“Great restaurant”

Ranked #8 of 2,487 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: Colombian, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Matiz is a restaurant where you will find nothing but the most personalized service. The cuisine is caracterized to be very eclectic and contemporary, we use the best ingredients and the chef, Nicolas Quintano, is behind every preparation. At Matiz you will find colombian Haute cuisine mixed with some peruvian, chilean, oriental and mediterranean influences combined with the best service in town.
Cali, Colombia
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A beautifull house in a plush neighborhood. First good impression s the simple decor. Rule of thumb: if the place is heavily decorated, the food is not good, and viceversa.
The staff is curteous and ready to serve with a smile.
Nicolas Quintano, the new chef is happy to talk about his creations and discuss variations with his customers, asking about allergies, food preferences, etc. His pancetta and his octopus are totally delicious. His innovations include a "lulo" sauce, basil oil, and combining mint sauce in his desserts. (Lulo is a tropical fruit, sort of sweet/sour, delicious in juices)
A wonderful gourmet experience. My wife and I were extremely satisfied, we will return and recommend Matiz very happily.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Rgkattan

Bogota, Colombia
“Great food”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The new chef has really turned around this place. Food is very good and the decor is stylish. Friendly staff and not as noisy as most restaurants.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Roberto N
“Beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a beautiful restaurant that has gourmet food perfectly crafted. Please ask for a table in the patio since it will make your experience even better. Service is top level. I went because I found that it was rated as one of the best restaurants in Bogota and being a foodie I just had to go. You will pay a lot but the quality of the food is worth it.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Jose V
Alexandria, VA
“Very nice meal”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I got there before they opened for dinner, and they were gracious enough to serve me early. I was not disappointed. The meal was very good. The service was great as well, and the chef came out to describe the main dish. When I didn't order dessert, he even brought a little sherbet! It had the added bonus of being about two blocks from my hotel.

Visited November 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
“Tasting menu is outstanding”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I recently ate at Matiz for a birthday dinner. I would be hard pressed to remember a better meal I've had. We got the tasting menu, which I will absolutely do again. Everything was fabulous. The chef also came out before we started and asked if anyone had any preferences--I personally don't eat cilantro and he was happy to accommodate that and several other requests. I will be celebrating my next celebration at Matiz for sure!

• Visited September 2012