“Very Good Food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Usaquén
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is also a great restaurant in Bogota, is located in Usaquen and the food is delicious, lots of fish, great atmosphere and the price is right... also a must

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I visit Bogota every year and remembered 80 Sillas for a successful dinner 3 years ago, so I took 7 international friends out for a Tuesday night dinner. What a bummer. First we had to
argue about where we would like to sit in a 100% empty place, early evening, about an hour before common dinner time, then they bring us a single lifeless tortilla with a ketchupesque sauce and pushed beer sales like stock brokers, of course the wine list came first and every selection we made was not available. Steaks were pretty good, 100% unaccompanied and side orders were modest and loveless, meanwhile the unprofessional waitress kept tugging on bottles to see if she could sell another and another and another, geez, it's not very classy and sure lost its appeal. Overall this was a complete disappointment and I will highly recommend that you stay away from what has become a tourist trap. Usaquén has many choices, none are extraordinary, but certainly better values that 160 sillas, count them and you'll see they base their reputation and name on bygone times.

4  Thank Cineasta
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The best Bogotá has to offer. This restaurant on a corner of the main Usaquen Plaza is outstanding in freshness of fish and culinary creativity. Thanks to Chef Andrew Blackbourn, and the team at 80 Sillas, service is polite, yet not intrusive. The monthly specials of fish are a must. Great martinis. Reservations a must.

1  Thank Richard E
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Had nice lunch in 80 Sillas, service is fast and good ceviche although not 100% perfect. The main course -- fish in paper bag was very nice and delicious. Gets really busy during lunch time, always better to make reservation.

1  Thank winylake
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I gave a positive opinion some months ago about this restaurant. Unfortunately I must review my initial comment. Last week, some friends of mine agreed to met there to dine and I called them about 9:30 PM to know how it went. They invited me to join (I was really close) and i stopped by. The usual kindness changed into an expresion like OK, now you are here what are you going to drink? otherwise, please leave the table, because they are done!! I repeat it was an impression, but was so evident, that my fiends told me that it was likgte that all nignt. They (4 people) had wine as usual with the dine, and instead of asking how was it, will you like another bottle, do you have any other preference for the dessert or any other positive feed back: they herd from the waiter: "this is THE OTHER bottle of wine". They pointed that they still didn't know if I was comming, son they suggested they were going to wait; so that was the reason for my "charming welcome".....
Two of my friends also told me their dish was cold when brought to the table, so they claimed to the waiter and when the dish returned, the aspect was as if put into the microwave: very hot (yes) but everything melt down.

2  Thank Alvaro2012