“fair” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #160 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Houston
“fair”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

quiet pricey.. no kitchen at all, north area of BOG.. great flower shop on site, nice breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Boston, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

We stayed here on a visit for our dauhgters wedding. I have to agree with a previous reviewer about the noise from the traffic at the junction. However when I asked if we could be moved to a quiter appartment the staff were very accomodating and moved us to a lovely appartment inside the complex.

it is quite a large complex with a nice, well equiped gym. we used the hardresser and found her to be very good. Overall the staff were the best assett to the Hotel/Appartments. Nothing was too much trouble for them. we were made to feel really welcome and would not hesitate to return.

We would just like to leave one last tip for the Managers. Please install double glazing.

Onle last word. It is quite a way out of town and the traffic can be horrendous and the Bogota taxi drivers are maniacs.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fred_quimby
Hoteles_Estelar, E-Commerce Manager at Estelar Apartamentos Bogota, responded to this review, June 29, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments. We are looking forward to make your next visit to Colombia the best stay in Bogotá with Hoteles Estelar.. Your constructive feedback will help us to continually improve. Thank you for the double glazing suggestion it will be sent to the Hotel Manager. We would like to invite you to visit us in other destinantions where we can provide you the same excellent Estelar service.
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

An excerpt from the letter I mailed to the hotel after my visit.
I wanted to take a moment and thank your wonderful hotel staff for providing an outstanding experience during my recent stay at the Estelar in Bogota. I stayed March 19 through March 22. I have stayed in many beautiful properties all over the world and was very pleasantly surprised by your property in Bogota. The staff was very friendly, professional and attentive during my stay. The property was meticulously maintained, the food was excellent (breakfast) and the service was outstanding. I would like to mention one of your employees by name who made an extra effort to be helpful to me during my visit. In the reception area I met Oscar. He made a real effort to be helpful to me and I enjoyed meeting him very much and saying hello in passing during my stay. He made a special effort to ensure that my needs were met and seemed sincerely interested in making sure my stay went well. I understand he is new to the property but I can tell you that he had the professionalism of someone who has been in the hospitality business for many years. I would expect him to do very well within your property and company. I met many employees during my visit and I was well served by them all. I especially enjoyed meeting the security dog at the front gate too, the black lab. I will in the future look for your properties and I will recommend them to my friends, family and business associates. Job well done to you all.

Of note - there is a very busy mall across the street with quality items and an 'Exito' which is a grocery store. I have to be honest here and mention that the traffic noise from my room overlooking the Exito was extremely loud - all night, every night. But it did not take away from the rest of the visit at all.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JeffKJr
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2009

My son David was born in Bogota and wanted to see where he was from. We stayed at the apartments from 6/12-18/09. The entire complex is beartiful. We stayed at the apartments which was a wise choice. The apartment, facing the gardens, had 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen, and great room. There is no pool. There is a delightful cafe and restaurants. The staff is fantastic and extremely helpful. There is security and you can't enter without going thru the gate. The lobby has a bouquet of 250 live pink roses which is a sight to see. There is a computer area and speak to Danny. He was marvelous since I wasn't used to the additional letters in Spanish. His English is perfect. Diagonally across the street is the UniCentro which is a very upscale mall. You can enter through the Exito supermarket. We bought our breakfast food and any other things we might need during out stay. Bogota a a magnificent place to see. Don't miss Morserrate, a church up at 10,000 feet. Breathing is difficult! The gold Museum and the Salt Cahhedral and hour away. Casa Vieja is a wonderful restaurant. The food in Colombia. You will never regret going to the hotel, nor visiting this fantastic city.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family