“Great location, excellent service”
Review of GHL Hotel Hamilton

GHL Hotel Hamilton
Ranked #24 of 266 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed December 8, 2009

Set in the heart of the shopping district (Zona Rosa), this small hotel offers excellent service and is great value. Although some of the rooms could use a little update, they are quite spacious and have a sitting area. The staff is extremely helpful, including booking me a hair appointment at a salon down the street. Breakfast was quite yummy, although with so many great restaurants a short walk away, I recommend trying some of the local spots. Would recommend this hotel and would return back.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jahesh

Reviewed December 4, 2009

I saw some great reviews so I decided to stay at the Hamilton.
The location is wonderful if you plan to stay on the zona rosa. The hotel is 2 blocks away from the T and half a block from some of the best shops and bars.
The service is excellent and they will more than willing to help you with everything they can.
For the price I paid ($170) i was allowed to stay until 5.00pm on the late checkout.
The only minor fault would be that the bath requires a little updating, but it was clean and comfortable, and I guess not as noisy as some other options nearby.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank SuroAB
Reviewed November 27, 2009

I have stayed there now for at least two years.Near de shooping, restaurants and bar. i´m going again for two seeks at the end of January. The breakfast is good.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Frohlich
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I stayed at the Hamilton for just over a week in July 2008 when my father was being treated in a hospital after being taken ill on a business trip. The hotel was organised and paid for by the insurance. The hotel service was always faultless, they were incredibly polite and helpful and I enjoyed my stay.

The only thing which marred this was a soft toy being gathered up with the laundry on my penultimate day and not being found before I left. I had an email the following week to say it had been located and asking how I wanted it sending back. It was going to cost a lot of money, so I wrote off the safe return of my soft toy and just chalked it down to yet another thing lost at a hotel.

Today however, over a year later, I receive an email. A member of staff from the hotel has come to visit a family member in London and brought the soft toy with them, they emailed me to ask how best to return it to me.

If this is not the most incredible service ever I don't know what is! I have lost a variety of things in hotels over the years, from forgotten clothes and so on, but a hotel has never gone to any great lengths to locate them, and certainly not to such great lengths to return something. This to me demonstrates perfectly the service that you receive not only at the Hamilton Court but also in Columbia as a whole.

Highly recommended and my astonishment at the service probably shows!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank BryonyS
Reviewed August 22, 2008

When we arrived, tired from a two week trek around colombia, the staff informed us that the room which we had reserved was unavailable becasue the guest who was occupying the room was unable to check out. I didn't know that that was even possible! They were nice enough to find us a room at another hotel (not near the Zona Rosa where we wanted to stay). But overall, I don't think this is acceptable policy for a hotel of this rating.

• Stayed: August 2008
6  Thank Panduo
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Excellent value for money if you get the weekend deal (approx $140). All rooms are huge suites, with king size beds, large seating area and ours even had a full sized bath, a rarity in South America. Service was also excellent: while on the internet in the business centre, we were offered coffee on the house and when we were allowed to keep our room until 5pm on our day of departure, without a fight or an extra charge. One caution: make sure you have ear plugs as the bars and clubs in the area are pretty loud on weekend nights.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank AHK22
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Very nice location en the Zona Rosa of Bogotá . Close to good restaurantes like Via Maria - italian,peruvian , Harry Sazzon - oriental,thai - Tigo, mediterranean . In the Zona G don´t miss Criterion a great french restaurant , ask for the desgutaciòn which includes very nice food and 5 half cups os french wines , incredible
Back to the hotel , clean , large rooms , very nice staff , allways ready to hep you , in a safe and quiet area

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank rcardoso