WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #28 of 262 Hotels in Bogota
Rochester, Minnesota
“Very good and elegant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I agree with other reviewer who mentioned that the hotel is far from the city center, but it's also located in a very nice and safe neighborhood, which for Colombia is important.
We stayed as a couple and enjoyed the room and the cousy atmosphere, the restaurant was good and the service too. I liked the fact that there was the option of having a mass and being able to visit the chapel. Like any country in South America all fruits and home made juices were good too!
I would go back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mariche21
AnaRomeroRuiz, General Manager at Hotel Estelar La Fontana, responded to this review, November 29, 2013

Ana Romero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you want to know Bogotá then don't stay at La Fontana. The hotel is too far away from the citycenter and you are too dependent on taxis. Since traffic is terrible in Bogotá it easily takes you 45 minutes to go to the city by taxi. I stayed at La Fontana in connection with a meeting there and the facilities for conferences were well functioning. But I found La Fontana an anonymous hotel just like all other business hotels in the world. During my stay I got the impression that there is too much staff hanging around - too many guards - to much surveillance - too many to serve coffee or carry your plate from the buffet to the table. Breakfast is served only until 10 (but the buffet is pretty good). Lunch and dinner buffet are somehow the same every day - and not very interesting.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest
Thank you for review our hotel at Tripadvisor.
Costumers like you who express their experiences and expectations help us to get opportunities for improve our products and services.

We really sorry the perception of our product, we hope you come back again and use our services.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed here before. The hotel is beautiful inside and the service is wonderful. I arrived and the manager couldnt find my reservation at first since I had cancelled it twice. After about 10 minutes, he was able to locate it and due to the inconvenience he upgraded me to a Suite. This suite was the size of an apartment; to me that speaks volumes about a hotel. It speaks empowerment of employees and when you have this great things happen.
Extremely safe, wonderful setting, great food, great service and literally across the street from one of the most popular malls in Bogota.

1 Thank Luis P

College Station, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here four nights in early September 2013. It is a bit of a drive, both from the airport and from the center of Bogota so leave yourself some time to get to/from especially at peak traffic times. Once here, it is very enclosed (compound like) with good security as well maintained grounds. The restaurant (breakfast especially) serves lots of great fruit and juice options and supper menu (a la carte) is very good too. The rooms are clean, well maintained, with in room safes, large walk-in showers and clean bedding and wood floors. The courtyard hosts a chapel that is open to public and mass is also held here. It is a very nice touch I thought. I speak almost no Spanish but there is at least several staff at any time who can help you and they all seemed very friendly

1 Thank CLLtraveller
Dear Guest

We are pleased you enjoy your stay in The Hotel, I hope to come back soon.

Galway, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

It is a lovely and charming hotel, with a FIRST-RATE restaurant, but they should really train their front office staff better...
There is a problem with the front desk staff... they are not quite up to the 5-star level of this hotel!!!! When we checked in (2 persons) they said that the reservation was made for only one - I said that I would be willing to pay the difference if there was one, they quoted me a HUGE sum, when I complained they went to the manager and then decided to skip this.
Breakfast was supposed to be included, and it was - BUT on the second day they decided to charge us for it. When I complained they said it wasn't, until I said that at check-in we were told one thing, it was honored the first day, and then it changed??? Again they apologized and fixed it...
Lastly, we were supposed to have free Internet in the room. This didn't work, and when I complained they "remembered" that they were fixing some things in the hotel and maybe the Internet had been disconnected, so they gave me a cable and we connected that way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sakan I
Dear guest
Thank you for review our hotel at Tripadvisor.

I apologize for the inconvenient we may cause at the front desk; you can expect the commitment of the directors to improve strategies to avoid this kind of situations.

We would love to have the opportunity to have you as a guest again.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I visited Bogota this past may for a trade show. I stayed at La Fontana, my experience was obsoletely great! customer service, security, rooms and restaurants are wonderful! however, the restaurant is a little over priced but the food is good. You can also walk across the street to grab a less expansive bite. For the American in you... TGI's is right across the street from the Hotel. It is also in a great area of the Colombian Capital.

Room Tip: I had such a great experience that the only thing I would suggest is to request a room facing the st...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is beautiful and the staff very friendly. A couple of things to note:
1) no room service
2) the restaurant is only open at certain times for breakfast and dinner only. No lunch.
3) The food served in the restaurant is basic soup and sandwiches.
There are restaurants within walking distance and delivery options. I did enjoy my stay but this hotel was chosen for me so I would have chosen a place I could get coffee anytime.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rebecca

I´m very surprised, I Think you didn’t stay in the hotel ESTELAR La Fontana.

We have room service 24 hours, two restaurants available to have breakfast, lunch, dinner

Our Restaurants are open 6 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. with an International and a local menu, one bar where you can also find other options.

For your coffee you can have at the room with our coffee makers or if you prefer you can call room service.

I really hope your next stay in Bogota, staying with us.