“marvellous”

Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota
Ranked #3 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed January 24, 2014

A great boutique hotel in the business district of Bogata. This hotel oozes class and quality - from its attractive exterior, lovely wooden floors, graceful well appointed rooms and attentive friendly staff. The hotel is surrounded by restaurants of all sorts, including some of the finest in Bogota - which means really good. The room rates were surprisingly reasonable and while perhaps a little more than the major chain hotels nearby, well worth the extra.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
charlestonHotelGroup, Director Comercial at Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Charleston Casa Medina and for writing your review. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the service provided by our staff to be excellent. We hope to see you in our hotel again in the near future!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel was recommended to me by a colleague that is originally from Bogota. I stayed in a junior suite, so I cannot comment on what a standard room is like. I would say that my room rivaled some of the luxury hotels that I have stayed at in New York City. The room was very clean and very nicely appointed. The junior suite was almost the size of a small apartment with a very large bathroom that included a beautiful walk-in shower. Service at the hotel was great. I plan on staying here again when I return to Bogota.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of Hotel Casa Medina. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found your room appropriate. We hope to see you again soon in Bogota and to have you as a guest again in the near future.

all the best,

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are excellent and very nicely decorated. The location is wonderful with some great restaurants around the corner (I would highly recommend Astrid Y Gaston). Another area with shopping malls and more restaurant is at walking distance around 15 min. But walk is very pleasant through nice neighbourhood. The staff in the hotel is extremely helpful and kind.
All in all a great place and I certainly would recommend it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Charleston Casa Medina. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the service provided by our staff to be helpful and kind. We thank you for your kind comments and recommendation and hope to have you as a guest again the near future.

Best Regards,

Ana Maria Tello.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My fiance and I wanted to celebrate our marriage at this hotel. I had a meeting with the lady in charge of events and we agreed on the date we wanted the place for the wedding and we discussed some of the details such as the food, music, decoration etc.. After this meeting the next step was to receive the quote and pay. We waited for several days and never got the quote. After calling several times, the lady finally was at her office and told us that there was another marriage on that date that she had forgotten about. Therefore, we had to change our room and for that reason we would have to pay more money.

Obviously we didn't have our marriage here, but our whole experience with Casa Medina was a disappointing one, we felt that we wasted a lot of time at this place. The communication with the hotel was problematic and unprofessional.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy V
Reviewed December 12, 2013

First off, I must say upon first blush, the Casa Medina, looks beautiful from the outside. With its colonial wing, and the newer back end. Also looks great on the inside. After a few days you start noticing things.

I had a simple room, and friends in the hotel as well. The hotel has no heat or air, but I found that not to be an issue, for me. The temperature both outside and in was perfect for me.

The breakfast area and staff adjacent to the front desk, was a warm and inviting cove, with amazing service, and great breakfasts. After the first day, I was addressed by my name on each subsequent visit, which shows that someone was on the ball.

When closed and breakfast was served off the patio middle of the hotel, it was a pain, lots of staff, very little understanding, and what seemed seamless in the other dining room now became a chore. orders were not right, but not wanting to embarrass the staff, I just accepted what was served, even wrong,and moved on.

The housekeeping staff also started out with a bang, room was cleaned and immaculate, then one morning at 6:00 AM someone went to work in the housekeeping room directly adjacent to my room. Water running buckets banging, I awoke a little angry. Then outlets stopped working in my room. Lights began to flicker when on, and were not repaired even after advising the housekeeper.

The location is great with the Zona G just out side and up the block, everything from Juan Valdez cafe, to Corral Gourmet to Butcher, steaks sushi, Peruvian food, Colombian food, everything you could want, with a block or two, safe and convenient. I even picked up food as take away, and room service brought me plates and utensils, Definitely a plus.

No 24 hour room service, but you know that going in.

The staff is amazing, bi-lingual, helpful and friendly.. I so wanted to give this the highest rating, but it just wasn't deserving..... They had a wedding on the first floor and offered to move our rooms, but that's such a pain we just stayed put. Turned out that it wasn't that bad.

The gym is way too small and inadequate for any type of normal workout.

Make a few changes and I'll be back. If not well then time to move on....

Room Tip: There is noise in the area, front side or back, higher floors (5) it's livable
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AARDVARKKILLER
charlestonHotelGroup, Director Comercial at Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review of Hotel Casa Medina. Just as we are happy to hear you found the hotel to be beautiful, the location to be great and our staff to be helpful and friendly, we are very sorry to hear about your issues with noise and with the electricity. We can assure you, the electricity problem was very rare event and when it comes to the noise made by housekeeping, we will make note of your comments to address the issue and make sure it doesn't happen again. We thank you once again for your review and hope to have you as a guest again in the near future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We found this through jetsetter and enjoyed our stay. They helped us get a round trip transfer to the airport which was reasonably priced. We had difficulty locating the nearby restaurants so ended up eating in the restaurant within the hotel which was a wood burning stove pizza type place. Mini bar prices were excessive-- avoid that. Gym was small but adequate. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013
charlestonHotelGroup, Director Comercial at Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Charleston Casa Medina and for writing your review. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and found the service provided of our staff to be excellent.We hope to see you in our hotel again in the near future!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Casa Medina (aka Charleston Casa Medina) is a lovely hotel. It is warm and charming while still being quite modern. The rooms are very well appointed, modern and offer free wi-fi. However, you should be aware that there is no A/C and leaving the windows open is not an option for a light sleeper. The hotel did provide a fan which helped with both cooling and providing some white noise since, in the absence of A/C, you can hear cars and other movement about the hotel. The staff was very accomodating and the service was impeccable.

That said, beware of the bill. Upon check-out after staying 5 nights, I was informed that the water they so considerately put by my bed and in the bathroom (and replenished frequently) cost $5 USD per bottle. Having traveled throughout Latin America where water is routinely provided due to local water issues, I did not expect to be charged (much less $5 USD per bottle!) for water. There was no indication that the water was for purchase despite the fact that the bathroom robe had such a sign. There was a minibar in the closet where they could have placed the water if it was for purchase rather than complimentary as I assumed. I pointed this out upon check-out but the front desk clerk refused to remove the charge. I find this practice highly misleading and a petty, deceptive way to make an extra buck.

Too bad such a nice hotel left such a bad taste in my mouth upon departure. Next time, I'll try the Sofitel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SdlT
charlestonHotelGroup, Director General at Four Seasons Hotel Casa Medina Bogota, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Although we are glad to hear about your perception of our hotel as lovely and charming, we want to take this opportunity to apologize once again for the incident with the water bottles in your room. The charges were removed from your bill after it was pointed out to management and we will most definitely take your feedback into account to avoid any future confusion. We hope to have the pleasure of having you as a guest again when you visit Bogotá.