“It's trying hard, but doesn't quite get it right”

Madisson Inn Hotel & Luxury Suites
Ranked #77 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Basel, Switzerland
“It's trying hard, but doesn't quite get it right”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel offers large suite-style rooms with separate living & bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms. Despite this, it's just not quite right. Staff had to turn on the power at the main breaker when I checked in at 10pm after a long flight. Staff also knocked several times on the door at night despite the "do not disturb" sign hanging on the door (when I answered the door & pointed it out, the person just said oh, sorry. Not as sorry as I was to be woken up.)

The thing that bothered me the most, however, is the lack of thermostat or any sort of temperature control in the room. I found my room quite hot & airless, but there is absolutely no air control. My only choice was to open a window. My room was on the second floor and above a balcony, and seemed quite easy to break into to me -- being that this is downtown Bogotà, I really wasn't crazy about leaving the window open (in the end it was fine open -- I figured it was a choice of not sleeping because I was worried about safety, or not sleeping because it was stifling.)

Breakfast buffet was nice, but at lunch, I recommend ordering from the menu instead of the buffet.

One more thing, you will do well to speak at least a bit of Spanish, as most staff spoke very limited English.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank H2where
Ginna V, Jefe de Reservas at Madisson Inn Hotel & Luxury Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest:
Kindest regards from all the team at Hotel Suites Grand House.
First of all we thank every one of your comments about our service and hotel infrastructure, this allows us to continuously improve our processes and help us to provide you a better service.

Based on the information provided by you, we have reinforced the service training with all our employees to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction.
In addition. We are glad to inform you that in February 2013 ,the hotel will go under a total renovation process which will include all guest rooms and public areas.

Dear Guest, please accept our sincere apologies and for your next visit to Bogota, we are pleased to extend you a complimentary upgrade to a Business Suite, courtesy airport transportation to the hotel and VIP amenities in your room.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you during your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 5, 2012

The hotel itself is great. On one of the nights in which we were staying I was woken by my mother calling me from her room, she informed me that she had at least 5 strangers in her room. Inraged we notified security and the front desk immediately. With the little Spanish we spoke we finally worked out that, the intoxicated people were actually guests of the hotel. They had asked the front desk for the wrong key, with no hesitation or double checking they gave the guests the key to my mothers room. As infuriated as we were we understand mistakes happen and approached the front desk to a) seek hotel management and b) find out what happened this was at 8am. We were informed that no manager was there as he had a meeting and was due in at 10 we wrote a note and left it informing them that we would be back at 12. At 12 we were told he was half an hour away seeing as we had an appointment with an orphanage we told them we must see him once we return at 5. When we arrived at 5 we were again told he was not avaliable no reason was given we spoke to a low level staff manager who gave us little help and instead offered us a cheap trincklet from the hospital cabinet and a dismal apology letter from the manager. We left the next day still with no attention given to a) our room issue and b) any attention from the manager. I emailed the manager one last time within a week of leaving seeking a response or a apology none was given. I will not advise this hotel to anyone due to the poor service and horrible communication between service personal and management.

• Stayed December 2011
Medellín, Colombia
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This place really surprised me! It was great and the rooms are very spacious, well kept and some rooms even have a big balcony.
PROS: Location is wonderful, staff service, breakfast and food overall is at international standards level, Rooms are spacious, the Suites are marvelous and are almost the size of an apartment

CONS: couldn't find any, but maybe that it's sometimes difficult to book it, because of high demand.

I came across this place, because our office is just around the corner. Glad we did!

Room Tip: If you like Balconies, ask for a room with one.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ColombiaJuanSe
Zolder
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I have stayed 4 times in this hotel. I love the place, love the staff. Very clean and convenient for business travellers. Very recommended

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank hanzerito
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Good location with a very friendly staff. It located very close to (10 minutes in a taxi) from the T Zone area, which is full of restaurants and nightclubs. If you don't feel like taking a taxi you can walk to Parque 93, which has about 20 or more restaurants to choose from. It is located only 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Truro, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 3, 2011

After an unpleasant stay in another hotel we booked this at the last minute. We got an amazing junior suite and wished we had stayed here from the start. Great staff, super clean, terrific spa area and a very nice location.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 4, 2011

This was my first time in Bogota Colombia , because of what we hear in the news we decided to stay in a better hotel. We went there on a business trip - Anato Vitrina turistica trade show ( corferias) and it was somewhat close 30 min with traffic and 15 without traffic.
The people are very friendly and most of them speak English, the only bad thing was that the safe didn't work for my colleague and they didn't fix for the whole 3 days we were there.
We got the 6th floor rooms and it had a stairs and balcony which was very nice. Bought our tickets at otel.com for a really great deal.
The breakfast was good , but always the same... overall a great hotel and great locations.

The shower had jacuzzi heads and it was great! Free wi-fi

Note that if you get the hotel taxi is going to cost more than the yellow taxi and as long as they call for the yellow taxi is just as safe.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business