$161
$252
$239
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $283/night.

$71
$111
$88
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$212
$170
Priceline
$524
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewswood burning fireplacebeautiful hotelold mansionspanish foodrestoration hardwarespanish colonialthe lack of air conditioningone bedroom suitemodern convenienceszona gwindows closedroom servicefront desk staffrestaurants within walking distanceappointed roomsperfect stayquiet room
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I was recommended this hotel by locals as the "best" hotel in Santiago and certainly one of the most expensive ones. My expectations were high and since I travel often to Bogota I decided to check it out. I work in the travel industry so I am used to being in Hotels worldwide.

The title of my review says it all, yes it is a great old colonial building and the location in the District "G" (the restaurant meca of Bogota) is superb if you like your food. However, you would expect much more from a 5 star hotel with these prices (high even by internatioonal standards). Here are some items for you to consider:
- Rooms: are good, well lit, quite and spacious. I had one overlooking the interior patio, so quiet (expect for the painting work they decided to carry out throught the weekend!)
-If your rate does not include Breakfast, you will shell out 35 USD. We are in Colombia where a taxi ride is 2 dollars (just for comparisson purposes).
-WIFI: They charge 55,000 Bolivars per 24 hours, around 25 USD per day!! I beleive it should be included with the high room rates and being 5 stars, but not. Again to make the comparisson: a monthly bill in Colombia for WIFI at home will cost you 50,000 Bolivars, for a whole month!
- Water in the room: EVIAN 1 liter: 19,000 Bolivars or 8 USD per bottle
-Service: Everyone smiles here and that is appreciated but they take forever to answer anything. Room service closes at 11:00 PM. The only hotel bar is not open on Sundays. Again we are talking 5 stars here.
- Check your bill: on top of your rate they will add severeal lines with other charges that will really confusse you like DAILY service charges, plus hotel insurance plus tax, hence making your rate much higher than advertised.
-GYM: it is a cubby hole about 200 sq ft. Literally 4 machines, that is all. No more than 2 people could be at teh same time and only one treadmill, so forget it.

Besides all this, during my week there they decided to paint some parts of the hotel. They never told me at reservation time or even at check-in time. One day I tried to have lunch at their restaurant , but although it was open it smelled strognly of paint. They were repainting their bar or some other parts at Lunch time!! And they thought it was OK to eat while smelling paint.! Again this is a 5 star expensive hotel.

So all in all, if you are in Bogota for pleasure, maybe this will be a romantic place to stay because of the colonial style and location, but if you are in business you should forget it. It really is not worth your while.

A world traveller

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank julio b
Reviewed February 17, 2009

This hotel is centrally located and offers everything you require of a 5* boutique hotel: the reception area is small and charming (coffee and cookies on offer), the staff friendly, the interiour design very stylish and comfortable.

The room I had (Junior Suite) was of good size with a beautiful bathroom and great furniture. Internet (WiFi) is free and fast.

Next time I'll stay at the Casa Medina again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank HONkiev
Reviewed April 17, 2008

After spending several days in Cartagena, we decided to go to the rich city of Bogota and stay at Casa Medina. We had read the reviews on this hotel and were very excited to experiment it first hand.

I have to say that the expectations about the hotel were not only met but far exceeded. This is the place to be in Bogota. The location is just perfect. You are close to all the museums and parks. you are also close to very nice shopping and restaurant areas.

One thing I would point out is that making the reservation was a bit hard because they did not respond to me via email very quickly. However, when they responded everything was clear an we were able to get the room we wanted.

If in bogota, try the restaurant Andres Carne de Res. It was recommended by the hotel staff and it was a perfect place.

• Stayed: April 2008
4  Thank amircnni24
Reviewed April 3, 2008

For years I have been staying at the Radisson Royal Bogota, and found little reason to look elsewhere. However, the Radisson was unusually expensive this time, so I tried the Casa Medina. What a nice change! Beautiful appointments (except for the cheesy lobby furniture), spacious rooms, and a very well maintained property. My room in the back had suite qualities, was very quiet, and I also got a great tour of the facility on my trek back to #313. Plus, the hotel is located in an area of very fine and trendy restaurants. Front desk staff were somewhat reserved, but not unfriendly. Highly recommended overall.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Douglas M
Reviewed February 4, 2008

We went to Bogota for a family wedding in January and I was amazed at the extreemly high standard of this hotel. The rooms, service etc were some of the highest standards I have come accross. Well worth staying at.

The area is very safe and youcan walk around in safty at night (unlike many other areas) There are loads of really excellent bars and places to eat. This area is where all the expensive homes are.

If you have to stay in Bogota dont waste your time by going elsewhere (although the Embasy Hotel looked very good and had a bar) I prefered the class of this place.

See if you can get a room away from the front of the hotel as they wake up early in Bogota and the road outside can get busy.

Always get the hotel to book a taxi for you!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Highday