“excellent”

Habitel Hotel
Ranked #45 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 9, 2014

we stayed here just for one night because our flight arrived very late from leticia, and we wanted to be close to the airport because we were leaving again in the morning. wow! what a find! even thought the price is a little steep, it is well worth it. the room was very spacious, almost a suite, flat screen tv, huge bed, sofa. extremely clean, the breakfast buffet was first class and included in the price of the room. wish we could have stayed a little longer to enjoy the place more. the only downside (they have a free shuttle too you can reserve from the airport beforehand) is that when the shuttle arrives, they attend to the pilots and stewardesses first to get them their rooms, so we had to really wait quite a while, almost a half and hour , to be assigned our room. when they know the shuttle is coming and how many people are arriving, they could accommodate a little more. once we got to the room however we were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank almo52
Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was forced into a different flight so needed a place to stay a night. The suite comes in handy, has a really comfortable bed and has a nice bathroom. The food was good and the staff is very welcoming. For the purpose of short stays I'd pick this hotel again anytime for its relaxing flair in the otherwise loud and stressful city. Long stays I'd rather avoid because there is really nothing close except for the airport and the area is not that pretty.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Sebastian H
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

My flight arrived in Bogota at 11pm and my travel buddy's arrived at midnight. This hotel was ideal as it is so close to the airport (and we didn't want to mess around late at night having just arrived in a new country). They offer free pick up, even so late. In fact my travel friend's flight was delayed until 2am and they still picked her up! The room was very comfortable, good size, nice bathroom and they have a 1pm check out that was useful having arrived so late!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was stuck in Bogota for a night on my way to the Caribbean coast, and I found this hotel. It is a good price for the value, clean, and simple - and half the price of the Marriott. The real advantage of this hotel is how close it is to the airport. They provide free airport transfer (which saves you a few dollars and a lot of hassle). Breakfast could be better. Nice value in general.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Try to picture an airport hotel; a good, comfortable airport hotel without anything fancy. Just clean, comfortable rooms, maybe a tad bigger than you're used to. That's the Habitel. Conveniently close to the airport, but unconveniently far away from the city (45 mins by taxi if there is no excessive traffic; there's always traffic in Bogota). Decent restaurant, exceptionally friendly staff.
Can be bit loud from the sound of traffic and planes. There's a quarter-hourly 24/7 airport shuttle, but watch out for rush-hour traffic. Even the 1/2 mile run to the airport can take up to 30 mins in those conditions.

Room Tip: Earplugs for light sleepers
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jurriaan T
Reviewed November 14, 2013

A very good hotel very near airport.

Friendly and helpful staff.

They have shuttles from/to airport every 15 minutes.

The breakfast was included and it is ok, they don't have much variety.

The down site it take a while to go to "downtown" during daytime, to have a nice lunch, or shopping, because of the heavy traffic.

Room Tip: There are some rooms without conditioner, ask for the ones with it. I think the rooms with A/C is on...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Felamg
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I usually stay at Habitel when my agenda keeps me closer to the airport, which lately has been 90% of the times :-/
The Hotel is just a great setting, customer service is superb and everybody for the years I've been in this place, always treat me as a superstar making me feel at home! I can name all the people by name now and they continue to be courteous and respectful, never surpassing the client-service provider line. Another building is almost ready for opening, I'm sure the acceptance and recommendation is bringing much success to this hotel. The amenities such as Gym, Sauna, Massage, Beauty salon, are in pristine condition and easily accessible. I believe I and a flight captain, when we had the opportunity to cross paths are the only ones using the Sauna... it is totally new and the humid room is just perfect.
Food is good, Bogota has awesome places to go and eat so there is always better choices, but when you are stranded for work or layover from the airport at the hotel, food is alright: empanadas, sopa dos mares, ossobuco in linguini... the best!
Although the hotel is the closest to the airport and allows me to wake up one-hour later to catch my flight as when I stay at the North of the city... always risking to lose my flight due to the intense and terrible traffic.
So much good news ehh? The bad part, and I swear is the only bad part I have to report is when a flight is cancelled and hundreds of people just arrive and clogs the reception desk, the bar and the restaurant... then everybody turns crazy and service deteriorates. Just the time I brought my wife and daughter as last day in Bogota and to be closest to the airport, an aerolineas argentinas flight got stranded and everything broke loose, my daughter then stated "and this is the perfect hotel you were talking about...?" :-/ I referred this to an attendant whom in turn called the administrator and within minutes we received the apologies, were placed at a set up table at the bar, quieter than anyplace at the time, and had one waiter from Santa Martha at our service. Just perfect turn around! ;-)

Room Tip: Always book your room and then ask for free upgrade, room 229 or 329 are the best. The airplanes'...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business