“Juicy, tender steak”

T Bone Restaurante
Ranked #88 of 2,360 Restaurants in Bogota
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Healthy
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Manchester
“Juicy, tender steak”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Tucked away in a side street, 5 minutes walk from the centre of Bogota, this restaurant gave us the most tender and juicy fillet steak we had in Colombia. It was cooked just as we wanted, and served with a nice wild mushroom sauce, and fresh vegetables. The restaurant is in an attractive covered courtyard and it is popular with locals at lunch time, which is always a good sign.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank assheton

London, United Kingdom
“Great meat and service”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We were staying in the area and happened across this little gem.

Anyone going to a steak house and expecting a menu that doesn't focus on meat is a fool. That said, there's a good range of meats (girlfriend had the beef medallions and I the ribs) and both were excellent and cooked to perfection (the steak was asked rare and came rare). Ambiance is good and their craft beers are delicious.

Great little spot!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank mcneil766
oxford
“Tired food and interior”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The menu is uninspiring and not surprisingly focuses on meat. Though the quality of the meat is above average for Colombia the execution of the dishes was poor, a small bowl of oily chips and a small side salad accompanied my over cooked sirloin. The presentation of the food was also poor as if the restaurant did not care or more likely lacked the expertise. I found the staff friendly but poorly trained, my waitress did not know how to pour wine and failed to ask if the wine was any good. The restaurant is housed in a lovely old building but the interior design is tired and lacks cohersion. Perhaps because this is Colombia you can make allowances but I could not help thinking there are far better restaurants in Bogota with good interior design, well trained staff and professionally prepared food.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank charmingmanoxford
Exeter
“Excellent food, service & wine”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Nice place tucked away behind a burger bar. Lovely decor and the staff could not have been friendlier. Food was good and the place has a romantic ambiance. Well worth the money.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Dave-n-Fran
Toronto, Canada
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I walked into the restaurant by accident, I was aiming for the cheaper one in the front, but I'm glad I ended up at T Bone. I was the only customer in the restaurant probably because it was a little more expensive than other restaurants in the neighbourhood, but that just lead to better service. I had far too much food, but I didn't have any problem forcing myself to eat it all. I ordered the sausage appetizers and the pork chops with grilled potatoes. I'd suggest getting the vegetable instead of the potatoes they were very good, but really just very large deep fried french fries.
The pork only came with a white wine sauce, and I asked the waiter if I could get it with one of the steak sauces, he had to check with the cook (I guess I was the first that wanted pork chops with a cream and mushroom sauce) of course the cook said he could make it with whichever sauce I wanted.
At the end of the meal I tried to tip the staff and they informed me that the tip was already included in the bill (a very nice bit of honesty I hadn't found a lot of in Candelaria). I suggested it to 3 others at the hotel I was in, and they all told me it was the best meal they'd had in Bogota. It's not a 5 star restaurant, but it's a very good meal for $20 - $30 USD per person.

• Visited August 2012