“Superb!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Superb!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Astrid Y Gaston was the best restaurant we tried in Colombia. We went with another couple so were able to sample a variety of appetizers. Even though I had a pretty bad cold, I could still taste the delicious flavors and appreciate the different textures of each of the appetizers I tried, which included an assortment of asian styled dumplings, two different types of prawns, and octopus. Although I don't eat octopus, my husband said it was excellent, and the corn that accompanied it was probably the best corn I've had in my life.

For the main course, I ordered the veal (last main course listed), which was absolutely phenomenal. The meat was flavorful and extremely tender. It was also accompanied by gnocchi that melts in your mouth. The portion for this dish was huge -- I highly recommend sharing it -- even if you have a huge appetite, you should save room to sample other dishes and dessert.

For dessert, we ordered an assortment, that included these mini donuts that were super yummy and some mango pudding like number that was amazing. The sorbets were delicious as well.

The restaurant was located in a small mansion in the Zona G. There were a few different seating options -- the formal dining area, which seemed stuffy and bland, and the more casual area, which was a little more fun, and a bar area which actually had the best design with its honey comb ceilings.

• Visited October 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Lives up to the reviews”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This high-end Peruvian restaurant is a sheer delight. From the pisco sour to the desserts, our dinner was first-class. Service was highly attentive, and multi-lingual. The entrance and the decor are very elegant.

• Visited October 2013
Best, Nederland
“Great peruvian restaurant”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This place serves amazing food. We had a great cebiche and enjoyed the pisco sours a lot. My favourite in Bogotá! The restaurant has an high price tag, expect to pay 100.000 - 150.000 per person depending on what you order (especially drinks, pisco sour goes for 30.000 for example).

• Visited September 2013
portugal
“Excelent!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

The food was very, very good. We asked for a degustation of appetizers and everything was great! We've been to the same restaurant in Lima and this one was better! Don't miss the deserts! And go further then the ceviches... Yes, is expensive!

Visited August 2013
Montevideo Department, Uruguay
“Here's your service!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

After more than a year in Bogota, this restaurant actually has what it takes to justify the large price tag. Service was impeccable, with the wait captain swooping out of corners to adjust your silverware if it was a bit off. There was no detail was left out. The food was fantastic, the desserts were minature and served on a large ice block. The pisco sours are probably some of the best I have ever had (many friends have since told me I was on the mark by sending them here for piscos). I literally drank half of a pisco sour and was already dizzy - I am not a small guy. This place was also very special because I proposed to my wife here. It has a big price tag, but I challenge you to find a more attentive crew in Bogota, and a more delicious meal.

• Visited December 2012