Zohar Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Muisca Hotel(Bogota)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Boutique ADAZ(Santa Marta)
Hotel Regina(Bogota)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshistoric centersecurity camerasexcellent wifispeaks excellent englishla candelariagreat locationpresidential palacecomfortable bedsplaza bolivarfree coffeewalking distancerooms are bigjoshuashuttersshowerkettletaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a beautiful old house made into a lovely hostel morel like a boutique hotel. Joshua and Beatriz are so kind and helpful and recommended great things for us to do. The coffee was so good. Really made us feel at home and enjoy Bogota so much more. We stayed again at the end of our trip as it is in the perfect location and really comfortable and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My family and I had a comfortable & convenient stay at Zohar - a lovely colonial abode that is safe & secure. The hosts Joshua & Beatriz are nice people - courteous & helpful - plus Joshua speaks fluent English. The location is great - walking distance from almost all the must-see sights in Bogota - also many eateries nearby. Our room was neat & clean, clean bathrooms with hot water, we enjoyed the breakfast, were thankful for the fast wifi and computers too. Zohar has rooms with attached or shared bathroom. We highly recommend Zohar, which is a very well managed hostel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My name is Juliana and i stayed in this hostle for a coupple nights with my boyfriend. The palce is very clean and everithing was perfect. We don´t have anything to complain!
Great rooms, good breakfast and very well located!!!!

I really recommend this hostel

Room Tip: All the rooms looks great. I visit other rooms before to choose mine and they were very good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed in this hostel over a month while I was training in the language school near by, so I got to know this hostel well. The hostel was an excellent place to stay. The owners were very friendly and always helpful. Amazingly so. They did everything to help me during my stay. The hostel was new at that time, and anything I needed that they didnt have, they soon got for me. The bathroom was shared, but that was not a problem, as it was well kept and clean. The room was very comfortable, with TV. I had wi fi in the room, and two computers in the hall. The building was a nice old townhouse, cozy place to be. The location was great, just a short walk to the plaza de armas and museums of candelaria. The breakfasts were good too. The area was safe, there was always soldiers outside as the location was close to the Presidential palace.

Room Tip: Try one towards the back, away from the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I chose this place based on the reviews on here. I had called to book my room and I was told that I would have a private room with private bath, (or at least that was the impression that I got). When I arrived I was told that the room that I was supposed to have was occupied but I could have another room on the second floor (at a higher rate) but the bathroom was about 50 ft away and was a shared bath. The next day I was moved to the room that I was originally supposed to have but again the bath was next door and a shared bath. There appeared to be many "locals" that stayed here as early every morning they would be up and gone (making noise and waking me up) doing so. By the time I got up and to the bathroom it was a mess. I am on older man and having an on suite bathroom is something I prefer and need. Had i known (realised) that there were no rooms with on suite baths I would have looked elsewhere. As for location that was not bad for Candelaria, close to many government buildings and the Botero Gallery. Many locals told me not to carry my camera as this area was prone for robberies even with all the security guards close by. The staff were friendly enough but the place felt like a prison with all the locked doors which may be necessary in Bogota. As for breakfast that seemed to be rationed out in individual portions which were not all that large. Next time I would probably stay in a different location probably in the Chapinero district and make sure that I got what I had ask for.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo