordering dessert.

The restaurant is located in a bust street with lots of alternatives. You might try De Luca (Italian) or Agadon (International/Burger Bar).

Reviewed October 19, 2013

sitting outside. perfect weather. nice food. service a bit slow. but when the food finally comes, you are just happy

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I went with friends to have lunch in a Sunday. We ordered appetizers to share, I tried the steak tartare and the mushrooms with cheese, and both were very good. For main I ordered the entrecôte with butter-herd sauce and fried. Beef was very nice, tender and juicy.The sauce was an attempt of cafe de paris, but it was not that bad. I love when this dish is served with fries in a small bucket.

Appetizers were served very quickly, but the mains took long time, we had to ask twice for them.

The restaurant include is a little bit dark, but we had lunch at the terrace which was very nice. I would recommend this rest, however from what I've heard, Bogota has a lot of very good restaurants.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great restaurant visited by Colombia's who is who's
On top of great service and fantastic food - I had a great mustard steak - there was a parade of people of industry and government eating there.