“Great food! Vegetarian options.”
Review of Britannia Pub - CLOSED

Britannia Pub
Cuisines: Colombian, British
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Britannia is Bogota's authentic British pub. We have our own micro-brewery and many have said that our Beer is the best in Colombia. Our menu includes some classic British dishes as well as stir-fries, burgers, salads and plenty to pick at. From 4-7pm Monday to Thursday we have 2 x 1 coctails. English spoken.
Dallas, Texas
“Great food! Vegetarian options.”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I really liked the food here, great choice including Vegetarian food and the service is excellent as well.

Visited September 2013
afowen, Owner at Britannia Pub, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thanks Jenigiri for your comment.

In fact, due to my previous chef leaving without warning, we are running a reduced menu at the moment. I'm glad that you enjoyed the food even though there is not a great selection at the moment. The plan is to have a more ample range available within two weeks.

Cheers,

Alex

Swansboro, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A surprise right outside my hotel door”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I found Britannia purely by accident when walking by and Alex touted his beer. My co-workers and I found the food very good and the atmosphere excellent. On my trip through out of the country, it was a must stop and I was not disappointed. The food is a great change of pace and very well made. The staff is attentive and friendly, not something always found in Colombia, especially to foreigners. Alex recognized me from my earlier trip through 2 months earlier and made certain to sit and chat for a few minutes. They serve the best Mojito I have ever had and the selection of music is right in my comfort zone. Keep doing what you do Alex, well done.

• Visited September 2013
“A piece of home far from home!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

What's to say about the Britannia that not already been said, the foods good, simple, well prepared food which is well priced and fresh made. The Geordie skewers are Amszing but not on the official menu YET.
The beer is a hangover waiting to happen you can just have one of the IPA,s! And as for the Belgian BE CAREFUL, it tends to have a very strange effect on your legs very quickly!! More than 5 and you,ll know about it.
The staff is very helpful and it's a great place to hang out and talk to Europeans or English speaking people.

• Visited May 2013
Cranbrook, Canada
“A taste of Britain in Bogota”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Britannia Pub is a great bit of England in a great part of Bogota. If you're staying at the Sheraton, Marriott or Holiday Inn near the airport, this place is short walk away (and in a new and safe part of Bogota to be out at night). Great fish and chips but the best part are the fabulous homemade beers.

Visited August 2013
Ruidoso, NM
“My favorite place in South America”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Let's be clear, this is a Pub, not a "Bar and Grill". You won't find a massively thick menu that looks like it came from The Cheesecake Factory, waitresses wearing their mandated 15 pieces of flair, or a dessert tray. But what you will find is a huge surprise in the middle of Bogota.

An amazingly warm atmosphere, I've met so many people from all over the world while hanging out in this bar while in Bogota for business. Not to say you won't also find locals as they're happy to hang out here too.

When in town for a 7 day stay I often eat here 4-5 days with my personal favorites being the Fish and Chips - best I've had outside of the UK - and the Stir Fry (they call it a Wok) with egg. Bartenders are universally good with English and waitresses passable and will grab someone if they need help understanding you. Lunch special, different each day, is also good on the rare weekday when I don't have to go into the office.

In-house produced beers are excellent and I've turned many of my co-workers onto their beers. Try the American Brown and the Belgian for sure as both are excellent.

A British co-worker working on a project here in Bogota said he was glad he wasn't staying next door at the Marriott or Sheraton because he'd be there every night. Perhaps that says it best!

• Visited May 2013