“Excellent seafood!!”
Review of Pesquera Jaramillo

Pesquera Jaramillo
Ranked #113 of 2,476 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chapinero
Santiago, Chile
“Excellent seafood!!”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I very much like the food and its presentation ... they are professionals!

Visited April 2012

American in Bogota
“Mediocre seafood in a tacky environment”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

Preparations are boring and the crowd and the room is a snooze. Skip it.

1 Thank ChiquiMonster
Bogota, Colombia
“bad!”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

not only the food doesnt taste good but it is tacky. it will take about an hour for your food to be ready and in your table and it is very expensive you will leave having payed a lot of money and un satisfied.

1 Thank banana s
Dallas, TX
“Great food and generally very good service”
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I went to this restaurant as I was in the mood for seafood and the reviews on TripAdvisor were quite positive. Overall it was a very good experience.
This was by myself on a Thursday evening. It is in a nice part of town with a lot of restaurants and coffee shops with patios overlooking a small park. The guy that initially started talking to me about the menu was a bit obnoxious. As soon as he figured out that my Spanish was limited, he said that the house recommends the Lobster saffron rice special. OK... he did ask what I wanted to drink. A glass of wine from Spain (Priorat) was ordered. Tap water seemed to not be possible so I got some bottled water. OK, so I'm detecting a trend here, the most expensive special is suggested (~$35) and no one even asked if I like lobster and there are no "free" beverages. This waiter was pretty worthless too me and I was happy that I wasn't stuck with him. The other servers were much better and the evening improved very quickly.
They served crackers with a delicious fish spread to everyone as a gratis appetizer. Nice way to get started. I ordered my food and the original waiter came back to explain that the Paella- Jamarillo included seafood and meat. I gave him a deadpan "yes..it's Paella." He came across as pissed that I didn't order his rather expensive suggestion. I know I'm dwelling on the negative so let's move on...
They gave me a very nice table on the heated patio overlooking the park. Lots of people there, several seemed on expense accounts but also locals out for a special evening - several asked to have their pictures taken and the staff gladly complied. There was a woman with a good voice singing and she was accompanied by a sax player. Good song choices. I got a Tuna Tiradito appetizer - had to look up what it was on my Blackberry as the English of the waiter was pretty limited. It turned out to be a delicious Peruvian dish of cold fish with some great sauce, onion etc. - sort of a cousin to Ceviche. The paella was also delicious - and I had a bottle of Colombia Club cerveza to wash it down. The food was really quite good and overall the service was fine. If you get an abrasive waiter, don't freak out...he shouldn't be around all evening. Good place for a special evening in Bogota. It ran me about fifty six dollars including service charges, pretty steep by local standards but good value compared to other large cities. (I'm noting that because the website has absolutely no pricing!) I also glanced at the wine list and found it to be decent but largely overpriced relative to what you'd see in the US. I'm not sure if this is a Pesquera Jaramillo issue or if Colombia imposes high alcohol import duties. Just be aware that wine will set you back here.

• Visited March 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The original fish burger...”
Reviewed December 19, 2007

The original fish burger is better in the centre of the city. I went there during my childhood.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook