“Feel right at home!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bogota, Colombia
“Feel right at home!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

At the Lancaster in Bogota you feel right at home as soon as you walk in. The owners as well as the personnel will give you a warm welcome and take care of whatever needs you may have. You are not just another number at one of the larger chain hotels. This place has more of a family feeling. Even the chef will walk in and tell you about his specialties of the day. We did a special event in one of the halls and were satisfied in every sense. Easy to get to from any point in Bogota, it is an ideal location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear DannyVoll, We are pleased to hear from you and the wonderful experience you had at Lancaster House. We are certainly glad you chose us and hope to have you again as our guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed January 12, 2013

When I decided to travel to Bogotá I had no idea where to stay, I found this hotel via internet and I read from lots of guests that his was a nice option.
I don´t regret, Lancaster House was much more than I expected.
This hotel is located close to the Transmillenium transport, you can travel easily to different places with it, Lancaster is close to the zona rosa, unicentro, etc.
If you don´t want to travel in public transport the receptionost will help you with that.
The crew was amazing, they helped us with all the questions we had, they offered a welcome drink in our check in.
We got a suit in the 5th floor with windows towards the avenue, they are very isolated that i could sleep like a little bay. Here you can find al information about Bogota, even a little map of the city and some tips so you know how to travel within the city.
The beds are very comfortable, nice pillows, bathroom, a little kitchen with all you need if you want to make food by yourself.
They have breakfast buffet, very friendly staff. You get satisfied with: fruit, bread, arepas, sausages, eggs, juice, coffee or tea.
The rooms were very clean and you count with safety box, tv, dvd-player.
If you want to get relaxed they have also sauna and a little gym.
After our tours during the days we could spend some time in the little bar they have in the first floor and eat some snacks and have some drinks.
If I travel back to Bogotá I will definitely stay at this hotel with no hesitation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Aragonsson, We are glad to hear that our hotel and staff exceeded your expectations. We hope to have you again as our guest on your next visit to Bogota.
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Lancaster House is a fantastic hotel. The staff is nice and helpful, from arrival to departure. You can notice they take pride in their work. The rooms are very spaceious. They have a livingroom, a kitchen, a cosy bedroom and a toilet with all the necessary stuff like schampoo, soap, etc...

Breakfast is also very good and you can order eggs in any way you like, or pancakes.

We didnt try the restaurant, but the food in the bar was very good and well served.
The only thing that was not 100% was the location. From the center of the city it takes half an hour in taxi to get there. But it really doesnt matter since you dont want to leave this hotel :)

The wifi signal is unfortunately often a bit weak. But it is free of charge and works in at least one part of the room.

• Stayed January 2013
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Carl A, we are pleased to read that our hotel exceeded your expectations. We are certainly pleased you chose us, and hope to welcome you back very soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Lancaster House was absolutely fantastic. The staff went above and beyond to meet our needs. They were always friendly and accommodating. Liz at the service desk was helpful in finding the right contacts and arranging tours and drivers for us. Everyone in general were friendly and helpful.
I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Bogota.
The hotel is located in the northern part of Bogota, which is safer than the old town center. Conveniently located very close to the Transmileneo, makes it easier to hop on the bus and visit some of the attractions like museums etc. located in La Candelaria area. Grocery stores, banks and restaurants are within walking distance.
Overall, very happy with my stay there..

Room Tip: If you are out late at night and want to sleep in, please be sure to get a room away from the highwa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear JPXavier, Thank you for taking the time to write. We are very pleased hear that staff members like Liz made sure your needs were met so that you could enjoy your trip to Bogota. We are certainly pleased you chose us, and hope to welcome you back very soon.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 6, 2012

last week I spent with my wife and 2 children, 4 nights at the hotel, the room was Impeccable, very clean, we got a suite with 2 bedrooms,this is an excellent choice for families with children, you feel at home, each room very comfortable, 2 full bathrooms as well, and a complete kitchen, it is highly recommended hotel for the value, the staff was very very nice with us and our kids, great location, you have all needs less than 5 minutes, even a pharmacy half a block of the hotel, the hotel breakfast it is, very complete and delicious, a lot of options to dine even for children, and again great service. Definitely, we will stay there again on our next trip to Bogota. Congratulations to the hotel management!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Moi980, We are glad to hear that your stay with your family was comfortable and you felt at home. We are certainly pleased you chose us, and hope to welcome you back very soon.
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I spend my first ever night in Columbia at this very good hotel on 15 November 2012! I stayed for three nights! The reception was exceptionally good and spoke fairly good english!
I was very satisfied with the room, at least clean, the amenities and the immediate ambience! It made you feel at home! There is also a kitchen which I thought easily gives this hotel an added advantage over many hotels worldwide!

Breakfast which is my bench of any Hotel, was excellent and balanced. It definitely was the best of four columbian hotels that subsequently visited. It had everything, hot, cold, cereal, fruit,etc. Indeed fit for a king!

Fitness centre was very basic, but I could comfortably juggle my training regime! I hate to pick up weight on vacation, so fitness centre is my other benchmark.

I thought noise control was pathetic! One night I did overhear jerky sound of a couple having sex! There was no room opposite my headboard, as I was in the corner room so it must have been transmission from the floor above. I thought this must be addressed without taking away anything good away from this hotel!

I also had issue with location of the hotel! A bit away from centres of interest! For a traveller who does not mind to hop in and out of taxis this should not be a problem. I personally prefer a hotel that is a walking distances from centres of interest! There is also an excellent public transport in the form of transmileneo which I used on several occassions! I thought, the story of crime was exaggerated as it is in the country I come from, South Africa. This resulted in me losing two days holed in my hotel, I subsequently walked throughout Bogota with my cellphone and wallet even at night!

Everywhere I came across people walking with their wives and kids, women walking alone at night and this is a benchmark I use to judge safety! The situation must be similar to any major USA city as well as South Africa!

Will I stay at this hotel again, perhaps, with distance from centres of attraction the only limiting factor! Verdict: A great hotel!

Room Tip: Avoid main road if possible, but this only a relative comment.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear ZingaraPretoria, We appreciate your comments and are glad to hear that the hotel made you feel at home. We appreciate it if our guests let us know of any inconvenience they have while staying with us so that we may find a solution immediately. The comfort of our guests is very important to us. It will be our pleasure to have you again at Lancaster House on you next visit to Bogota.
Medellín, Colombia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked it with Hotels.com and got a very special deal, since the place I almost always stay at was completely booked. So I gave it a shot, since it's quite well located...

Now the following were some things I liked and disliked:::

PROs:
- A great suite! The room 206 I got, has 350 square feet terrace, which you can acces from the bedroom or through the living room
- The suite was literally a small apartment... studio size! Kitchen, dinning room and liveing room, with a big bedroom and bathroom.
- Breakfast was delicious and with good variety
- Location!

CONs:
- The lobby area and the building itself is a bit worn down
- Service not as fast as expected

I guess I'd come back, but not my favorite in town.

Room Tip: 206 for sure
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MonicaGold, Guest Relations Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear ColombiaJuanSe, We are glad you found our suites spacious and our breakfast buffet delicious. We will take into account your other comments.