$146
$194
$124
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

$102
$86
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

Hotel Vilar America(Bogota)(Great Value!)
$49
$43
Priceline
All reviewswood burning fireplacebeautiful hotelold mansionspanish foodrestoration hardwarespanish colonialthe lack of air conditioningone bedroom suitemodern convenienceszona gwindows closedroom servicefront desk staffrestaurants within walking distanceappointed roomsperfect stayquiet room
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I just finished my second stay at the Casa Medina, and it was even better than my first. The hotel room is large, and both it and the bed are very comfortable. Most importantly, the service and staff are excellent. I attended a conference at a another hotel - a large american brand - and the differences was apparent. The large brand hotel was loud, crowded, and you could tell customers had to compete with each other for services like transportation (required for Bogota).

The Casa Medina is much smaller, very quiet, and discrete. It is further from the airport, but situated in a Sector 6 neighborhood with many excellent restaurants close by. I needed last minute transportation numerous times, and the staff quickly accommodated me. I used their spa, dry cleaning, laundry and shoe shine services, and all were outstanding. And as a business traveler, they had a roomy desk, and more than enough outlets in the room to charge all 5 of my electronic devices. And I had continuous and strong wireless service - I even downloaded a couple of TV shows off iTunes with ease.

My only gripe? The Nespresso machine in the lobby was broken this vist, and they replaced it with a large traditional espresso maker that was not nearly as good. But the front desk staff assured me it was coming back in time for my next visit in April :)

But as we all know, it is the service and staff that make or break a hotel. Mistakes happen, issues come up, and it is how the staff deals with those problems that distinguish good hotels from great ones. And the staff at Casa Medina is the best I've seen, and I have been a business traveler for over 25 years. Casa Medina's General Manager should be justifiably proud of his staff, especially those at the front desk.

I cannot recommend this hotel strongly enough.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CSB9982
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a great location close to some excellent restaurants. Nice rooms with very good wireless connections. The restaurants in the hotel are good too, you definitely want to have breakfast in the center courtyard. The service is excellent.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was a bit skeptical about the hotel as the car we had arranged thru the hotel did not pick us up at the airport. It seems they lost this detail in the reservation despite my copy clearly showing this request. However, the kind staff and tranquil space made us quickly forget any issues we had. The highlight of this beautiful property is the brick and plant framed courtyard. It was a wonderful and serene space for breakfast as well as evening cocktails. Our room was spacious and nicely decorated and the marble bathroom and walk in closet made it all the better. If you prefer small, quaint, and tasteful over large chain hotels, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Casa Medina Hotel exudes character and definitely worthy of a repeat stay! The property's interior design is tastefully warm and masculine throughout -- including the two center orchid draped courtyards. From the moment we walked in the front door, we were greeted and helped throughout our stay by extremely pleasant staff. We were walked to and shown our room by the front desk staff (not bell hop) and even allowed to leave a day early (no charge) due to extremely bad altitude sickness. The room was a top floor which with a vaulted ceiling and wood tie accents, plus an incredible bathroom! The property is spotless and, contrary to the other reviews, I found this property reasonably priced at $170+USA. That considering we just got in from Cartagena and our room there was substantially a lot more and nothing as close as comfortable or spacious. Plus there was free WIFI throughout with a strong signal! Only slight negative is that the place is quiet empty with guests as noted with prior reviews, but we were there during the holidays when I was told most people leave Bogota for the New Years holiday.

As for location, it's in the heart of Zona G with all the cafes/restaurants right outside the side door. With our brief travels throughout Bogota, there would be no other location I would be as comfortable when talking comfortable accommodations and access to great eating.

I don't look at hotel star ratings when I travel since I am about the experience and don't need to be fussed over. I want character and an opportunity to weave myself into the local culture. I've traveled extensively around the world with my partner and was pleasantly impressed with the Casa Medina Hotel. TripAdvisor has never failed me yet.

Room Tip: Top floor vaulted ceilings made the room especially spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hans M
Reviewed January 14, 2013

In Colombia there seems to be a confusion between a 5 Stars hotel, 4 stars and even 3 1/2 stars hotels. I have been traveling for the las 40 years of my life( I'm 50) and it always seem to me that in a 5 stars hotel you get what you paid; Concierge, swimming pools, gym, top notch staff. This hotel does not have it so what exactly qualifies this hotel to advertise to be a 5 Stars hotel? The price?, I guess so, as the price I paid for a Junior suite at the Casa Medina is what I have paid at the Four Seasons in Hong Kong or a Mandarin in Tokyo. Consequently, I do have a problem with this hotel that advertises as a Luxury hotel. This a kitsch hotel, built in 1940 making it look early 1800's. This place is a mess, the nice rooms, like the one I rented is facing the busy main street, not until the city goes to sleep you cannot go to sleep. You go up and down with suite-cases nothing is on one level. Wood floors are loose and noisy, stair case don't lined up so feel like you are drunk. I cannot tell if the furniture are real antiques since some of it you can tell are not. If you think you going to get a good service because their advertising is well designed you will not! Sorry but I would had rather stay in a place that got all the services and pay less. This place at least is clean and has good showers. Also, Good breakfast service, and it's an a good location. I rented the suite on the third floor and it's better than the one they made me changed to on my last night. They asked me to change room because they had a newly wed couple coming and they made the mistake of renting it even though I had paid for it. So I changed and went to the 4th floor suite, which is the same one another trip advisor, "Gustypants" stayed. Read his comments and compare notes. Don't go by my pictures as I am a amateur photographer and love make things look more beautiful than they really are.

Room Tip: Stay on the back rooms but cannot guarantee they are any better
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple