“Back again after a couple of years”
Review of Cafe Amarti

Cafe Amarti
Ranked #51 of 2,607 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Usaquén
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Having lived in Usaquen 10 years ago and moved out to Sopo, this neighbourhood has become one of my favourites when I come to town.
The Amarti has extended it's restaurant and what was once a somewhat dark but charming space has been amplified in the rear into a total change of theme. Tastefully modern cafe style with plenty of light. This part of the restaurant is accessed by way of the original entrance door which is infamous for causing more than a few headaches for unwary patrons. You'll have to go; to see what I mean!
I love the Tagliatteli Harry which is spicy with plenty of Italian sausage. However today for lunch I had a hankering for a good steak. The menu is very extensive as is their wine list.
The Classic Black Pepper Steak with red wine sauce (Rare) was served with roast potatoes and I ordered the Caesar Salad and strawberry juice to accompany the meal.
Everything was absolutely delicious. Service was swift, attentive and polite.
After such a sumptuous feast, unfortunately there was no room for a sweet but I know from past experience in the other side of the restaurant, that their dessert selection is bar none. Just forget calorie counting and try the Passion Fruit Cheesecake, home-made Pecan Pie or anything else that your heart desires. Perhaps not your heart...Cholesterol !
Next time I'm going for Osso Bucco.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Amarti

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Visited Cafe Amarti with a group of friends for lunch today:the only positive thing I can say about the place is that it has a pleasant atmosphere. The waiter showed little interest in looking after us. On a number of occasions we had to ask to be attended to. I ordered a glass of house wine after first asking the price. The waiter said that it was Ps.14,000 but when the bill arrived it was in fact Ps.18,000. The food was mediocre. I ordered a lasagna which arrived with out any accompaniment(some salad would have been nice) and was very greasy. None of the meals ordered by other members of the group looked attractive.
For Italian food in Bogota, there are certainly much better places to eat and where the service is outstanding. In future if I want to eat italian, I will stick to Di Lucca.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

If you planing to visit Bogota I strongly recommend these restaurant always they are focus in service, food quality, ambiance great
Just fantastic food and any dish are good
I love the bread that they bring to the table even I don't eat bread but they make them at the premises fresh, tasty perfect to the point
And great alcohol menu

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner there and the food was outstanding. However I tried to make a substitution of spicy sausage instead of anchovies on a pizza and they wouldn't do it. The waiter was willing to try again with the chef, but I decided not to push it. So I ordered penne instead and it was excellent. I was bummed when my buddy's pizza came because it looked even better than my penne. But I saved a few calories . . . I hope. The other downer is they have those fake wicker chairs with the steel tube frame that are most uncomfortable. Good thing the service was fast!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

It s a very nice and beautiful location
I m sure they got nice italian food.
Asked the waiter for recomendation on wine and food :
Most good price/value wines were not available, he really wanted to sell the champaign.
He also only recommended the most expensive dishes, the expensive fish was overcooked.
There are much better options in Usaquen (80 sillas, ...)