Hotel Estelar La Fontana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Suites 109(Bogota)
View Hotel
All reviewslos arcosjuan carlosunicentro mallstaff was extremely accommodatingbeautiful hotelclassic hotelthe general managerbig mallbusy cityfront desk managersafe hotelbusiness purposesbreakfast buffethotel staffbusiness centernice roomrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I saw some negative reviews on this hotel and I just want to say that I don't agree. I stayed in this Hotel several times, four to be exact and my boyfriend and I loved it, the food in the restaurant was wonderful, breakfast buffet is really nice and the service outstanding. I will stay there again while visiting Bogota.

Room Tip: The room on the right wing for some reason are better
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Happymartie
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I stayed here for a week on business and the room was great and had more than enough room. The staff is very helpful, every time I had something in my hands the bell hops offered to carry it to my room. Front desk spoke good English and explained the breakfast that was included with the room. If I travel back to Bogota I would definatley consider the Estelar La Fontana.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel many, many times in the last ten years. It has kept a good standard, where the staff shows their best. It is a safe place to stay. Rooms are worn by age, although there has been a major renovation in 2011. Good restaurant, where you can have your special dinners, or if you just would like to have a bite, across the street you will find the Unicentro mall, with plenty of small places and fast food for a bite. There are also local restaurants nearby, and I particularly recommend Wok! which serves all sorts of first class Asian food, including nasi goreng! ( It is also one of the few places in this area of Bogota where they do hire Afro Colombians). But back to La Fontana: safe, good rooms, good restaurant, not central, it takes about an hour or so in a taxi to the center of the city (beware of an infernal traffic in Bogota these days, so you need to plan well). On Sundays, there is a tradition to have an open market at the patio of the hotel, with small stalls with nice handicrafts and a horrible band playing some sort of karaoke. If they just cut that music away, the market would be wonderful. Taxis are available from the hotel, and they are safe. You need to also book your trip in advance, since they have a tendency to disappear midday.

Room Tip: Avoid a room with direct view to the patio. Those with a view to the gardens are the best.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Alfredoarica
Hoteles_Estelar, E-Commerce at Hotel Estelar La Fontana, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Good Afternoon Mr. Arica

We appreciate your time in sharing your experiences at the Estelar La Fontana Hotel. Your constructive feedback will help us to continually improve. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future once again.

Reviewed December 13, 2011

The hotel is impeccable, very secure and with its greenery feels removed from the bustle of the city. Rooms are ample, bed comfortable and the service is friendly and professional. Only comment is the height of the shower, too low if you are over 6' tall. Taxi service at the hotel will help you navigate you through some pretty bad city traffic.
Breakfast is varied and early enough at 6am to get your day started.
The hotel is in the north of Bogota near a large shopping center and across from several restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing a beautiful inner garden courtyard.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank barbafred
Reviewed November 14, 2011

They offer me a "Romantic plan" including:
1 dinner, 375cc wine bottle, roses on bed and BF or Brunch on next day.
They charged me a dinner...
You can get better service, better food and newest restaurants, lobby and common areas in other hotels. For example; Sonesta Hotel across the 127 Street.

• Stayed: November 2011
Hoteles_Estelar, E-Commerce at Hotel Estelar La Fontana, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2011

Dear Guest,

Hoteles Estelar would like to convey to you our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during you stay at our Hotel Estelar La Fontana. In order to improve our customer service levels and to deliver to you a satisfactory answer, we would like to ask you for your name and if possible the hotel room number and the date on your last visit.

Could you send us this information to recepcion.hlafontana@hotelesestelar.com or conserjeria.hlafontana@hotelesestelar.com