“Good place for English food”

El Ingles Gastro Pub
Ranked #102 of 2,528 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are known for our fish and chips, burgers and full English breakfast. Everything you eat is made in house so you can taste the difference. Saturday and Sunday we offer traditional roast beef, chicken or pork.We are open every day 9am-4pm including weekends, however we do close for bank holiday weekends.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good place for English food”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had a lovely afternoon at the English cafe. The breakfast is amazing and the roast dinners are very nice. My mate Louise enjoyed the apple crumble and said it was heavenly. The mince pies are particularly nice around Christmas time. The best English food in Bogota.

• Visited December 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Great food, prices and atmosphere! Very good service and classic English dishes. Lee is a friendly owner and has created a welcoming environment! Highly recommended!

• Visited December 2013
Whever
“Fish and Chips to die for”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I congratulate Lee!! I loved the Fish and Chips and the beer. I am going back soon to have more fish and more beer.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Luisgtovar
London
“Must have been a off day. Wanted this place to be great.”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

After reading so many of the other reviews I was quite let down when I went here for a breakfast a few weekends ago. The food wasn't particularly good (egg and bacon sandwich with soggy tomato and mushrooms in it for some reason) but the worst was the service which was very poor and the place wasnt even busy.

The waitresses were very slow and we had to cancel an order for drinks because they took so long (20 mins for a juice despite several reminders) as we were then getting ready to leave. They rarely smiled or showed any enthusiasm for their work. Maybe this all can be explained because it was a sunday morning and they had been out partying the night before, I dont know.

Im told the lunch/dinner fish and chips is excellent and that the owner is a cool british guy. The place itself is well looked after and has an expat-home-away-from-home sort of feel to it which was great. I will certainly go back and give it another try.

• Visited August 2013
elingles_41, Manager at El Ingles Gastro Pub, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Nigel, sorry that we let you down with your first visit to us. There can not be any reason for poor service but I will be looking into it. Please give me a call on 2555524 as I would love to invite you back for lunch or breakfast of your choosing
Lee
Bogota, Colombia
“A little bit of home away from home”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

What a great place. Lee, the owner is a great guy who's passaionate about making fresh and amazing food. htey even make their own ketchup, bread etc. It's a must go place for any englishman/ women who're missing home or for any Colombians who want to try some amazing food.

• Visited September 2012