“We liked it so much we went back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Abadia Colonial

and 1 more site!
Abadia Colonial
Ranked #117 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Cheltenham
“We liked it so much we went back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

Very friendly staff, with good English now, comfortable (if cool in the winter) rooms, and good food in a great location for walking everywhere from the Monserrate Cable station to Museo del Oro and the old Candelaria area which is delightful. This part of town is tucked up and asleep by 9pm, so not for those looking for night life. But it is quiet for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for the back courtyard
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nichhome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

I arrived here 27hrs late due to missing plane connection. on arrival the receptionist was lovely and showed me to one of the nicest rooms in the hotel. all the rooms have flower names, mine was rosa. there was at least one single room that I saw but I would suggest paying the bit extra for a colonial room as the single looked rather small. also if you are a light sleeper, maybe best to have a room further away from the recption towards the garden. my room was the first in the garden, and although beautiful with a stained glass wall, the wooden floorboards just in front of the room were a little squeaky! I had perfect treatment for the 3 nights, every morning breakfast was different (their choice of juice and fruit, your choice of eggs or ceareal), and I was never disappointed. when I questioned about my no-show on the saturday night (I had paid a deposit beforehand) they said there was no problem, so I could stay the 3rd night with no extra charge, which is unheard of in europe! the room was lovely, very clean, with a heater if I needed it. the 3 receptionists did their best to help with all info I needed. I had one meal in the hotel, delicious and reasonable prices. also free internet if you want to use the computor. the location is perfect, in the most pretty colonial roads, and not near any dangerous areas. fantastic!

Room Tip: choose nearest the garden or patio!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank serena99
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

We stayed for several nights here (on and off) and cannot recommend it highly enough.
The staff are incredibly helpful - we lost a case on the flight out for 3 days and they went out of their way to help us (calling people etc for us). They even ensured our clothes were washed in about 3 hours as we had nothing else to wear!
The location is very good for the old town - you're right by the Botero museam and Plaza Bolivar. The hotel staff also gave us very good tips for nights out in Zona Rosa and Parque 93.
On our return we missed our flight (yes, it was that sort of holiday) and again, they went out of their way to help - giving us rooms at very short notice and allowing us use of a room past the checkout time while we sorted everything out.
All in all, highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2011

I arrived there for a casuality. i looked for an hotel in the downtown. i visited other 3 hotels before and they were really bad. What's mean bad for me: aanomimous, dirty special the toilet and no interesting. when i arrived in Abbadia Colonial people at the reception company me to choose the only 3 room free. so i choose mine and it was the best choose. I arrived on March 31 and i left it on April 2 to make a trip in colombia. Well i booked a room again before to back at home. it's strategic to visit the really town, there's the University and 5 museum. Close to Bolivar square, the Government and the ares is safe for turistsWonderfull coffe, breakfast, bed and lovable peolpe.

Room Tip: I suggest you Rose room
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Walpapi
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for three nights when we arrived in Bogota at the beginning of our 3 week visit to Colombia. Subsequently we returned twice each time for a one night stopover on our way to another area.
The hotel is in a good location to explore the old part of Bogota .. very easy to walk down to the square and to the shops. It's representative of Spanish architecture and has two lovely open courtyards and upstairs dining with a view of the mountains.
Service was excellent and staff were friendly and exceptionally responsive to any queries we had .. when we had a receptionist who was unable to speak English she was very happy for us to use the Google interpreter which worked brilliantly.
Food was good and there is also an Italian restaurant which produced great food.
Rooms are reasonable sizes although they vary and some are obviously better than others. The only real difficulty we found were the mattresses!! These are exceptionally hard and I notice from the owners' response to a previous review that they are orthopeadic mattresses and they certainly felt like it. We got used to them in the end but I don't think I've slept on mattresses so hard but I guess I can console myself that they were good for my back!! Apart from this though, the location is great, the staff exceptionally helpful and food good so we'd definitely go back as we enjoyed staying there.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
paolonerocchi, Gerente at Abadia Colonial, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
Hello Mrs. Indira,
We are very pleased that you liked our hotel and restaurant.
I followed his advice and I bought mattresses softer-
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.
Paolo Rocchi
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2010

I booked one of the cheaper rooms at this hotel in advance of my arrival in Bogota - I´d never visited the city before, and wanted to stay in a decent hotel in a good area for my first few nights, but didn´t want to pay too much - and the Abadia Colonial seemed to fit the bill... Whilst these cheaper rooms are attractive and comfortable, they open out onto a courtyard/bar/dining area which is incredibly noisy (with loud music & people talking) until around 11pm at night - so beware!! I believe the higher-priced rooms are located around a second, quieter courtyard... Overall though I found the staff to be very polite & professional, and the breakfast served in the restaurant upstairs was delicious... but from the noise perspective, I found my room to be overpriced.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank elklondon01
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

Excellent, clean and peaceful spot after a day of touring. Friendly, helpful staff. Restaurant was very good and had typical foods and then a list of italian specialties which the people in Bogota seem to be partial too.

Good, free internet and very good breakfast included in the upstairs restaurant each morning. You must try the ariepas and the ajiaco.

The helped us find a tour last minute with Authentic Tours and it was a perfect 2 days.

It gets cool at night so wear warm pajamas!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business