“A moderately-priced jewel!”

Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel
Ranked #23 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed January 27, 2013

When we first booked the hotel, we chose it because of it's location and reasonable price. But what we found was a whole lot more!
A very spacious room with a big tub, free wi-fi and 3 different types of pillows to accommodate different tastes: from a very soft pillow to an ergonomic tempur-pedic type pillow. Very comfortable beds.
But what truly made it stand out was the service: the waitstaff at the breakfast buffet was very attentive to our needs. Friendly and courteous, they offered advice about the fruits or dishes unfamiliar to us. The bell boys were very friendly and helpful.
We came to Colombia to celebrate my birthday and without us telling them (probably by just looking at the info on my passport) they sent a small bottle of wine, a snack and a nice letter with congratulations.
But the icing on the cake was that we got a FREE night. We were going away from Bogota for one night so we had two non-consecutive bookings of the hotel. When the manager of the hotel noticed this, he offered a free night so that we didn't have to pack everything and leave only our bags. So we kept the same room, left our clothes in the hangers and packed a small bag for the one night we were going away. Such a great treat not to have to pack and unpack.
Also, we booked their AGL taxi services for private excursions and it was MUCH LESS EXPENSIVE than comparable private tours and with excellent service. New and clean cars, drivers dressed in suit and tie, and conservative driving.
I would highly recommend this hotel.
The one drawback was that our room was facing east and even though it has great light-blocking drapes the light still made it into the room from the sides.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bogota Plaza Summit Hotel

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Bad service and couldn't take a shower because the water heater was off!! Restaurant was really bad and expensive. Not recommended. Gym was not ok either. Room fan was not working either. Not a comfortable stay and the personnel was not helpful when needed. I do not recommend to stay here specially if you are on business travel as it will make the trip harder

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The hotel exceeded my expectations, I was given a room on the 7th floor facing the back parking area and a view of the mountain. The hotel rate was approximately $130 per night which included a sumptuous breakfast. To me it was more like a daily Brunch. The hotel was close by to a local supermarket and easy access to various areas for walking or shopping. I was provided this hotel since it was closest to the company I work at. The Colombian's are amazingly wonderful and twice, a random act of kindness leads me to believe, that no matter where you are, danger follows those that seek it. I stayed around the hotel area and visited the Centro Andino and another Mall near by. Unfortunately, work did not allow me to spend any time doing more touristy stuff. On the other hand, the FOOD is AMAZING. No matter where you go.

Room Tip: If you are interested in the gym facilities, the room was very nice; unfortunately it was closed due...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My vacations were supposed to be 4 days in Bogota and then drive to Cartagena. Unfortunaly we had to cancel our trip to Cartagena and get a Hotel for the rest of our stay in Bogota. We found Bogata Plaza to meet our budget. The service was not as good as the other Hoterl we were staying prior to coming to Bogota Plaza Summit. The room was clean and warm. You are able to hear all that goes on in the hallways and on the rooms next you door. I god sick from the breakfast provided at the restaurant. They were very helpful and even sent for a doctor for me. In that area I can't complaint, but who wants to be sick while on vacation. The one thing that made me very angry was that it said free parking when i made the reservation and when I registered they made me pay for parking. I found no luxury at all in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Good hotel. Clean and confortable. Wonderful bed, great linens! Breakfast was fantastic. I would definitely stay there again if I return to Bogota. It is not far from the zona rosa, full of nice bars and restaurants. There is a good supermarket in a walking distance, where you can buy water and snacks for a cheaper price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 8, 2012

we stayed here for 3 nights after arriving from Cartegena to continue our pleasure vacation. There is a good mix of business and vacation travellers staying at this hotel. the breakfast is included with a generous supply of food (both local and North American fare) One of the best hotel rooms Ive stayed in .... the only minus is the fact that there is no pool. Instead, there is a eucaliptus steam room, sauna, and violent jacuzzi. loved it,
great location.

Room Tip: we asked for a room with carpet on a high floor (what we{re used to).
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Good location and reasonable price.
All staffs are kind the internet is speedy also if you smoke, you can go the balcony is located end of corridor outside of building. I'm going to this hotel when I come to bogota.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business