“Mixed feelings”
Review of Il Tinello - CLOSED

Il Tinello
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Italian restaurant with delicious choices of dishes such as pasta, pizza, meat and others. Interesting wine and drinks offer.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was staying in the area and stumbled on this cute semi-outside restaurant.
I had the ricotta and prosciutto penne and the pasta were cooked to perfection, which is a rare find... however after a few bites I realised it tasted EXACTLY like kraft dinner. Spot on. Just me?
Friendliness of waitress below expectations. Tasty lemonade.
All in all an OK restaurant for italian food.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Restaurant is wonderful from the outside: dim light, long candles, good italian music, very romantic setting. Food was really lousy. Ordered a mozzarela di burrata and was so so, very creamy and insipid. Then tried the seafood rissotto which was reallyyy bad: it was a chicken chowder of rice with some tiny shrimps and squids... very disappointing.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

We very much enjoyed our dinner at this cozy restaurant. The service is great and our two pasta dishes were both delicious, as was the (homemade?) bread and the free welcome-bruscetta, and the house-specialty: tiramisu. There were not many free tables on the tuesday night we went, so it might be a good idea to make a reservation.

1  Thank Elsori
Reviewed November 30, 2008

I discovered Il Tinello while shopping for antiques on calle 79. Il Tinello has a very nice ambiance (great outdoor patio and beautifully decorated inside). They start off by bringing you homemade bread topped with a delicious Italian tomato sauce and of course your own bottle of olive oil. Every time I eat there, I get the steamed fish they have (sorry, I don't remember the name of it)-- it is one of the best fish dishes I've ever eaten. Service is excellent, the clientele is upscale, and the prices are good for the high quality of the food you get. Two thumb's up!!!

1  Thank alantx