“Very nice hotel near shopping and restaurants” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Bogota

Four Seasons Hotel Bogota
Ranked #63 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Distrito Federal
“Very nice hotel near shopping and restaurants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed for 4 nights at the Charleston hotel. It is a small hotel but rooms are spacious, modern and comfortable. The Goods: it's in a small street full of nice restaurants (so if you have plenty of options), service is very attentive, rooms are spacious and modern, you have great dinning options because it's just steps away from a major mall (Andino) and shopping area. So you really have everything at a walking distance. I loved the shower (there was no bath tub in my room) because it was rain-like with nice water pressure. Service is very attentive and I can't complain about the food given that I only had breakfast at the hotel twice and it was room service, so i ordered the basics: coffee, waffles, fruit and juice.

The Bads: There is no complimentary water, you have to pay 12000 colombian pesos por each bottle of water that you drink (or buy your water outside the hotel) which I found really strange. Also, I went to have dinner on thursday night and came back around midnight (super famous Andres Carne de Res restaurant, the one located in Bogotá, is a few blocks away from the hotel) and found out that the hotel was closed. And when i say closed, i really mean it. No lights, doors closed, no one outside, nothing. I had to knock the door, scream outside, and spent a few minutes until a sleepy bell boy came to open. I repeat, it was not 4am, it was just midnight. Found it a little expensive for a standard nice hotel (it is nice, but is not a luxury boutique hotel either)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tza2809

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Thank you, Charleston Bogota for making my first time in Bogota an absolutely amazing experience. All of your staff must have been hand picked and primed - they ALL uphold a very high level of customer service. I felt very well taken care of by your team. The hotel in general is very superb. Upscale, chic, modern and sophisticated. The beds were like sleeping in heaven, which is rare to find outside of the comfort of my own home. Being well rested is a key element in having an enjoyable trip and I slept deeply and comfortably every night. The breakfasts were my favorite in all of Colombia and I traveled to Cartagena (stayed at the Cartagena Charleston Santa Teresa), Cucuta, Abrago, Rio de Oro and Ocana - the Charleston Bogota's breakfasts were the most delicious.

The location is prime. Surrounded by awesome restaurants and the Bogota shopping mecca.

You get what you pay for and if you want to have a phenomenal time in Bogota without having to worry about anything, you have to stay at the Charleston Bogota Hotel. I will definitely be back to Colombia and my only choice in Bogota is here.

Muchos gracias!!

Room Tip: I simply asked for the best room in the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TawnyRecacho
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

The Charleston offers spacious rooms decorated with sophisticated modern decor. The restaurant staff is very attentive. The front desk staff is professional and seeks to resolve issues and make a guest's stay pleasant and satisfactory. There are numerous restaurants near by, and a major mall and retail area as well.

Room Tip: People tend to sleep in Bogotá with the windows open for the fresh air. Therefore, if you are sensit...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GeorgeFreqTraveler
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed here for two nights for a work conference. It is a quaint pretty hotel in the middle of the city. The room was spacious, with smart little gadgets like an ipad and a clock/ipod dock and such, and the bathroom had a nice shower with pebbles that resembles a spa.

I was a bit disappointed that there was no complimentary drinking water. There was only a $6 bottle which I thought was crazy. Front desk told me the water from the faucet was fit for drinking, but it might "upset a tourist's stomach". Well is it fit for drinking or not? I drank the faucet water and nothing happened but I would think that a bottle of complimentary drinking water is not too much to ask.

Breakfast was included in my package, but you had to sit down and order and it took a little while. You had your choice of eggs, fruit, yogurt, etc. It was good quality food but slow service, which might not be so great for the business traveler.

The room we had our session in was fine and the service was quite good. There is a cozy little bar tucked away which was nice for our group get together before dinner.

I was on the second floor, and I wish I would have been up higher, since there was a lot of noise. It felt like people were having their party right outside my door.

Nice hotel but not so sure I would necessarily stay there again since it is much more expensive than say, the Radisson yet doesn't really offer the difference in value in my opinion.

Room Tip: Higher up since lower floors can be noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Great service nice atmosphere, very we'll located on Av. 7th, I will recommend it for business and pleasure. Personnel very friendly and rooms very spacious with a chimney in each room which made the stay very pleasant. I was received with a basket of fruits very well assorted

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
north america
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I've been working in Bogota for 30 years, and have stayed at the Charleston more than a dozen times over the last 15 years or so.

This has been my favourite hotel, though I've also tried the JW Marriott, the Sofitel, and many others.

I was really disappointed with my stay at the Charleston, right from the start. In the past I stayed in a Junior Suite or Grand Suite, but since they raised their prices, I chose to stay in their Standard Room, for $270 a night.

Upon arrival, I was disappointed in the tiny room. There was only one, uncomfortable plastic chair in the room. I called front desk, and asked for a comfortable, cushioned char. After two hours, and no reply from front desk, I called and was told that the manger said that such chairs were only available in higher category rooms, and if I wanted a comfortable chair I'd have to pay for a more expensive room.

Apparently $270 a night is not enough for anything other than a single plastic chair. I fought the front desk, and the doorman could see my frustration, and finally got a comfortable chair.

The manager and front desk need to do much better. Because this place does not have the amenities of a big hotel - a real gym, and so on - it needs to provide value in the rooms and service, But I did not see that during this visit.

The Standard room is tiny, The bathroom does't have enough room for even a minimal amount of things. Towels stored over toilet in a separate room far from the shower, My shower leaked, and had a gross algae/mold in the perimeter.

Turn down service did not come two of the four nights.

I ordered the same thing for dinner from room service, and it was more expensive every night for the same thing.

Continued gauging at the Breakfast, which includes an American Breakfast. Other reviews have noted this for year, but to no avail. If you want anything more than a small portion of eggs, cold toast and coffee, you have to pay more. This has to change.

There are other hotels will better value and quality: the JW Marriott, the Hilton, the Sofitel, You might also try the BOG or the EK.

I feel badly writing this, since I used to like the hotel so much and have recommended it to friends. But the value is poor now. The management needs to be replaced or learn quick.

Hard to imagine I would return,

Jim Rochlin

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank walNorthAmerica
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I had high expectations and were very disappointed with this hotel. Rooms are very pretty, staff is nice and there is an ipad in the room, which is grear but there were a few things that really bothered me:
- very noisy... No carpet between rooms so you hear everytime a woman is walking on hills
- my window curtain litterary fell at 4am! Woke up with the noise and could not sleep afterwars
- beeakfast was included but one could only est bread and eggs. I wanted something healthier so I ordered fruits and cereal instead and the charged me $7 for the cereal. That is ridiculous, if breakfast is included, let me have whatever I want! They should have clarified that when I made the reservations. In addition breakfast is a la carte and everything takes too long...If you are in a hurry like I was it is definetly not a good option
- I ordered room service every night and they said it would take between 10-20mins and never took less than 40 mins. In addition, I had to ask them what they had because there was no menu in the room
- at checkout they included an amount for laundry and mini bar in my bill that I never used...if I havent checked it in detail I would end up paying for that!!
I travel to Bogota several times a year and I am definetly not staying in this hotel again

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and dont get breakfast included
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business