“Best Place to Stay in Bogota, Colombia” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 101 Park House

101 Park House
Ranked #38 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
San Ramon, California
“Best Place to Stay in Bogota, Colombia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

This is the second time I stay in this hotel. The service is excellent and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. I came to Bogota to celebrate my father's 80th birthday, since this is where he was born. My parents, sister, brother and I stayed in a suite for 5. The personnel is very thoughtful and accommodating. We told some of them that it was my father's birthay and while we were out visiting some museums, they decorated the room with balloons. The waiter at breakfast, Edgar, had a small pastry with a candle and they all sang Happy Birthday to him. I've never seen such thoughtfulness in a hotel. This hotel is awesome and the people here are the best. A large breakfast buffet is included and also access to one of the best health clubs in Bogota.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Suites101Parkhouse, Guest Relations Manager at 101 Park House, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for all the descriptions and comments you made about our rooms, service and quality at large. We hope to be your hotel of preference next time in Bogotá.
Best regards,
Ecommerce@101parkhouse.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sherwood Park,Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2009

If you are looking for a Hotel that has all the comforts of home and you want to be catered to like a family member who has not seen home in awhile this is the Hotel for you ! I cannot say enough about the great staff at 101 Park House. They will attend to your every need and even have a have a Hotel social event on Wednesdays to make sure they are not missing any details for your stay!! Rooms are super clean, large,comfortable, and everything is provided to make your stay enjoyable. Bogota and its people make it truly a great destination.
I hope to return again to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Suites101Parkhouse, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at 101 Park House, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
Thank you for your comments about the experience you had with us. It was a pleasure having you in our hotel, we're always to your service.
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

The service is really what sets this hotel apart. From check in to check out, our eight night stay was made wonderful by the excellent customer service we received at 101 Park House. We travelled to Bogotá for a friend's wedding and were a little concerned about our stay and navigating the town with an infant. Luckily none of those worried were realized. From the taxi waiting for us at the airport, to the porters who insisted on carrying absolutely everything my wife had with her to and from the room (and who remembered all of our names from the time arrived), to the front desk staff who were constantly eager to help us and provide advice, we felt totally attended to.

Other highlights:
- The hotel car service, while much pricier than street cabs, provided amazing convenience and security for us 24 hours a day - at a decent price. We used them for all kinds of sightseeing and wedding-related activities and could negotiate charges by the trip or by the hour. No reservations needed, just walk out the front door! (One tip- pay the drivers directly to avoid the 15% hotel fee)
- Room service food quality was excellent
- The Bodytech gym two blocks away is available for no charge to guests is top notch, and even has a 25m lap pool
- Two excellent supermarkets are within a 5 minute walk from the hotel
- Safe neighborhood
- Included breakfast was great
- Flat screen TVs with surround sound are a nice addition

Minor issues:
- Service in the restaurant downstairs is mediocre at best. Over the course of our stay, tables at breakfast were very slow to be bused after customers left - leaving us sitting for a few minutes in front of a dirty table most days. Requests for small items like additional coffee were often forgotten or very slow to arrive. Food was good though!
- Room amenities are very good, but maintenance is lacking a bit. Aside from the fancy television, rooms look a bit worn.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dleibo
Hello dleibo, Thank you for your comment and feedback, we´re glad to hear such a good experience you had with us, also we want to make sure to improve our service and quality in all general aspects for best experiences with us.
north america
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

I would not recommend it. Loud noise from bar on first floor. Maybe some dishonesty among staff

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank walNorthAmerica
Suites101Parkhouse, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at 101 Park House, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you, we deeply appreciate your comment, and on behalf of 101 Park House, please accept our apology for the bad experience you had at the hotel. We want to make sure this will not happen again in the future neither you nor other guests.
NYC, London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

After coming back to my home town New York I look back in a pleasent way my 14 business trip to Colombia. I was 10 days in Bogota and it was so delectable and charming to have this place to come after 7pm that I have the obligation to tell you traveler, dont miss this oportunity of having a very comfortable and excellent service in a very good price. Because the experience ar 101 park House Hotel was delightful! The only thing I did not enjoy of my trip, was somet hings of the city. So the Hotel was the best way to have my mind a break of such chaos, that i get use to sometimes.
Excelent in every aspect, no doubt about it. And if ou can afford it, dont doubt about the excellent service of this hotel! besides, i even had time to go the spa
got to go, I hope I was

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Suites101Parkhouse, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at 101 Park House, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you so much for posting such a good comment about us, we will strive our best for having the service and quality you found in your visit last time.
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2009

This is a wonderful hotel in everyway. Their website is very nice, represents what you will see when you arrive. The chat aspect is very helpful as you are connected with a staff member of the hotel, not outsourced to somewhere else. I used the chat 2 times before leaving the USA for Bogota and also arranged a hotel car and driver to pick me up at the airport. Mr. Juan Carlos Meyer is the reservation manager and I was pleasantly suprised to find out he was the one I actually chatted with online. They take a hands on, personal approach to your stay.
The ENTIRE STAFF will know your by name within the first day of your arrival. The Front desk is wonderful, accomodating, friendly and speak english very well. 2 or more staff members were always present to help with whatever I needed. The restaurant/bar staff is attentive, professional and very gracious. If you like to sit at the bar, relax and be entertained by a gifted and funny bartender, then you will enjoy the bar. Food quality is very good.
The bell staff are as equally professional and attentive. Security is well seen, present, professional and 24 hours per day.
The room I had was very nice, clean and quite elegant. I had a Grand suite which included 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a kitchen with full sized fridge (able to stock copious amounts of cerveza). There are 3 flat screen tv's (one in each room). The suite is quite large for one person but I loved it. The king bed was comfortable and the closet was very nice and functional for my dress attire. This set up would be very good for longer term business stays or even a family.
The location is in the North side of Bogota in a nice residential area and close to many spots of interest. Zona T is just a short taxi trip away.
The hotel also has drivers on the spot for you to get around town. Very professional people and quality cars. If you want to go somewhere for the day, they will drop you off and you simply call the hotel for a ride back to hotel safe and sound. You can also charge the trip to your room.
Overall, I give this hotel top ratings in staff, room quality, location and price. Very affordable and high value for what you pay for. During my stay I would see many professionals utilizing the hotel restaurant for breakfast and social times. It is apparent this is a highly respected hotel and has earned the good reputation. I will stay at the 101 park house again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much. On behalf of 101 Park House we greatly appreciate your comment and hear such a good experience you had in our hotel.

Best regards,