See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 17, 2015

This is basically an apartment with a floor reserved for this hotel. The first thing to notice while you enter is the security while entering the property, which is a good sign, the city being Bogota.
It is situated bang in the middle of the city centre with most of the sightseeing located within walking distance of this property. The rooms are spacious, well decorated, the bathrooms lavish with good quality toiletries.
The breakfast is not buffet and is served to you once you sit at the breakfast table. Quite a narrow spectrum of food and there isn't much selection or if you like something, you cannot have a second helping. this is the only bad part of this place.
The rooms are sound-proofed and you can a have a good night's sleep (as it is situated on the busy road).
Overall, I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the road and you can spend a lot of time sitting by the side of the window as life flows by.
  • Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2015 via mobile

The rooms are big enough, clean and good value for the price in a very good location. The staff is really kind and helpful, we were absolutely satisfied. Ot was authentic to have breakfast on the corridor. The only thing to mention that you should wait for hot water in the shower.

Stayed: January 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had no intention of staying at Hotel Breton Hill and only did so because of a horrible experience I had with an AirBnB listing forcing me to leave the apartment 30 minutes after arriving and being lost in Bogota without a place to stay. I found Breton Hill on booking.com and it was affordable and had good reviews. I took a taxi to the address provided and there was no sign out front, which was strange.

I knocked on the front door and a security guard asked me what I wanted. I asked if there was a hotel here and she said yes, on the 2nd floor. So, she asked my name, called up to the 2nd floor to confirm I had a reservation, then let me in. The "hotel" is actually an entire floor (the 2nd loor) of a building that seems to have both offices and residences.

I was a bit stressed after my horrible AirBnB experience and the young man working the night shift (it turns out he was the owner's son) was extremely accommodating and helpful, and spoke perfect English. He upgraded me to a larger room which was clean and had a fan to allow for circulation. It's on a main avenue but the room was very quiet and I got a good night's sleep.

They serve a nice little breakfast in the morning, with some juice, coffee and eggs (the 2nd day it was a waffle). The owner was on duty the day I checked out (today) and was extremely kind as well. She told me she talked to her son and that I needed an apartment for the month since I had left the AirBnB rental after 30 minutes, and offered to work out a special deal where I could stay with them for the month. It's a shame that I had already found another place since I definitely would have taken them up on the offer.

So, while this really isn't a hotel in the true sense (it's more like a B&B), it's definitely a place you will feel welcome and it's in a great neighborhood. It's just a few blocks walk from some great shopping malls and it's in a very safe and secure zone.

Room Tip: I had room 208, which had a street view but still quiet. The only recommendation I have is that they should have doors that are thicker as I could hear noise in the public areas when in my room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2013

It's a small, family-run hotel. It's basically a big apartment adapted to a small hotel. Room and bathroom are quite spacious, but you can hear the traffic noise in the morning. The owners are very nice and helpful people, as it's usually the case with Colombians. Breakfast is a real shame. It would be better not to offer any at all. Location close to embassies explains why prices are high, but still lower than most of the hotels in the area. All in all, I would likely consider other options.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Very small hotel of 8 or 9 rooms located only in the second floor of the building.
The rest of the floors are private apartments.
Great Location over the Carrera 11 and 1 block from the 93 park, area with lots of upscale and fancy restaurants and trendy bars. Few blocks is located the Andino Shopping, Retiro Shopping and Atlantis Shopping.
The Hotel staff is super friendly and they are always willing to help you.
The room that we stayed was the Superior room and was very big and comftable.
The breakfast is basic but worked okay.
I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a king bed and window.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Santp29
Cristian b, General Manager at Breton Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

thanks a lot for your review, Great to know that you liked the room, and the Staff treatment, we work every day to get a total satisfaction from our guests. so we hope to see you again soon