“Could do better” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Indian Superstar

Little Indian Superstar
Ranked #829 of 2,250 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Could do better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

The advertising for this place was all very enticing it has to be said and inside it is very hippy, chic and there is a buzz about the place it has to be said.
The food whilst being reasonably authentic and spicy if you ask for it probably could be improved. I did enjoy the Prawn curry (Goan I think) and it was one of the best I have had for a while but bear in mind there is a dire shortage of Indian cuisine available in Colombia. If you are a seasoned Indian eater you will not be overly impressed. You will recognise the chapatis for what they are, pan arabe bought in any supermarket. I very much suspect that they are completely lacking a Tandoor clearly essential to Indian bread making.
What really got my goat though was the security man at the door refusing entry to anyone until a very haughty and arrogant hostess deigned it appropriate to allow you upstairs to be promptly abandoned until she decided to allow you to progress to the next stage of being seated. Whilst this attitude may work in high end fashion focussed restaurants it serves no purpose but to wind me up. Black mark.
When we did get a table having been told that all were fully booked the service did improve in terms of attitude but not much in terms of speed and accuracy. I had my meal taken away from me after two mouthfuls as it was intended for another table!
If you do manage to book a table here I am all ears as to how you managed it as I have phoned repeatedly at different times of the day and attempted to book in person during the afternoons and early evening all without an answer let alone a refusal.
In summary if you need Indian food it might work if you can put up with the supremely snotty hostess and you manage to get a table. The prawn curry was good but the rest was average at best. There is now a better Indian in Bogotá at long last.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TripMember020920162

“Good drinks and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is more a bar with some good food than a restaurant with some good drinks, so you should keep that on mind before your visit. Menu is fashioned around Indian food as the bar name remembers, it is not a big menu but it is a good sample of traditional appetizers (6 at all) and entrees (6 at all). I did not tried the main courses but all appetizers and got well impressed. As I mentioned before it is more a bar so I went into some cocktails (made out of gin as the name suggest) that I have to said liked me very much, I would recommend Holly Party, Teehanna and one that bartender (luis Fer, a nice guy) invented at the time and we named Indian Nights (including gin, ginger, mango pepper and other things). Coctails are a little bit overpriced to my opinion. All in all I had a nice night there. Site is very crowded after 8:00 pm and it is hard to get a table if you don't have a reservation

• Visited April 2013