“Good Find”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Good Find”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Walked into this restaurant not sure what to expect but looking for something elegantly casual. I was happy to see a somewhat French based (with heavy US influence) menu that was delightful. Shrimp falafel were tasty and my hoegaarden beer find was a surprise. I ended up with mac and cheese side, with a cheese steak main course and caprese salad (ok I know this isn't French) but they had Coq Au Vin and a host of other French food. Prices weren't bad at all and the atmosphere was great. Good wine selection and one of the best selections of liquors I have found in Bogota. Great service capped this evening on a high note. I've seen the other reviews which were somewhat disappointing, but I really did enjoy the whole package. Give this one a try.

• Visited February 2014

Paris, France
“Disappointed Twice”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I have been to Bistronomy in Usaquen twice. Once 2 years ago in December 2011 and again in January 2014. The first time I went there I was not impressed and this past time I was not either. We went this past time because it was one of the very few restaurants that was open in Bogota on the 1st of January. The food was average at best as we all found our dishes to be bland and none of us finished what we were served. The service was okay but not outstanding. The most positive points about the place is that the decor is very nice and the main room of the restaurant which is next to entrance is light, airy and has very high ceilings which gives one a sense of space. It is also located in a great part of Bogota. Usaquen is a change of pace as it has low buildings, you can walk around on the streets, there are many other shops, a plaza with a small park and restaurants and people going to a fro. It is one of my favorite parts of the city. I know friends that like Bistronomy and perhaps I have been there when the chefs are off their game, however, they should be able to serve better fare than I have experienced.

• Visited January 2014
“Really BAD!!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

First impression was horrible. And it did not get any better. Toilets dirty and filthy like in some dodgy club. Service long and unkind, food regular. Wine overpriced and alltogether the restaurant probably surfing on the wave of some kind of remainings of good days.... The stuff added the "voluntary tip" without asking, everything came late and it was a really disapointing experience. Never again.

Visited December 2013
Gurgaon
“Very Good Excellent Vegetarian Pasta”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Went to this restaurent with my business colleagues late as the meeting ended late.Being a vegetarian, I had apprehensions whether I will get anything . To my surprise, the Chef offered me a pasta dish ,which was really out of the word, it was really outstanding.
Also, the freshly baked bread as appetizer with butter was enough for the evening.

My friends too enjoyed the meal
Would definitely like to visit next time

• Visited November 2013
Panama City
“Thought it would be better”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Generally, we really like the Rausch brother's restaurants and we had high hopes for Bistronomy.

Overall the food seemed underseasoned and nothing special. The service was also quite slow.

The place has a pretty cool vibe, but overall there are better restaurants in Bogota. The food was very unmemorable.

• Visited September 2013