“Beyond Expectations”

Ranked #73 of 266 Hotels in Bogota
Miami, Florida, United States
“Beyond Expectations”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The perfect hotel for me. Not so large that you get lost, and a room that made me feel at home. The staff is wonderful, always quick to open the door, answer questions, and I don't know how they do it, but they always greeted me by name. There is a small restaurant off the lobby with a good enough selection of foods for me (I am vegetarian so that is usually a challenge). I got my room with the breakfast included. Cereals, fresh fruits and fresh juices, and some hot items (mostly non-vegetarian). Excellent coffee (this is Colombia after all!). The room is clean, modern, and comfortable. Internet connection was fast and stable. With the cool Bogota temperatures, I didn't even realize at first that there is no air conditioner, but it was definitely not needed. I was doing business in the "Centro de Formación Empresarial Fundación Mario Santo Domingo" which was directly across the street. If I ever need a hotel in this area again, I will come back to the Lugano.

Room Tip: I requested a high floor, away from the street
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Greg B
Thomas A, Guest Relations Manager at Lugano Imperial Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Thanks, alwas be sure that your suggestions is what make us to improve.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Helsinki
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This hotel is very nicely located for big banks and corporations. Serviec is good, hotel is very nice and very clean. Free internet and all.

I wouldn't really complain about anything except if you are a very light sleeper. In those cases, the single pane windows may let in a bit too much sound if you are unluckily placed.

Rooms themselves for example are humongous.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jakefin8
Thanks, for your appreciations
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Spent 5 nights in the Lugano Suites, and liked it very much. I've stayed in around a dozen hotels in Bogota, and after my first stay here, this is my new favorite. It's a pretty small hotel (36 rooms), and this ends up meaning that the service, which is excellent, is also very personalized. Most of the staff learned my name and preferences and didn't forget while I was there. Service was excellent. The suites were large, comfortable, and a great place for a short or a long stay. I used the gym (small, but functional) a few times, and also tried the massage service, which was very good. The breakfast was good (but not great), and the room service was timely and excellent. Wifi access was fast and worked well.

Only a few areas that could improve - the bed wasn't the most comfortable. This improved somewhat after two nights, when I remembered to request a different pillow, and that helped. A better mattress would help, though. Also, even though I was on the 7th floor, there was a lot of street noise in the early morning. Perhaps it was the acoustics caused be the surrounding buildings, as the hotel, while not on a major road, is quite close to two important and high-traffic roads. I don't know, but better, more sound-proof windows probably would help.

Great location for restaurants, as well - head over about 2 blocks to Zona G for a wide variety, or just walk down the street a block to La Despensa de Rafael, for a great meal. The hotel is also very convenient to a Carulla supermarket.

Enjoy! I intend to return.

Room Tip: Not sure which are best, but ask for a quiet room - probably higher up is better.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank tourismspecialist88
Thank you, we will wait for your return, please inform us if we can do anything to improve your experience.
Buenos Aires
Reviewed March 28, 2010

The room is giant, with 2 rooms with bathroom, fully - equipped kitchen, 2 plasma screens. Location is good, near downtown, but not so noisy. A taxi to downtown should cost around 5 dollars.

The service is great, the people remember your name and your preferences, like the type of water you want for breakfast. Breakfast could be better (lacked mermelade!!) but still great. The restaurant has decent options, specially for B-Travellers that come late and want something to eat in their room.

Internet conection is fast, security box a little bit antiquated (with key) though efficient. Spa and gym small, but the service in the spa was great (highy recommend the welcome massage and take some more if tired, even on sundays!)

I would highly recommend for B- traveller and for families, as rooms are so big they could acomoddate 4 people (parents and 2 children)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Thank you...
Norway
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I was sick and had to delay my return home with one week. Lugano was the perfect place to end up in, and I felt like being home. The friendliness by the reception staff was exceptional, it was always a pleasure to stop for a chat and I really felt like they looked after me. They were very professional.

The standard of the suites were very good, with panorama windows and nice views that kept me happy during my long hours when I was waiting to become better. There were big flat screen TVs in both bedroom and living room, but I spent most of my time surfing the Internet. The connection was very good. Room service was immpecable, and every time I requested something it was provided quick and efficient.

The location (north) is good, it is set on a quiet street, but within 3-5 minutes walking there are top end restaurants and shopping areas. The area is safe for walking during day and night which I did a lot. It is possible to take public transport, the busses are passing on the main road only minutes away, and the speed link system is maybe 20 minutes walk. The hotel also has hotel taxis and can call taxi when needed.

I strongly recommend Lugano and will come back any time. I actually miss the staff!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
ltyoperadora, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Lugano Imperial Suites, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Guest.

Its a pleasure for us to know that you have been with us and that your stay with us were as you were specting.

Thanks for choosing us, and welcome menever you need.

Andres Gutierrez
ecommerce@ltyoperadora.com
Seattle
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I was in BOG for business, first trip to Colombia. I do not speak Spanish and was a bit apprehensive about the trip. The staff at Lugano was FABULOUS, they were so helpful in making sure my trip was succesful. The rooms were very clean, and well appointed. Food was excellent. I would 100% recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Thanks, Hope you come back soon.
San Diego, CA
Reviewed September 26, 2009

Was in Bogota for 5 days on business and they put us up at the Lugano Suites. I cannot say enough good things about it. We had the penthouse suite which had two bedrooms (one a masterbedroom with bathroom and walk in closet), kitchen, living room and floor to ceiling windows that look out over the neighborhood and the mountains. The service staff was extraordinary...they were attentive to every need and were all warm and welcoming. The door man even walked us to a nearby restaurant one night so that we wouldn't get lost. I would stay there again and HIGHLY recommend it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Thank you, special greeting from the staff