“Comfortable and friendly”

Ranked #144 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
Cirencester, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and friendly”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I stayed here for 10 days and found it to be comfortable (especially for the competitive price), conveniently located and the staff friendly and helpful. I had only one problem (with the taxi company the hotel used); but the hotel staff were clearly mortified when I told them and sorted it out for me straight away. Some reviews listed here seem to want to blame everything (including the price of stamps!) on the hotel. It is true that the staff didn't speak English (except one) but most of their clientele seems to be from within Spanish-speaking America and, in any case, English is not widely spoken in Colombia - so a little Spanish would be an advantage if staying here. The breakfast is well, generous. Colombians like their breakfasts and the desayuno here is - if you want - full-on: eggs, arepas, chorizo, more eggs, and, of course, caldo de costillas (the famous Colombian beef stew). When I return to Bogotá, I shall probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors would be quieter. Bogotanos appear to rise early, so there is some traffic no...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Schmeissfliege
Saín A, Propietario at Hotel Centro Internacional, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback.
You are right about the level of English spoken in Colombia, however hotels must be prepared for English speakers and so we are making efforts to increase our bilingual staff. We DO attend international companies and foreign tourism which is a reason for us to keep up with our staff´s English level.
I am glad to know you enjoyed our restaurant La Cascada, it is a BIG thing for us to give you a glance of Colombian gastronomy, is a mixture of tastes and exotic ingredients eager to be discovered ;)
Do not hesitate to contact me on your next visit to Bogota, there is nothing greater for us than attending happy returning customers. sainaguirre@hotelcentrointernacional.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Overall is a nice hotel with fine accomodations, although not renewed furniture. The main thing that bothered me was that the bar was open only until 9.30 pm and closed on Sundays, but that seems to be normal y standard Colombian Hotels.
I'll be there twice and I'll just reccomend travelers to request outside rooms, because inside rooms have their windows to an internal (very small) patio and the walls are just 1.5 m away.

Room Tip: Inside rooms have the inside patio and the kitchen is right below. I would reccomend chosing outside...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for bringing this up. Our restaurant on the 2nd floor serves alcoholic beverages and attends social activities, however it is not a bar and as a restaurant it closes at 9:30 pm.
I am glad to tell you that we will be opening the Hotel Bar (yet to be named) on December 2012 right on the 1st floor. It will be a great place to socialize with travelers, have a few drinks and enjoy live music.
As for inside and outside rooms, some travelers have a very light sleep and prefer to be as far away from windows. Some prefer to enjoy the view of outside rooms. I agree with you, the travelers should request the room that better fits their needs and we usually ask for preferences in this matter when both options are available.
Again thank you for your feedback, it is the greatest tool to keep developing great service. Make sure you email me on your next visit, we value guests like you. sainaguirre@hotelcentrointernacional.com [--].
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I would like to thank the staff of this hotel, I had such a great attention!!

I am glad to have the chance to thank the hotel staff by telling other people how great this hotel is, it is a 3 star but it looks and feels like a 5 star.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback!!!

You are always welcome at Hotel Centro Internacional, I do not have to stress out how important it has been for us to have your business coming back in the last few years. Attending large groups has always been an interesting challenge but with your professionalism and well planning everything just flows....
To make you feel like at home is our greatest achievement and to earn your loyalty is our greatest reward.
Kind regards.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 17, 2009

I made a reservation for my girlfriend coming from Peru and her first time out of the country. The taxi overcharged her from the airport (50.000) and when she arrived at Hotel Internacional they told her she didn't have a reservation. My girlfriend was afraid to go out and look for another and they charged her 50.000 pesos for a room with 3 beds. The reservation was for a single room, confirmed to me at 28.000. So the taxi robbed her and then Hotel Internacional robbed her again. What a terrible impression they gave her. I'm very upset with this hotel!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Belluomo
Hello friend. I am very sorry for your girlfriend´s inconvenience during her stay in Bogotá. We at Hotel Centro Internacional accept all feedbacks and critics and make efforts to correct any mistakes as we are not perfect like any other business. However there seems to be a MISTAKE here.
We are NOT Hotel Internacional which is the name of a Hotel located in a nearby area. It may have happened that there was confusion because of the similarity of names with Hotel Centro Internacional.
This is a different kind of hotel where rates are very different from ours. We have never had a rate for $28.000 for a single room.
My advice for you and any other traveler who may need a taxi service from the airport is to go straight to the taxi kiosk located at the pickup bags exit. They will ask for the address you are going to and will print out a receipt with the total charge. This way you will know exactly how much you will be paying regardless of the way the driver takes you.
With all due respect we disregard this negative post about us since it refers to a different Hotel.
Thank you.
Prague
Reviewed December 26, 2008

I stayed there in february for a week. I booked my room via email with one of the staff members. I was surprised when he offered me a shuttle service from the airport but after my arrive nobody waited for me and after 30minutes I took a taxi...At the reception nobody had my reservation, so I waited maybe 20minutes. The staff spoke only spanish so it was a big problem because I no hablo espanol...Ok they were friendly but we can´t discuss some things what I wanted...The internet connection in the room is horrible, most of the times not worked and if yes it was too slow...The breakfast was bad too, the waiter spoke only spanish and the dishes were wroted in spanish language too, no english in the hotel, horrible...Later one younger men spoke english fluently but he was there only sometimes...
One day I saw 2police officers at the reception, they spoke with one of the guests. I think she lost? something but they spoke only spanish so I can´t understand...
And the worsest thing happened to me when I left the hotel. I had postcards with stamples what I wanted to send to my family in Europe. I left it at the reception and said them(in english they spoke of course only spanish) that they not need a money for the stamples or other things, only what I need is to send it when they´re doing their posts...And the postcards never arrive to my family of course...I never had problems in other countries with postcards only there and it was quite expensive, not the postcards but the stamples to Europe are twice expensive as the postcards...

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank mester
Hello. I would like to apologize for some of the inconveniences you have had during your stay with us.
Today we offer the same shuttle service from and to the airport and most of the times we are able to achieve punctuality. I say most of the times being realistic because I have to admit that there have been specific issues that become impossible to manage such us road blocks from students that make traffic jams last even hours. This is not often but again it has happened and it affects every other hotel shuttle.
Once you have booked a reservation with us we provide a reservation number which is convenient to have in hand. It is not really necessary for we should have all the information needed with just your last name or the one you provided to book your room. If for some reason we do not have your reservation information in our system which is not likely to happen, we will honor your reservation with the confirmation number provided previously.
I appreciate your comments about our English level, I must admit that in the past we did not have bilingual staff as we have today. Although there has always been someone who can help non Spanish speaking guests not only with the hotel check in / out process but also to get around the city and even the country providing valuable information.
I am also pleased to tell you that today we have full Internet access for our guests from every room and public areas and it is Free. We did have issues in the past and again I apologize for this.
In our restaurant La Cascada we have made some changes along these last few years, one of them was to include a menu in English. Now you can enjoy colombian gastronomy without having to speak spanish.
As for the police officers, the reason why they visit us constantly is because their principal station is right around the corner (carrera 13 calle 40). They keep patrolling the area and visit every business in it. We keep a tight relation with them because this makes us a safer hotel and provides confidence to our guests to walk around the area.
We hope to have you staying with us again, it is our priority to provide great service and eliminate language barriers to understand your needs and over deliver upon your expectations.
Thank you for your feedback.
Lutz, Florida
Reviewed April 5, 2008

We spent one night here. It's a nice place - clean, well maintained, up-to-date, comfortable beds, plenty of hot water, safe location, good food, friendly staff (though they often appeared quite rushed). Opt for a taxi from the line at the airport for less than half what they quote you though. They arranged a four-hour city tour with guide and driver for $60 - quite worth it considering our limited time.

• Liked — Very clean and comfortable bed
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)