“Wonderful Hospitality”

Hotel Richmond Suites
Ranked #189 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was with my family during one week, two kids: 10 and 5. We stayed in one room and it has big LCD TV, huge bathroom, table dinner, kitchen, living room, refrigerator, among other things. Clean, warm and quiet room. Fresh bed set and good quality fabrics. Excelent food and great buffet breakfast. Concierge and front desk very helpful. But the best of the hotel for us was the kindness and hospitality of their people. I felt at home and I knew anything I needed it I have had it! Definitely I will come back in my next trip.

Room Tip: Master Suite
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Percy G

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

A long way from the centre but near Park 93. Breakfast really good and staff generally very helpful.

Shame receptionist tried to charge us an extra $30/night for having two people (as agreed via email) in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank lldk120
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed from 3/5/13-3/11/13. Great internet, clean and spaciouis room, friendly and helpful staff and nice breakfast buffet and you can order ommelettes etc from kitchen. Walking distance to Parque 93 a great place to find numrous restaurants and nite clubs. Weekend touristrain station is also walking distance to get your tickets to visit famous Chipaquira salt cathedral. if we go back to Bogota will stay her again. From Airport use taxis available at airport and you will save money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 956jagar956
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Diego and his staff are running a very nice hotel, located in a great area. Some comments:
1) The rooms are spacious, clean, and are equipped with a small kitchen.
2) There is a nice little restaurant and bar located in the lobby area.
3) 24 hour security personnel who also will assist with your baggage. Nice.
4) The hotel is a short walk to the Parquee 93 shopping area with plenty of nice restaurants, shops, etc.
5) On site fitness and spa is very nice.

Tip: Unless you are very familiar with Bogota, I'd recommend asking the hotel to arrange for a driver for transfers. The hotel is approximately 25 minutes from the airport, longer with traffic.

Overall, Richmond Suites is a great value and will be my base camp during return trips to Bogota.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jim O
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I spent 2 weeks at this hotel and was greatly impressed with the quality of service and friendliness of the staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank fad3449
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I got married in Bogota and my wife's parents booked a room here for our wedding night. We arrived late after our wedding in the worst storm I had ever seen anywhere. Our taxi was pretty much the only car on the roads. But as soon as we entered the hotel it was like another world. Service was great and it was very atmospheric, but the weather helped to create the atmosphere a bit I think.

Our room was covered in rose petals. The room was huge, with an L-shaped sofa, a plasma TV that swivelled round to face either the bed or the sofa. There was a kitchen and a large bathroom with a bit bath. Three huge floor to ceiling windows with a lovely veiw. The room was clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable. There was a note welcoming us and wishing us luck for our marriage - nice touch.

We only had one night but we could stay there until 9PM the next evening - I think it was a special thing for newly-weds.

The next day we had breakfast (pretty good) and lunch, which was really really nice. Very high end food which was really nicely made and jus amazing. Breakfast and lunch was included in our room and a good thing too as the food was expensive. It would be expensive even in London.

Overall, this hotel was brilliant. However, I didnt pay for it, have no idea how much it costs (so I cant comment on value for money) and it was my wedding night so I was incredibly happy anyway.

But definitly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robin1979
Reviewed September 7, 2010

The Richmond Suites in Bogota was so much more than what we expected! Staying over there was great due to many things that I will detail in this review:

Rooms: The room we stayed at had been recently renovated and was very comfortable. It had a kitchenette, plasma TV, mini living-room, and modern furniture. The bed was very comfortable.

Staff: The service that was provided was the highlight of the hotel. We were brought anything we wanted or needed, and the staff was available 24 hours a day. We had room service, hot tea, medicine, and an iron delivered only a few minutes after we requested each of these items. One funny fact about Bogota is that you can order medicine over the phone and the hotel will do this for you!

Amenities: The hotel has anything you would possibly need for a stay in Bogota. Free Wifi internet everywhere, room service, a restaurant, a business center, a spa, a flatscreen TV and lounge at the lobby, etc.

Location: The hotel is very well located, just a few blocks away from a chick part of the town called "Parque de la 93," or at least that is how the locals refer to it by. This is a very trendy spot with restaurants, bars, and lounges.

Some other reviewers had complained that the noise was unbearable, but frankly, we thought the hotel was pretty quiet. It is true that during the rush hour of the afternoon you might hear some cars honking, but we did not think it was a big deal.
Further, I want to highlight that the staff at the hotel is amazing! They can get you anything you need (yes, this includes an ironing board and an iron), you just have to ask. On top of this, they offer laundry service and dry cleaning service from very early in the morning until late in the afternoon. I believe this hotel is very well suited for business travelers as well.

• Stayed: September 2010