$78
$239
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

$185
$71
$102
$86
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

Hotel Vilar America(Bogota)(Great Value!)
$46
$43
All reviewswood burning fireplacebeautiful hotelold mansionspanish foodrestoration hardwarespanish colonialthe lack of air conditioningone bedroom suitemodern convenienceszona gwindows closedroom servicefront desk staffrestaurants within walking distanceappointed roomsperfect stayquiet room
Reviewed October 12, 2012

If you have to go to Bogotá, Casa Medina is the right place to stay. This boutique Hotel is a crown jewel, which I call the Alcazar de Bogotá. It is much more than an beautiful palace. It is lovely, quiet, elegant, sophisticated, tranquil and safe! Casa Medina is an oasis of peace in solace for the stress of the city. Without a doubt, this is the finest and most exquisite hotels in Bogotá, by far a world class Hotel. The staff is friendly, attentive, mindful, polite and pleasing. The ambiance is romantic, charming. The architecture is gorgeous and the food is exceptional. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and pleasant. In other words, Casa Medina could be me home in Bogotá!

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the fifth floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank M O
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Many years ago I had the great pleasure of staying at the Casa Medina and went away certain that this was the ideal boutique hotel before there was a vogue for 'boutique' hotels. I remember that you did not check-in at a desk but were taken to a flowered patio, given an orange juice and welcomed as if to a fine home. I counted over 100 roses in a giant vase at the end of a hallway. Faxes arrived rolled with a little gold seal. It was perfect.

At a visit in July, the great personal charm had been replaced by an i-pad in the room that was supposed to access hotel services (that didn't work) and modern efficiency has replaced historic kindness and service.

Breakfast was not included in the already high cost and the charges were horrendous.

It is still a beautiful house full of flowers and nice paintings but the very things that made it special are, sadly, gone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peterosenwald
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My flight arrived earlier at Bogota, then I went to the hotel when it was about noon, the room that I had reserved wasn´t ready at that time, but they allowed me to take a shower at a different room due to the fact that I had a meeting later that day. I left my bags ready to be transferred to the room assigned to me from the beginning. At night when I went back to the hotel I was greatly surprised with a room upgrade. I loved the musical duet who was singing that night at the restaurant. I surely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Stacey L
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel was our first stop on our first trip to South America and what a disapointment.
The hotel itself is nice but my main gripe was that I didn't get what I agreed with their reservations department 3 months in advance.
I confirmed a Grand Suite with a city view, marble bath & breakfast + fruit included.
First we were given a room which wasn't a Grand Suite. I argued the case and at first was told there were no Grand Suites available. Then suddenly one became available. Nice room but not the one I had booked, no marble bath nor city view.
The next morning I had to argue with staff that breakfast was included and incredibly had to do the same the following day. Despite showing the documentary evidence (my confirmation), I received no apology just a begrudging acceptance that they were wrong. Indeed to make me even more frustrated I was charged for a small bowl of fruit at breakfast. Again I pointed out that this was included in the price but despite asking to see the manager I was still charged!
By this time I had given in. Everything was a battle. Considering the amount we were being charged for 2 nights I didn't expect such service.
Another small niggle - I was confirmed a price in writing on the original confirmation for an airport transfer. Guess what - yes I was charged a higher price, only a few dollars more but aggravating nonetheless.
So in summary, a nice enough hotel, although I agree with a previous writer that the atmosphere was dead, but the service was poor and my confirmation meant little.
By the way, I wasn't going to submit this article but I asked on 3 seperate occasions to discuss my feelings with the manager but he/she was never available and even instructed the receptionist to charge my fruit anyway.
Comparing this hotel to the J W Marriott, which we stayed at on the way back, is not a correct comparison as the JW is in a much higher league

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thousandtrays
Reviewed May 21, 2012

An old mansion house in Bogota on Carrera 7 (main business drag) with lots of very good restaurants in the streets behind the hotel. Casa Medina and its sister hotel the Charleston are both boutique hotels rather than chains and the Casa Medina is a popular location for business breakfasts. I would rate the CM alongside the JW Marriott as the best hotels in Bogota but with one warning - the more you go the lower down the ranking of rooms you fall! Enjoy your first visit when you will jopefully be given one of the spectacular old rooms with a working fireplace or make sure you say it is your first vist when you check in!

Room Tip: As for the rooms in the old part of the building
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business