“Nice hotel in safe neighborhood. A few things to improve though.”
Review of Hotel Bioxury

Hotel Bioxury
Ranked #120 of 265 Hotels in Bogota
San Francisco, CA
“Nice hotel in safe neighborhood. A few things to improve though.”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

TL;DR: Nice hotel in safe neighborhood. Some rooms have problems, see below.

I stayed in this hotel first for 2 nights, then I was away on a tour for 1 night, and then stayed again for 3 nights.

First about the good and neutral things. The hotel is nice, new and modern, tastefully designed. It is in very safe neighborhood, about a block from Zona Rosa shops and restaurants, lots of police and security everywhere, you can safely walk from the hotel to the shops and restaurants. The stuff is really nice, some of them speak good English, others speak just basic English but they usually ask someone speaking better to help so it's not a problem. The breakfast is OK (although not a big selection - for example just one sort of cheese and ham). I also had a light dinner a few times - I liked the cocktails, the mushroom soap, and the creme brulee (maybe a bit expensive for Colombia though). The hotel has their car - the first morning I asked for the taxi to Montserrat and they sat me in the hotel car - it's nice but twice more expensive then the taxi, so next days I just stopped the taxi on the next block. The last day I took the car to go to the airport and again it was twice more expensive compare to the taxi (but again, more luxury).

Now about some problems. The first night I stayed in room 601 and found that the safe in the room did not work. I arrived late at night so only in the next morning asked to fix the safe. The guy on the reception told that someone will be in the room in 10 minutes. I waited for 15 minutes and asked again - the receptionist came in but could not fix the safe. He told me that since it was Sunday, the maintenance did not work so I had two options - to have it fixed the next day or to change the room. I needed a safe to leave my documents and money so I chose to change the room and they helped me to move to the room 401. OK, problem solved, but I lost 40 minutes because of that.

I should also note that both rooms were very nice but they had shower in a glass cube. It is absolutely OK for me since I was alone but I can imagine that for some people traveling together that could be a problem. So just be aware.

Now, the next time I checked in they gave me room 604. It was smaller then 601/401 (and BTW the shower was not in a glass box, it's a more traditional layout). I think the first time they gave me an upgraded room compare to what I paid for. I was OK with a smaller room, however during the night I found another problem. All the rooms have a motion sensor that turns the lights on when it is dark and you enter the room. Could be a good idea in theory. In practice the sensor is so sensitive that it turned the lights on during the night when I changed position in the bed! Note that in previous rooms I did not have that problem because the room was bigger and the sensor was in the corridor, but in the smaller room it is in the room itself. So I was awakened at least 4 times during the night because of the light turning on. In the morning I complained to the reception and they told that they knew it's a problem for all smaller rooms. They promised to send someone to block the sensor as soon as I leave the hotel for the day. OK. Eight hours later I was back to the hotel and tested the sensor - turned off lights, laid on the bed and moved a hand - the motion sensor still activated the light. So I guess no one came to block it. I complained to the reception again and suggested to change the room since they did not fix it and they had a full day for that. The receptionist told that it's not a problem and gave me room 403 - which has the similar layout as rooms 401/601. I think those rooms are higher category and they actually upgraded me again - which I appreciate very much, but that would not be necessary if not the problem with the sensor.

Now, I am not a person who used to demand a lot. I don't remember when I asked to change my room in any hotel the last time, and that was definitely the first time in my life when I changed the room twice. The stuff are very nice guys, they tried their best to solve the problem, and otherwise I am happy with the hotel - but honestly, to give a hotel the highest score, those problems should not have existed in the first place! So I am giving the hotel 4 instead of 5.

Room Tip: x01-x03 are bigger rooms but they have shower in a glass cube (I think they are 'superior' r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank oldjackaroo
Monica F, REVENUE at Hotel Bioxury, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Mr
oldjackaroo

We very much appreciate the time taken to give us their views, take careful note to each of them and look forward to your next stay with you. We will work to improve for your next stay in you this the most comfortable possible

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This hotel was great. Service was good and the hotel itself was great. Good location near stores, food and transportation. I will def stay there again! I stood there for 4 nights and the room was always cleaned when I came back at night. It did have a safe which was a must for me. No real view if you are looking for that kind of hotel. This is just great location and the price was right. Did not eat there so I don't know about the food. When I was there the electricity went out but the hotel has a generator and it was a life saver.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Leonardo J
Monica F, REVENUE at Hotel Bioxury, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Good morning, thank for the time taken to let us know your opinion we hope you in your next visit to Bogota
Seymour, Connecticut
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights last week while in Bogota for a conference. Hotel is about a half hour from the airport. The entrance is a little hard to find -- look for the Mister Ribs restaurant which is part of the hotel. Rooms are very clean and modern, room service is great and there are lots of restaurants and nice bars in the area. Front desk staff tried very hard to please. Great internet, decent TV. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Laura H
Monica F, REVENUE MANAGER at Hotel Bioxury, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Bogota is a huge city, so location is important. Located in a safe and clean part of the town, Bioxury is a neat place with good value. Rooms are not huge, and noise cancellation is a bit of an issue, but the are comfortable, internet is OK (could be faster, though). The breakfast leaves a lot to hope for, and the restaurant "Mr. Ribs" is a bit weird

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Timo V
Monica F, General Manager at Hotel Bioxury, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
greatly appreciate the time dedicated to let us know your opinion, look forward to seeing you on your next stay to Bogota
Seattle
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed in Bogota at Hotel Bioxury for a conference, and I found the hotel to be really nice on all accounts. The hotel seems to be newly remodeled, or else very well kept up, and the amenities are everything you'd expect and need. A big plus to me was the rain shower-type shower head in the bathroom, just brilliant!

The restaurant was really good as well, particularly for dinner. My only complaint would be 3 simple things: 1) the elevators are very slow, and 2) to save power, the lights turn off in the floors outside the elevators, which makes sense, but it's kind of creepy when the elevator arrives on the floor and it's all dark until you step out. And 3), the lighting in the bathroom could be better, like not directly from above.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Valkyrie_Kate
Monica F, Director Comercial at Hotel Bioxury, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment, hope to have him on your next visit to Bogota
Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Reviewed September 5, 2013

all you need at one place! a modern-style chic décor can be enjoyed, Mistral Restaurant offers Mediterranean Food. Room service is available.Guests can make use of computers with Internet access at the lobby.Andino Shopping Mall is 5 blocks away and El Dorado Airport is a 30-minute drive

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank i_PedroM
Thank you very much for your comment, we appreciate that we selected alla as your hotel in Bogota and look forward to having you again on your next trip to this city