Ways to Experience Mount Monserrate
from $50.00
from $72.00
from $37.34
3,928 results
All reviews cable car funicular ride great view of the city walk up above sea level high altitude entire city souvenir shops coca tea sunny day worth the trip beautiful church bogota city la candelaria monserrate teleferico climb
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

This is one of those attractions that is worth going to. It is easy to get to and inexpensive. I recommend going to the restaurant for lunch or dinner while overlooking the view of the city. I went for lunch but a few people I spoke with said that the view at night is just as breath taking.

1  Thank ItchyFeetCJ
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Old church, stations of the cross, tourist knickknacks, you can definitely get your Jesus on. Even if you are not religious, it's worth going for the view of the city from the mountaintop.

They do different things at different times of the year. All the Christmas lights were up when we visited.

1  Thank John R
Reviewed 3 days ago

Terrified of heights, but the cable car and trains were so safe. Very crowded due to large tour groups, but we were able to experience all available elements with ease.

1  Thank GoPlaces25633842334
Reviewed 3 days ago

Fantastic view of the city. Get there early as there is a line for purchasing tickets. I was lucky to see the city on a sunny day. Well worth the effort. Can't go to Bogota without visiting.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

We visited on a Sunday morning which we knew would be busy. The arrival area our Uber dropped us off at was particularly heaving so we decided to start walking rather than looking at the cable car or train options.
I know others will call this out but it is a long way to walk up. It is manageable, but it is a long way with lots of steps, don’t be fooled.
My partner and I are mid 30’s and admittedly don’t exercise much but remain in decent shape. The hike required a good amount of effort to get up. Worth every ounce of the effort I must admit. I think the signs call out it is 2,350M - from 1,900 metres it levels out for the last bit but beforehand it is pretty much relentless steps up the mountain.
The view at the top is great and some lovely shops and places to regain the calories you burn off from the hike.
We opted for the cable car return which took 45 mins or so to get, in hindsight I think we would have walked back down again.

1  Thank Marty_C_85
Reviewed 3 days ago

Cool views of the city and mountains behind. Fairly long lines waiting for cable car. Bring a jacket, it was quite brisk and windy when we got to the top.

1  Thank mbtripadv2017
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Go early (before ~10am to avoid the line for the ticket and funicular.)

On a clear day you can see for miles. For people who live at sea level, you may find you need a little more time to walk at this altitude.

No need to spend a lotta time, take in the view and move on to other sites. It’s worth the trip.

1  Thank Nonac
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

I was there in the morning around 11 am and it took more than one hour to enter the lift. So plan well the time.
And I learned that Sunday is kind of half the price.
The view is amazing and up you also have kind of a small market including food! So nice

1  Thank PmvD1
Reviewed 6 days ago

We have been twice this year, with two different groups (Australians and Americans), both of the groups loved it.

On the most recently trip (beggining of November 18, we experience a black out in the Funicular (rail tram), we were stack for like 15 min, only few minutes before we reached the top. Although it was all good and safe we lost good time and the weather didn't help to capture the view.

Always Monserrate is a high light for a day trip with visitors or family and friends.

1  Thank CarlosA P
Reviewed 1 week ago

The cable car ride was more expensive than shown on the price list at the gate (but not expensive). And for those who don't like cable cars the funicular runs infrequently (and not when I was there). At the top there are a number of tourist souvenir stalls, but the cafe did to appear to be open for refreshments. The view was not spectacular and I'd have missed nothing by not spending an hour or 2 getting to the top and back. Give it a miss.

1  Thank Godfrey S