All reviewsmarket kitchenw insiderusaquen neighborhoodcorner suiteconcierge deskgreat gymbathroom arearoom servicehacienda santa barbaraindoor poolrooms are modernbreakfast buffetloved this hotelan upgradeamazing hotelfitness centerjonathan
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

Awesome hotel and staff! They catered to my 24 (checked in at 8am), provided corner room on the highest floor (upgrade), and had welcome beer in my room after I returned from a day of exploring. Very easy to get here from airport - $9 Uber. Booked room with 40% off second night. Best deal I could find...

Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
Ramon D, Director General at W Bogota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear SoCalR_E,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this awesome review! The most rewarding thing for us is this kind of comments from our guests. We hope we could make you feel special in many other opportunities. Have a great day and be always welcome at W Bogota!

Reviewed January 4, 2018

Great location. Really attentive staff. Clean rooms and clean property. Yummy breakfast. I stayed at the W with my family during our stay in Bogota. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable of the city. They were English friendly and assured that each transfer was planned and executed without a hitch. Oh yeah, first class fitness center.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family

Hi Mark D,

Thank you very much for this great review! I am so glad to know how much you enjoyed our staff service, our rooms, our cleanliness and our restaurant! We hope to have you back soon. Thank you again for choosing W Bogota. Greetings to your family!

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at a suite in the W for 12 days including Christmas and New Years. We were shocked and appalled at the all around mediocrity and indifference of the hospitality we received, which I will detail below.

PROS: Spacious room with a comfortable bed and amazing view of the Andes mountains. Very quiet and we did not once hear sounds from neighbors or ambient noise from outside. Incredible, huge fitness center which includes a yoga room with multiple mats and bouncy balls, sufficient and varied equipment and accessories and space with complimentary mint and citrus water. Nice sauna (although aromatherapy oils and a hotter interior would have been preferable), and a nice pool (though a hot tub would have been nice since the heated pool was actually just lukewarm.

CONS: literally everything else. My boyfriend and I have stayed at both W hotel locations in NYC in addition to other Starwood hotels of similar caliber, and we can tell you first hand that this “five star” hotel is actually a one-star hotel disguised as a five-star hotel (probably solely due to the amenities)

Here are the unacceptable issues and interactions we experienced during our stay, which have not yet been satisfactorily resolved. We started a case with upper management in Corporate.

1) The food at the restaurant and room-service is fast-good quality.

a) The steamed asparagus was a rotten yellow-brown shade and so mushy and overcooked it might as well have been baby food. We picked up a piece and it literally fell over like a limp noodle. When we pointed this out the the dining room manager on duty, he agreed it should never have left the kitchen and said it was in that state probably due to “freezer burn”.

b) my simple, straightforward burger literally fell apart in my hands with each bite I attempted to take. I eventually lost my appetite and had a few bites using a fork and knife. The bun was so hard and stale it was as if the meat was sandwiched between two round croutons. The meat was so dry and flavorless it reminded me of eating at a roommate’s cheap college Fourth of July barbecue. The tomato was so old and mealy it was closer to a pale pink than a vibrant red shade. My boyfriend and I were the only diners that night in addition to two other couples in an enormous sized restaurant with three servers, yet it took 45 minutes to receive two enters and a side dish.

c) I clearly stated I would like a side of fries instead of chips (my boyfriend is from Colombia, this client in Spanish, so this is not a language barrier issue), and of course after the long wait, my burger came with chips. If the servers were trained to take orders down in a notepad instead of trying to memorize them, maybe they wouldn’t make so many errors and we could all save time (more on that later). When my boyfriend let the waiter know I had actually requested the fries and not the chips, instead of apologizing and recognizing his error and immediately swapping the chips for fries, our server defensively retorts that my boyfriend said chips. I am 10000% certain we clearly asked for fries, and that aside, this is clearly untrained and novice staff who do not understand the first thing about five-star customer service.

d) We ordered two types of pancakes via room service on New Year’s Day: strawberry and chocolate chip. We also ordered a pot of coffee specifying it’s for two people, and the employee on the other end said the pot includes 4 cups of coffee. We’re thinking, perfect!

It was not perfect. The pancakes, like the burger, arrived cold and hard. These were not the fresh, fluffy, warm delicious pancakes you would expect at a five-star hotel. They tasted like McDonalds or Bisquick quality. They reeked of preservatives and artificial sweetener. Totally did NOT hit the spot. Worst part was instead of including the chocolate chips and strawberries inside the batter, which should be obvious, they dumped them on top. Oh, and the coffee pot we were assured would include 4 cups of coffee include 1.5 cups. Not even at least a two cups for two people! This ensued in a lengthy and extremely frustrating back and forth phone exchange of about four calls. We ultimately swapped the gross cheap pancakes for simple scrambled eggs with tobasco sauce. 30 minutes later the eggs arrived with no tobasco. How can the staff continuously screw up every order we make, no matter how small or simple? Seriously, what on earth is going on and how is there such a lack of communication? We were hungry, hungover, and totally dumbfounded by the entire experience. We also ordered a side of bacon which like everything else, came out lukewarm, and even worse instead of having a crispy texture it was almost as soggy as the asparagus. The kitchen cooks everything in an absurd amount of cheap oil, so much so that small pools of visible oil appear after each bite of scrambled eggs and on the bacon plate. We might as well have had a shot of margarine and it would have had the same effect.

2) on 12/27 after room service cleaned our room, they left a pile of my long, black hair on the shower floor. This indicates one of two things. They either saw it and disregarded it out of sheer laziness and indifference to executing their jobs 100%, which is emblematic of our entire stay. Or, they didn’t even bother to open the shower door (or they would have most definitely seen and hopefully removed the hair ball), signifying they did not clean our shower. I’ve never encountered carelessness of this level at a five-star hotel. A motel, sure. But that cannot happen here.

3) We decided to buy tickets for the W’s New Year’s Eve party downstairs. We were told by the concierge our tickets would include our entry cover charge to the party in addition to a midnight champagne toast for both of us. Midnight comes around, and almost everyone is clinking their champagne glasses except for us. My boyfriend approaches an employee who says we do not get a toast. We explained we’re actually hotel guests who have been staying at the W for 12 nights and purchased tickets to this party which include a midnight champagne toast. He said he says to get his manager. What a cold way to kick off the New Year. We most certainly did not feel special or welcome by the uninformed staff. Every single interaction is like playing the telephone game. My boyfriend said, that’s fine if you need to bring your manager but bring us the champagne too. So shortly after 12:05, after all the other guests had already toasted with their glasses, we finally got what we were promised. It all could have been avoided with communication amongst staff members in advance. This particular employee probably assumed we were two people from outside and had no clue we were actually staying in one of the nicest suites in the hotel. Had my boyfriend not been fluent in Spanish and from Colombia, we could definitely see how we would have never gotten through to the staff.

4) Back to the first point, the entire restaurant concept, menu, food purveyors, Front of House and Back of House staff needs a complete overhaul. They should seriously consider consulting with the team at the Sofitel Santa Clara in Cartagena. Now THAT is a five-star hotel. The folks working at the W have no proper training, cannot even cook basic dishes, no manners or sense of urgency. We felt like we were being served by amateur teenagers who clearly receive so constructive criticism from their managers. We felt embarrassed for everyone running this operation.

5) We went to upper management at the W with our concerns before opening a case with Starwood corporate in America. We are convinced even W Bogota’s executive management has no concept of reality or how truly mediocre the overall guest experience and food is. They become defensive and look for excuses to defend their brand instead of remaining open to honest and critical feedback from two guests familiar with the Starwood brand and what it means to be an international five star hotel. We were dismissed and given the run around. It felt like Management was too scared to confront their surmounting problems and also disinterested.

Next time we will stay at the Sofitel. The W Bogota is a joke.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Ramon D, Director General at W Bogota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Dear Katherine K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us about your whole experience at W Bogota, all this comments for sure make us improve our guests service. I am really sorry for all the challenges you presented in your stay, we will take every detail into account. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Bogota!

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2018

This is your classic W hotel- you might hate it or love it: there is loud pumping music in the elevators, at check-in; the room has all sorts of odd decorating features and the bathroom has no walls. The hallways are comically dark. it is also worth noting that the property is well North of the city- easily accessible by cab, and close to the trendy, quiet Usaquen district- but certainly 20 mins away from the more central areas.

All that said: excellent service, wonderful room, wonderful sleep, great shower, amazing staff (concierge went above and beyond making our plans for New Years Eve), great room service. My room had a lovely view of the mountains, and I slept like a baby. We also got a pretty decent rate considering the five star quality of the property itself.

If you like the W scene, and dont mind the (cheap) cab rides to town, this is a great stay.

(Note: the hotel's breakfast is in Market Kitchen, the one lowpoint of our stay: the hostess was kinda rude about us not having reservations, despite an empty restaurant, and the breakfast buffet was close to $35- patently insane by Colombian standards).

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view. Will be a bit blocked by Canadian bank/embassy but still beautiful to wake up to...
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends

Dear nb424,

Thank you very much for telling us about your experience at W Bogota. I am glad to know how much you enjoyed our excellent service and our rooms. Our hotel design is inspired in El Dorado leyend, which tells a narrative with the design of each environment, i hope you liked it. On another hand, I'm sorry about the challenges with our hostess service, we will take it into account for your next visit. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2017

The staff was excellent !! Upon arrival I had messed my days up for me visit . The team quickly resolved it and even upgraded my room . The room was absolutely fantastic ! The team st the lounge was very friendly and were very fun to engage with . I love this property and will visit more often . As an SPG Platinum I highly recommend W Bogotá

Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ramon D, Director General at W Bogota Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2017

Dear Michael C,

Comments like this, make it worth all our effort! Thank you very much for taking the time to publish this review. It is an honor to know how much did you enjoy your recent stay at W Bogota. We hope to welcome you back soon!