I traveled to Bogota from Medellin for business at the embassy. I was greeted at the Dann Carlton by a front desk clerk who asked for my passport. He proceeded to take photocopies of it without asking me. When I asked for my person information back, he informed me that if I did not leave a copy of my passport front page along with time stamped entry/exit pages, then my room would be subject to a 18% tax. I took my personal information back and ripped it up infront of him. He got disgusted with me and made it one of the most painful check-in's I have ever had. (Checkout details at the bottom)
The room was well kept, but extremely dated. The building, as well as the interior of the hallways are all fresh and nice, but when you are inside a room, it is like you are in a different hotel. The hotel is by a busy street, and there is not much you can do to keep the noise out. If you are light sleeper, you are in the trouble.
The free breakfast was a disaster. Service was very far behind, and the manager was clearly embarrassed about a long line out the door waiting for food. He kept demanding people to sit down and not wait in line, which resulted in not only us, but several people not getting food, from a buffet, for nearly 20 minutes.
Upon checkout the next morning, I asked to speak with the manager of the hotel regarding my information being taken and photocopied. The clerk from the night before left a lengthy note on the room file saying I was at fault and demanded he not take my documents which kept him from doing his job. The manager told me he saw nothing wrong with what his front desk clerk and it was completely acceptable from his standards.
I have never seen staff this rude and unprofessional. This place is a black eye to the Dann Carlton name, it is a shame.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is 16 kilometers away from the El Dorado International Airport, and 15 minutes from shopping centers like Unicentro and Hacienda Santa Barbara. Also you will have easy access to the financial and entertainment district. The hotel is closed to TELEPORT, 93rd St Park and the finest restaurants and bars, one of the best in the north of the city. The hotel is the perfect combination between a classic, modern and elegant style. It has 7th floors with 139 refurbished rooms and 11 meeting rooms with capacity up to 1250 people, the best option with distinction, tradition, confidence and quality for accommodation and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Dann Carlton Bogota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dann Carlton Bogota Hotel Bogota
- Dann Carlton Hotel Bogota
- Bogota Dann Carlton Hotel