“Don't miss out on Criterion”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Criterion

Criterion
Ranked #20 of 2,300 Restaurants in Bogota
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Acapulco, Mexico
“Don't miss out on Criterion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Every time I go to Bogotá I try and visit Criterion. It's one of the few gastronomic icons in a city not generally regarded as a culinary Mecca.

Last Saturday my wife and I arrived late but still got a chance to have an excellent dinner before the kitchen stopped serving. The staff are all friendly and attentive and the octopus carpaccio was excellent.

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Columbus, Georgia
“Pretentious Attitude, good food but over-priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

First, since the restaurant has no visible sign in front, we had to hunt for it. The hostess was not very welcoming either. Service was very slow even though when we arrived, there were diners at only 2 other tables. They didn't have the wine we ordered, so had to choose a more expensive one. The menu has a very complicated design, and we had to re-read it several times before we could make any selections. Everything is over-priced, and the staff is very pretentious. The chairs were very comfortable, which is rather rare in restaurants these days. However, this is not a place I can recommend since there are many other fine dining establishments on the same street that offer better service and qualty at a more reasonable price.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Overrated!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

In all fairness, I got to "know" this famous Bogotá restaurant under special conditions: an industry-event *breakfast*. Otherwise, my title would've read *Grossly* Overrated (or maybe not). As is the case with many "famous" restaurants, Criterion was a big disappointment. I had a keen eye on this one, since I had heard so many wonders about this venue. My observations in a nutshell: as I walked in, the "faux library" niche caught my eye, in a bad way. As did the chipped walls and outdated decor. But wait - maybe this place is just about the food...Out came, in a very slow procession, an intermittent delivery of poached eggs over a (muffin?), slice of bacon, in an elongated plate that did not fit the placemat. The eggs were bland (not even sure how to describe them - undercooked? raw? bad batch?); the "muffin" was chewey and cold, and the bacon hardly saved the day. On the side was an "arepa" (poor selection for that combo!), burnt, and everything was pretty much cold. It took about 45mins for all 36 of us (two long tables) to get served, by one uniformed waiter and one non-uniformed (maitre 'd?). A few had water served on their glasses, most of us others didn't. After eating our (b/fast?), another 45mins passed with our "finished" plates in front of us. The iced "fresh" tangerine juice didn't help either. So...if you ask me...and indeed "The Devil is in the Details," this restaurant earned a 2/10 on my scale, regardless of the circumstances under which we met...

• Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A must visit restaurant in Bogota!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was visiting friends a week ago and we went to this restaurant and it was the best experience ever! great food, and awesome service!
you need to go there on your next visit to Bogota!

• Visited May 2013
“Sublime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Watch a cookery programme with a top chef and then go here to understand the execution of fine food. The menu de degustation with the superior wines is sublime. Really very good.

Visited December 2012