Abadia Colonial
$459
$419
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hotel Vilar America(Bogota)(Great Value!)
$47
$74
All reviewsla candelariacolonial stylebotero museumwithin walking distancewooden floorsfresh fruitarepasgold museumsmall hotelperfect locationbolivar squaresimon bolivarhotel locationrooms are nicehot waterthree nightsmonserrate
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This charming, colonial-style boutique hotel is so fantastic, I've stayed there twice! I went first with a group of co-workers and went back when I had to make a second trip alone. The staff are wonderful, extremely helpful. The location is perfect, walking distance to all the Banco de la Republica museums, the central square, the Museum of Gold and a few fantastic churches. The food is amazing, not just the breakfast that is included, but also the authentic Italian and Colombian restaurant, which features authentic tomato sauces and great Italian wines.

The beds were extremely comfortable, the rooms are quiet and include modern flat-screen televisions, a quaint mix of dark wood furniture and ultra-modern comfort. Definitely a must-stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JRonyc
Reviewed December 10, 2011

A lovely little colonial gem in La Candelaria.
I'd rate it as a mid-range hotel though. Reception and initial impression was slightly more hostel than hotel, but the rooms made up for it. Make sure you get a room that is not connected to the restaurant, it can be noisy and a little dark. The rooms around the back courtyard comes highly recommended (especially Habitacion Orquidea - spelling :)
Very friendly staff and the restaurant was great value.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that is not connected to the restaurant, it can be noisy and a little dark. The rooms around the back courtyard comes highly recommended (especially Habitacion Orquidea - spelling :)
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Travelitch78
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Colonial-style Abadia Colonial made us happy in all respects. We really liked the style and warmth by the staff. Rooms were very nice and the manager looked after us for everything we needed. It is located in the heart of La Candelaria, close to Museo Botero, walking distance from Plaza de Bolivar. Free breakfast in the morning was simply great, with juevos revueltos (scrambled eggs with cheese and ham) and fresh juices different every day; in addition we tried the italian-style restaurant and it was very good, especially the pizzas. Also, free internet is provided. Should I ever come back to Bogota', Abadia Colonial would be my choice again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank clauz
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed here twice and if I had written this after just the first stay it would be a better review. The Hotel is in a great location, right in the heart of the old town, the breakfast was great and the room I was in big with a comfy bed. the first time I checked in was late at night and all went smoothly. the second time I got there at 2.40pm and was told check in was not until 3pm. Ok, i went for a walk and returned at 3.05pm. I then waited 20 minutes while the lady at reception processed the lunch bills for numerous people. finally when it was my turn she went to serve the other person now there who was checking out. he indicated I was next and she ignored that information. while processing this persons check out another lady arrived to pay for her lunch in the restaurant. the lady served her before me. i said "excuse me" and was told I would be served next. I had now wited 30 minutes. I was then shown to a small, single bed room that the maid had just started to clean. My booking was through a travel company and I enquired why the different quality of room for the same booking. I was then shown a second small room that was still unmade from the previous guests. At this stage I rang the agency to qualify what type of room the booking was for. a mistake had been made and I was shown to the same room I had been in on my previous stay. this was also un made up from the previous occupants. i asked if there were any rooms ready for a new guest and was told no. It was now 4pm, check out is at 12 noon and the place has only 12 rooms. Who organizes the housekeeping here?????
3 housekeepers descended on my room and changed the linen, towels and cleaned and finally I got to a room at 4.15pm. Check in is at 3pm and I was there at 3.05pm.
Also be aware, the bathroom I had has a weird shared skylight with the room next door and you can hear far too much, especially the couple having a long sex session between 2.30 and 4 in the morning. Good on them but i do not need to be a participant.
Customer service here is good, there is just something very wrong with the time management of getting rooms ready for new guests. If you are staying here you may want to arrive later in the day.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Robwombat
paolonerocchi, Gerente at Abadia Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

Good morning Mr. Robwombat

We read your review on Tripadvisor and we really thanks you very much for all the interesting point of view. Anyway I need to answer you about some your cases.
At first we had prepared for you a room that you didn’t appreciate. So our staffers work for you to change the room with another guest. It was not so easy organize it, but our staffers find for you another room. In that moment we worked with a full restaurant (more than 100 persons) that ask for their food; unfortunately in that day we had seriously problems with our workers, one chambermaid was in holiday and the other was the first day of job. One receptionist renounced for family reasons.

So we are sorry for you’re the inconvenience about your check in but we think that the initial wrong was to accept to change the room.
Usually we don’t change the room booked because our hotel is small despite we try always to accommodate our guests.
Regards
La Gerencia

Reviewed June 28, 2011

This in one of my favorite restaurants in Bogota, located in the best area in the Candalaria Lunch is great, lower level patio is refreshing and the upstairs( with gas heaters) is romantic and intimate. I especially enjoyed a glass of wine on the balcony with my friends, as we were a group of 10 and had excellent service and great quality and good prices. Something for everyone, pizza to fillet Mignon. They will decorate romantic tables with rose petals! Open Sunday evenings!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends