$138
Hilton.com
$129
EmbassySuites.com
$71
Hotel Vilar America(Bogota)(Great Value!)
$49
$43
$225
$124
Priceline
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

$102
$87
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswood burning fireplacebeautiful hotelold mansionspanish foodrestoration hardwarespanish colonialthe lack of air conditioningone bedroom suitemodern convenienceszona gwindows closedroom servicefront desk staffrestaurants within walking distanceappointed roomsperfect stayquiet room
Reviewed April 1, 2013

At first you may find the arrival & the location of Casa Medina not so appealing as it is right off a very busy street & one block from a gas station but don't let yourself be scared off - It's a great little gem of a hotel. Very nice sense of place and very attentive & friendly staff. The decor is refined & feels authentic - Service is very personal & kind. Loved my (short) stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the inner patio, they are quieter. Loove their bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I just finished my second stay at the Casa Medina, and it was even better than my first. The hotel room is large, and both it and the bed are very comfortable. Most importantly, the service and staff are excellent. I attended a conference at a another hotel - a large american brand - and the differences was apparent. The large brand hotel was loud, crowded, and you could tell customers had to compete with each other for services like transportation (required for Bogota).

The Casa Medina is much smaller, very quiet, and discrete. It is further from the airport, but situated in a Sector 6 neighborhood with many excellent restaurants close by. I needed last minute transportation numerous times, and the staff quickly accommodated me. I used their spa, dry cleaning, laundry and shoe shine services, and all were outstanding. And as a business traveler, they had a roomy desk, and more than enough outlets in the room to charge all 5 of my electronic devices. And I had continuous and strong wireless service - I even downloaded a couple of TV shows off iTunes with ease.

My only gripe? The Nespresso machine in the lobby was broken this vist, and they replaced it with a large traditional espresso maker that was not nearly as good. But the front desk staff assured me it was coming back in time for my next visit in April :)

But as we all know, it is the service and staff that make or break a hotel. Mistakes happen, issues come up, and it is how the staff deals with those problems that distinguish good hotels from great ones. And the staff at Casa Medina is the best I've seen, and I have been a business traveler for over 25 years. Casa Medina's General Manager should be justifiably proud of his staff, especially those at the front desk.

I cannot recommend this hotel strongly enough.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CSB9982
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a great location close to some excellent restaurants. Nice rooms with very good wireless connections. The restaurants in the hotel are good too, you definitely want to have breakfast in the center courtyard. The service is excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was a bit skeptical about the hotel as the car we had arranged thru the hotel did not pick us up at the airport. It seems they lost this detail in the reservation despite my copy clearly showing this request. However, the kind staff and tranquil space made us quickly forget any issues we had. The highlight of this beautiful property is the brick and plant framed courtyard. It was a wonderful and serene space for breakfast as well as evening cocktails. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated and the marble bathroom and walk in closet made it all the better. If you prefer small, quaint, and tasteful over large chain hotels, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Casa Medina Hotel exudes character and definitely worthy of a repeat stay! The property's interior design is tastefully warm and masculine throughout -- including the two center orchid draped courtyards. From the moment we walked in the front door, we were greeted and helped throughout our stay by extremely pleasant staff. We were walked to and shown our room by the front desk staff (not bell hop) and even allowed to leave a day early (no charge) due to extremely bad altitude sickness. The room was a top floor which with a vaulted ceiling and wood tie accents, plus an incredible bathroom! The property is spotless and, contrary to the other reviews, I found this property reasonably priced at $170+USA. That considering we just got in from Cartagena and our room there was substantially a lot more and nothing as close as comfortable or spacious. Plus there was free WIFI throughout with a strong signal! Only slight negative is that the place is quiet empty with guests as noted with prior reviews, but we were there during the holidays when I was told most people leave Bogota for the New Years holiday.

As for location, it's in the heart of Zona G with all the cafes/restaurants right outside the side door. With our brief travels throughout Bogota, there would be no other location I would be as comfortable when talking comfortable accommodations and access to great eating.

I don't look at hotel star ratings when I travel since I am about the experience and don't need to be fussed over. I want character and an opportunity to weave myself into the local culture. I've traveled extensively around the world with my partner and was pleasantly impressed with the Casa Medina Hotel. TripAdvisor has never failed me yet.

Room Tip: Top floor vaulted ceilings made the room especially spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple