I stayed at the Dann Carlton Bogota for almost two weeks on a recent business trip and overall I was very pleased. The room was good sized-I had a queen size bed, a small desk, a sofa and a small table with two chairs. It was clean and comfortable, and I did not have any problems with noise. A nice perk was that there was a flat screen tv in the room with good cable as well.
Breakfast was included with the room and it was good. Every morning there was an assortment of breads, hot foods, fresh fruit, cereal, cheese, meat, yogurt and fresh fruit juices. They also served coffee, hot chocolate and tea as well. I ate at the restaurant a couple of times, and was pleased with their sandwiches, though not their pasta.
All of the staff at the Dann Carlton was very friendly and helpful. The only problem I had was with their internet support team who told me twice they would come to my room to fix a problem, but never showed
up either time. The hotel also has its own car service, and the drivers are safe, friendly, and willing to take you sightseeing as well.
I would definitely stay in the hotel again, either for business or for leisure travel. It is well located in a nice, safe area of Bogota on Av. 15, with many restaurants and shops within walking distance. Plaza 93, which is a very nice square with a variety of good restaurants on it, is about a 10-15 minute walk away. The prices at this hotel were considerably lower than some of the others in the area
making it a bargain compared to some of the other options.
The only negative points I found were that the wireless internet in my room was not working several days I was there and I had to go to the business center to use it instead. Also, they charge for internet,
about $4 per hour or $14 per day. Another issue is that they don’t have an iron for you to use, they only offer laundry/ironing service.
Overall, the Dann Carlton Bogota is a lovely hotel and I would recommend it to anyone going to Bogota.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is 16 kilometers away from the El Dorado International Airport, and 15 minutes from shopping centers like Unicentro and Hacienda Santa Barbara. Also you will have easy access to the financial and entertainment district. The hotel is closed to TELEPORT, 93rd St Park and the finest restaurants and bars, one of the best in the north of the city. The hotel is the perfect combination between a classic, modern and elegant style. It has 7th floors with 139 refurbished rooms and 11 meeting rooms with capacity up to 1250 people, the best option with distinction, tradition, confidence and quality for accommodation and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Dann Carlton Bogota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dann Carlton Bogota Hotel Bogota
- Dann Carlton Hotel Bogota
- Bogota Dann Carlton Hotel