“Beautiful rooms and great people”

Hotel 104 Art Suites
Ranked #88 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Los Angeles
“Beautiful rooms and great people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2009

Beautiful from diffrent artists of Colombia decorated rooms. Friendly staff who besides Spanish speaks English as well. Stayed just one night and eat out not in the hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Key Biscayne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

This is the Best Hotel in Latin America from a service perspective. It is not overdone, just often enough and and never makes you feel like you are imposing. The Rooms are chic and modern, The location is 1A, and just the right amenities make this hotel hard to match. Not too expenssive, but in my opinion, a better site for business travelers. I got the same feeling from all other guests as I heard several comments at the front desk and to the manager of just how impressed they were. I cannot disagree. I will stay there for a while.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2009

Did not honor our reservation. .
Downgraded us upon our transfer.
Charged us double for hotel arranged taxis.

An ugly experience in a lovely city.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank jazzkat6
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2009

This was really a great find! The hotel is perfect in every aspect, from rooms to service. The staff and everyone working here will know you by name in an instant. We had a great stay here and would do it again soon.
The only thing that we would absolutely advice is negotiating the roomprice in advance especially if you first stay in a penthouse suite and move to a normal suite...they have absolutely no problem charging you the price you were paying for the penthouse...this happened to us and it really was a disappointment after a weeks stay in this really cute hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Oomdagobert
Magor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2009

When I first looked at travelling to Colombia I considered the big chain hotels as I was nervous and felt it would be best to fall back on a familiar name. I was researching on the net and found 104 art suites and from the start they answered every question and concern I had promptly, even when it was more of a query relating to Bogota as a city than their hotel. Many of the large chain properties would not even acknowledge my emails, this and the fact I am a big art fan and every suite has been designed by a different Colombian artist and is unique convinced me that this was the best place to book. Thanks at this point for being so patient with me should go to Gabriel and Karin.
I arrived in Colombia at about 2200 and the driver from the hotel was there to meet me as agreed which was a real relief as I hate arriving tired and disorientated in a new country especially at night and having to hail a taxi outside an unfamiliar airport. Got to the hotel and I have to say that I have never anywhere else been welcomed so warmly I was offered a drink and Patricia even asked if I would like dinner.
I have travelled a lot and throughout my stay at 104 art suites I was constantly impressed by the friendliness and customer service of all the staff from reception to the restaurant to housekeeping, (thankyou for the chocolate covered strawberry). I am only sorry I cannot remember everyones names so that I could thank everyone personally. The hotel is very hip and trendy but nothing I asked was too much and it felt cosy.
My room was great, complete with its own kitchen area, a great walk in shower and very comfortable bed. I had room 504 by Paola Rico, and although a little noise was audible from the road outside, (you are in a capital city after all), I slept well.
Whilst I am writing this I would like to thank particularly one of the drivers, Edgar, who not only drove me to the bull ring at short notice but helped me buy the ticket and to find my seat as well as my spanish is awful. This was going above and beyond in terms of customer service and I would like to offer him my sincere gratitude.
The hotel is in a quiet area, but a very safe one and there is security 24 hours.
Throughout my time in Colombia I was very impressed by the enthusiasm and the welcome I received, people seemed very proud of their city and country and were willing to endure my terrible spanish and to offer recommendations. I was a little worried about coming and whilst of course there are parts of the city and country you must be careful in and extra caution should be shown at night I felt no more at risk than in any large European city, just ask reception if you are unsure of a particular walk or neighbourhood and keep your wits about you and its ok. I travelled on my own with a basic grasp of the language and it was no problem. It would be a tragedy if the fake stereotype you see of Colombia in movies stopped people going as I had a great time. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank matthow
Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2008

I stayed a few nights in 104 Art Suites in December. I thought the Hotel was amazing. By far and away the best, most personalized service I have ever had in a Hotel, Within 15 minutes every employee knows you by name. All rooms are suites, the place is a converted apartment building. Each room is decorated by a local artist. All done in a minimilist style, very tastefully done. The staff bends over backward to be of service, want tea at 1am, call Patricia and she brings it with a smile and "can I get you anything else ?'. The restaraunt has a small but adequate menu with everything prepared perfecly. Don't want what's on the menu?, no problem, tell them what or how you want it cooked and they happily acccomdate. Taxi service from the Hotel is done by handpicked drivers and cars, knowledgeable and safe and comfortable.
I am a former Hotel owner and I can't say enough about how I was treated by Camilo, Henry, Patricia and the rest of the staff. As I left the Hotel in my cab ,Camilo summed everything up, he said, : don't forget, you now have ahome in Bogota awaiting your return".
I'd go back just to stay here.

• Liked — Style and Service
  • Disliked — Located in a residential area, while quiet not in area of walkable restaraunts and activities.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Rickinbaja
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

I recently moved to Bogota, and while searching for an apartment I stayed at a three different hotels, the Cosmos 100, the Le Manoir, and finally 104 ArtSuites. I highly recommend this hotel.

First of all, the service is unbelievable. Patricia, the night bartender, is an absolute joy to be around and is always incredibly energetic. The entire staff is very helpful and very nice, and they are willing to work with you to make your stay as comfortable as possible. They have private drivers standing by to take you anywhere you would like to go. Additionally, the laundry service is same day, the internet connection (free, by the way) is the best of all the hotels I stayed, and the rooms are incredible.

Every room has a different artistic theme, and every room has a small balcony. Each room is like a small apartment, with a kitchen (including a very impressively stocked snack bar) and interesting artistic work all over the walls. The showers are very large and comfortable, and each bedroom has a walk-in closet with plenty of room to store your things. The beds are amazingly comfortable, as well. You will sleep like a baby...and if you get cold (Bogota does not have HVAC anywhere), they will send a space heater up to your room for your convenience.

Additionally, every Wednesday there is a cocktail hour with the manager, and he is a very friendly person. The night front desk worker, Diego, is also very friendly, and most of the people working speak English better than the majority of locals in Bogota. All in all, it's exactly what you would expect from a top notch boutique hotel.

• Liked — Comfortable beds and free gym vouchers to the best gym in Bogota, the
  • Disliked — The restaurant
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank vladyk91