“Decent businesshotel”

Ranked #20 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Lund, Sweden
“Decent businesshotel”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Located just a few minutes from airport you get free shuttle. Quick checkin and nice staff. Breakfastarea is small but breakfast has all you need. I stayed in room 625 where a strange smell is noted when ac is off. Clean room. Bathroom needs upgrade. Free internet only valid two hours

• Stayed November 2013
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Good day Mr. Peter A :

Thank you for sharing your important review regarding your last stay in Sheraton Bogota. We have taken note of each of your observations however I would like to confirm all the bathrooms have been recently renovated.

We hope you continue choosing us on your next visits to the city.

Heinz Linsker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have stayed a this hotel three times. It is located near a number of businesses and the airport, so if you have meetings in this part of town it is perfect and very convenient. If you want to be able to walk around and see the sites this is not the best location and you should stay closer to Parque 93 or Zona T.
Internet works well here. My room card always becomes demagnetized here - can't figure that out. Once the non-smoking floor was pretty smoky but they corrected it. They have amazing ajiaco on the room service menu and the staff is very helpful. I stay here because it's convenient and is the best SPG option in Bogota, but I am looking forward to the new W Hotel opening in Usaquen at some point in 2014.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LauraCohenEscobar
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Good day Mrs. LauraCohenEscobar :

Greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thank you for sharing the experience you have had in our Hotel. I am glad to hear you like our service and food options. According to the comment about the smell of smoke I would like to confirm that all our Hotel is non-smoking, this policy is informed at the time of check-in.

Thank you for your loyalty to Sheraton Bogota and SPG.

Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My Trip (I included my trip details to this hotel review. Let me know if it comes in handy).

Immigration was no issues. Customs form is for per person. Regardless what the flight attendant tells you. Spent a few extra minutes filling out another form (no bueno Delta flight attendant!).

There is an ATM as soon as you come out past Customs (right infront of the money changer $1920 for $1usd). Turn right and there are 4 of them to choose from. I had to try 2 different ones before it would process my atm card. (No service charge on my withdrawal).

Taxi stands outside the ATM area had long lines. Of course, Typical taxi hawkers asking if you want a cab, just like at JFK. Didn't see any signs for taxi rates. So buyer beware. We saw a hotel rep standing right outside the arrival hall holding a SHERATON sign, so we opted for the free hotel shuttle ride. Waited about 15minutes for the Sheraton minivan to arrive. Nice and clean van. Ride was about 10 minutes long.

Checkin was no major issues. One girl at the counter, so had to wait a few minutes (about 15minutes). She had to handle the other guest in the shuttle van with us. (The checkin process involves photo copying passports, which slowed things down). No welcome drink during checkin. It was kind of late when we arrived.

The rooms were not bad. A bit dim due to lighting. The bed was a full size (thought I reserved a king. Didn't bother to say anything cause we were tired from commute). Room had a Shower only (had a drainage issue), no bathtub. Nice iHome alarm clock that can charge iPhone 4's and lower. 32' TV, but channels mainly in Spanish. Room had a minibar fridge and snacks for purchase. Also as an SPG member - One free bottle of water. Robes and slippers were provided. But no coffee/tea maker. Yes you will hear planes landing or taking off. But, coming from from NYC, it didn't bother us. (Think of Flushing/Elmhurst plane noises).

Wifi was a bit of a pain with the 2hr limit. It was very slow in the room. So we decided to just use the free computer in the lobby area.

Didn't see the concierge desk so relied on the front desk for help getting around. The ladies were helpful and guided us to the main tourist area (La Candelaria). We were also told to avoid yellow taxis. That they can be dangerous and lead to robberies. Instead we were offered the white taxi service from the hotel. She also gave us the hotel number to call for a white color taxi to come pick us up when we are done. (suppose to be safer).

The breakfast was excellent. Omlettes made to order, fresh fruits, juices, and some local treats as well. The wait staff was tenative and made sure our coffees were always filled. (Juices are free, but Water you have to pay).

Checkout was a nonissue as well. Took about 5 minutes to review and settle our account. We left our bags with the bellman for our late flight back to NYC. They were helpful and made sure we had no valuables in our bags (Security held our iPad). We spent the rest of the day walking around downtown and when we returned, we were offered the use of the spa to shower and change before our flight back home (TWO THUMBS UP!!). We had to wait a few minutes for the shuttle bus, but it was okay cause we spent the time using the 2hour free wifi card (good for up to 3 devices).

Location:
The Hotel is in a nice residential area with a shopping mall about 3blocks away (3blocks left and then 3 blocks right). There is a McDonald's,Buffalo Wildwings and a small Exito supermarket (Large one by Mall) around the corner (CITIBANK branch right next to the EXITO). The hotel is also located in between 2 Transmilenio BUS stops "El Tiempo" and "Av Rojas", on the Zona K line. We took the bus to Museo do Oro without any problems (mine you, I speak no spanish). The Cost of the bus fare is $1400 per person ($2800 for the 2 of us) and $3000 for the bus card (one time charge, I think good for up to 2 people). We took J6 going downtown and got of at Universidadas (something like that). We walked down a long tunnel and transferred to the D95, where we got off 1stop later. You can actually get off at Univseridadas and check out the sites while you make your way down to the museum. Le monseratte is also walkable from here as well (about 7mins) as well as all the other major sites in this area.

Tips: Take the public bus during rush hour to avoid traffic jam. Just don't act like a tourist and bring unnecessary attention to yourself. Also, try the Arepas shop opposite the shopping mall 3blocks away. We got the Combo one that came with mushrooms, churzo, and beef for $8600. Delicious!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cra8zy
Good day "Cra8zy"

Receive warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I have read your important comments regarding your last visit in the city and in our Hotel. Each of your comments give an excellent idea of a trip to Bogota ( you give important information regarding transportation, sightseeing and entertainment) Thank you for including the experience you had in Sheraton Bogota as part of your review.

I am glad to know you had a good stay in our property and I hope you continue choosing us for your coming stays.

Gerente General
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Nice neighb. Close to financial center. Easy to know the city by taxi (safety taxis around). Kind attendees. Nice bedroom and smels good. Close to airport and a shopping center. A little far from restaurants and bar areas.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Good day Mr. Dalucoeng :

Receive kind regards from Sheraton Bogota. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest, and I would like to thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor.
We are delighted to hear your opinion about our Hotel, location and the service you received from our staff.

Thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Quick check in. Two hour free wifi code. Wifi worked well in the room. Good sized bedroom, ipod player, good sized work desk but no coffee making facilities. Shuttle to and from the airport worked well.
Breakfast restaurant on 2nd floor was average.

Nothing special but this is a Sheraton so reliable and consistent offering.

• Stayed October 2013
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Good day SenorFirenze:

Greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thank you for your important review about our services. On your next stay do not forget to visit our 24 hour coffee station in our main lobby.

We look forward to your next stay.

Regards,

London
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Bogota for 8 days on a work trip this October. Overall I had a great stay which was down mainly to the wonderful staff.

The property is close to the airport which is handy if you arrive late at night. Just pick up an official taxi from the rank outside the terminal when you arrive. There is a free hotel shuttle but I hadn’t arranged this in advance and didn’t feel like waiting when I arrived. You are quite far out of town at the hotel but it’s in an upmarket, safe, clean, modern neighbourhood and there’s quite a lot nearby in terms of malls etc. The hotel is on a strip of other hotels so there are restaurant options nearby which will tie you over unless you head downtown. The city is huge but taxis are cheap and safe. There are always taxis waiting at the hotel but they’re private cars and much more expensive than hailing one off the street – but they are convenient.

Check-in was good. Staff speak good English here. First impressions of the hotel were that it was modern from the outside but a little dated on the inside. Then again, I find the design of the Sheraton brand around the world to be a little old – very 80s wherever you are. Security is tight here – there are guards everywhere, which seems to be the norm everywhere in the city. You need your room key to operate the lifts which is always a good sign.

I was upgraded to a Club floor (9) so had access to the lounge on the 10th floor. Apart from having coffee there every day I didn’t see much evidence that they did any more than this (others I use have things like happy hour etc – not here). I ate breakfast up here most mornings. The staff are very attentive and they have pretty much all the same options as in the main restaurant. However, the hot options on offer are incredibly strange. I don’t know if it’s a Colombian thing but they served what I would expect to see as main evening meal options each day. There was an egg chef which was good but beyond that they didn’t have hot breakfast options every day. They had things like fillet mignon, quiche, buffalo wings etc – peculiar – but not the end of the world. They did have cereals, fruit etc so.

Room service was great – and fast. I had some Colombian options when I was there – always good (if heavy) and cheaper than Western ones.

The rooms were comfortable. I spent the first night in 903 which was immediately under the serving area of the lounge above so I was woken up early in the morning by footsteps above. They moved me quickly though when I complained and I ended up in a much quieter room. The bed was good. Housekeeping was thorough (although the turn down service was inconsistent in terms of what they actually did each night). TV channels were good – one thing to pay attention to is that although most English movies/shows are dubbed into Spanish, some of the channels have the SAP option which allows you to switch to English. I discovered this after watching Titanic in Spanish!

The gym was interesting. It is used by non hotel guests who seem to use the pool mainly. There is a room full of cardio machines – but at 8,500 feet you need more than a few days to acclimatise and get used to the lack of oxygen! I’m usually more interested in the weights on offer and the machines/free weights were a little strange. The area they have for these is in a room which opens on to the pool area which is weird. They could invest in a wider range of machines and free weights as I wasn’t really able to do the workouts I wanted.

The event I attended here was very well run and the hotel’s catering & banqueting team was fantastic.

There is often free coffee/juice in the lobby area which is a nice touch – but I really didn’t care much for the powdered milk option. There is also coffee available 24 hours a day in the business centre.

For a work trip this was a good option. I’d stay here again for sure. If I was visiting the city for pleasure I’d probably stay somewhere closer to downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Good day Mr. Moaksey

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. I have received your important feedback regarding the stay you had in our Hotel. It is good to know about the experience you had with us, the good things you found and the things you think we should improve.
Your review is really important for us and for all the future guests interested in staying in Sheraton Bogota Hotel.
Thank you for the time spent and we look forward to your next stay.

Lisbon
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is a Sheraton, so expectations were high. And in the beginning it all went well. There was a free shuttle bus waiting for me at the airport and the minute I walked in the staff was very friendly and gave me a free fresh juice.
however check-in waiting time was close to 20min! and check-out was at least 12 min. too long!
The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. I liked it a lot.
The breakfast so and so... for a Sheraton it was weak.
The staff was very, very friendly except for the doormen. didn't like their approach, the majority at least.
Location isn't good also. close to the airport, but very far from the center or any interesting neighborhoods.
Somethings are very nice, but others are simply below par. Namely the noise. The glass windows aren't double, simple glass means you can hear the airplanes or the street. I wish it could be better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Good day Mr. ValterNF:

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. We have received and read the important review you have shared and we thank you for let us know about the experience you had in our property.
I am going to share all your comments with the areas involved so we can make sure to correct any issue presented. We are also going to make a follow up on the comment regarding the service received by the doormen.
I am also really surprised with the time spent at check in and out because this is not part of our standards.
Finally I would like to clarify that all our windows have double glass.

I hope you give us the opportunity to have you again soon in our Hotel.