“Excellent Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant

Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #110 of 2,250 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

Had a variety of dishes. All very good. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. The chicken tikka massala was great!

1 Thank Joseph M

Houston, Texas
“EXCIDING MY EXPECTATIONS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was in the TAJ MAHAL restaurant located in Bogota, Colombia, Usaquen neighborhood.It was the most greatful experience I´ve ever had regarding Indian food,,the service was outstanding, the maitre D´ and the waiters anticipated all my needings, the atmosphere was like if I was really in India,they treated us like KINGS AND QUEENS. Thank you very much to the staff,I highly recomend this restaurant over the world. THEY EXCEEEEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS.

Bogota, Colombia
“Hot and spicy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Went to Taj Mahal not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. I was also surprised that the food was actually spicy because most places in Bogota you ask for spicy food and it's really mild. Overall good service and the decor is nice too.

2 Thank Ana V
“Great food outshined by terrible experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

We went there yesterday for dinner, looking to have a nice enjoyable dinner with an indian business friend, but were completely suprised when we tried to order one of the dishes and the waiter's reply was rude, indicating that the dish was not to be shared, but had to be ordered by one person only, since it had been designed that way!!!!

We ultimately ordered the dish, along with other dishes, and of course shared all of the plates (since that is the beauty of these meals), but not without an uncomfortable argument with the waiter who insisted it didn't matter if the person was hungry or not, he/she could not share the plate..

Apart from this, service was fast, food was delicious (our indian friend was happy with it) and we ended up having a nice dinner.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Natalia S
“Bad service and the food doesn't match the prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

We went on Saturday around 1:30pm the place appear to be empty but there were four groups. I should know that a restaurant on Saturday lunch with just 4 tables is not a good sign, specially if it is located in area full of restaurants.At the beginning we wait 7 to 10 minutes before they came and ask what we want.Even though there were only four tables the speed of the service seems to be that the restaurant was pack. The starter was very lovely, the food look promising at this stage. When we were about to finish the starter, the waiter came to pick up the empty dish. We have to remind him that the we haven't order the main dish. The main came fast to my surprise. After having the first bit it was tasty and spicy enough, but after having more bits, the food was leaving a salty flavor in my mouth. This is my first time that Indian food had this effect on me. At the end I was not please by the flavor of the food and left with a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn't recommend this place to my friends.

• 2 of 5 bubbles