“Stay here!”

Sheraton Bogota Hotel
Ranked #21 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
“Stay here!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights this week at the Sheraton Bogota and loved it! Wonderfully clean and modern rooms with excellent amenities.

I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast buffet immensely. It had so many great choices and the offerings were delicious. I also at La Chimnea restaurant for dinner and had the most delightful soup.

If you're visiting Bogata, I highly recommend staying here. You simply can't go wrong...

• Stayed August 2013
HEINZ L, General Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Good day Mr "Snarlz"

Thank you for sharing this important feedback and recommend our Hotel. This review is the perfect way we have to evaluate our products and service.

Hope to have you again in our Hotel.

HEINZ LINSKER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Found nothing wrong with this place other than the location: a bit removed from downtown but c'est la vie. Extremely helpful and nice staff, from entry through housekeeping; everyone was eager to please. The hotel restaurants, in particular, Cook's, were quite good. Would prefer that WiFi was not limited to two hour blocks. Overall a nice experience for the three days spent there doing long days for business.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Good day Mr. Louis C:

Receive warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thanks for your important comments regarding our Hotel. I am going to share this review with all my staff.

We will consider your suggestion about the internet included.

Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The Sheraton Bogota provides you with what you need in a business hotel: great location minutes from the airport and in a relatively new, safe area of Bogota with lots of restaurants nearby; clean, comfortable room; competent and hospitable staff; reliable internet service; good breakfast. There was no "wow" factor with this hotel, but certainly good value for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, General Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Good day djJazzyKerry:

Greetings from Sheraton Bogota. We have received your feedback through Tripadvisor and we thank you for let us know about your stay in our Hotel.

We hope to have you again soon in Sheraton Bogota.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times over the past 5 years.

Rooms are clean and have everything you need for a business trip. Less expensive than newer hotels in the area and service is exceptional.

Good lunch and dining options within walking distance.

Close to airport. They have a shuttle to-from airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, General Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Good day Mr . Edgar E:

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. We have received your feedback regarding the last stay you had in our property and we would like to thank you for the good evaluation you made and the great comments about our property and the service you received.

We hope you continue selecting us for the coming stays in the city.

Brasilia, DF
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at this property in July/13 for 03 days with my family (02 adults and 02 kids). Here are my overall impressions:

This is an average Sheraton hotel. Isn’t new and not a large one (remembering that property is SPG category 4 (SPG goes from 1 to 7) so the own brand categorize this hotel as average).

The room have an average size (I stayed at the 10th floor room 1031) and is equipped with a modern flat screen, digital A/C controller, iPod dock, mini-refrigerator (I posted some pictures). The bath is a regular/average size too (I posted some pics too). Just have shower without tub.

The lobby is small but have some shops/stores to last minute needs.

The food quality is above average. I liked a lot the buffet served at night at the restaurant located at the 2n floor (U$ 60/person!) and the room service too.

They have a very good spa area with a large and climate pool. Beside that they have a large Jacuzzi and Turkish sauna. My wife used the massage service and didn’t like so much. For me this is the highlight from the hotel. For me was very good since I was travelling with kids.

The service provided by the staff is very good. All of them treat my family very well and always with a smile in the face.

I have to point two lowlights: general maintenance: the windows isn’t clean (from my room and from others areas) and I saw several areas of improvement like a hole in the roof right at the front of my room (see the pic). Beside the cleanness I have to mention that the noise level isn’t good too. You can clearly listen the traffic from the avenues below the hotel and of course the noise of the airplanes. They really need noise reduction windows (and I stayed at the 10th floor…)

Regarding the location: is very close from the airport (7 min taxi ride) and located in a new business and very safe area of Bogota (10 – 15 min taxi away from main tourist attractions like Plaza Bolivar or Monserrate). To do a private city tour with a taxi (4 hours duration) they charge U$ 70.

Bottom line: it’s an average hotel for a good value (for me for free since I used SPG points). If I have to go back to Bogota I’ll consider stay here again (mainly due to the quality of service and location).

If you have any specific question, email me.

Regards,
Theo.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Theo_Pappas
Good day Mr. Theo Pappas:
On behalf of Sheraton Bogota Receive warm greetings. We thank you for let us know about your stay in our property, however we have read each of your important comments and we would like to clarify the following:
1.- We are committed with the environment and this is why most of our rooms do not have tub. However if you prefer we can assign you a room with tub for your next stay.
2.- The average price for dinner in our Restaurant La Chimenea is 27 USD per person (non alcoholic beverages included).
3.- Unfortunately we did not receive your comments about the massage that you wife booked and did not like and this is why we could not make a follow up about this issue. All our services have high quality even though we would like to get more details about this situation. Please contact us to calidad@sheratonbogota.com
4.- Regarding the hole you found on the roof we would like to offer our apologies if this situation was uncomfortable for you. Sometimes we need to make some maintenance adjustments.
We offer our most sincere apologies for not been able to met your expectations.
We hope you give us another chance to show you our true level of service.

Campinas, SP
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This Sheraton is a Sheraton. With all the good service, all the good staff and all with the good bedroom. The standard room has a very nice queen bed, a good LED tv with hundreds of channels, a mini-bar and a small bathroom. I expected a bathtub, but, that's ok too. The only things that it could be much better is the internet service: it is included only 2 hours per day. The breakfast is that amazing buffet one can expect.
As it is less then 5 minutes from Eldorado Internation Airport, worth to stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, General Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Good day Mr. Btminzon:

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota Hotel. Your feedback is really important for us and we thank you for the time spent writing about your experience.

I have taken note of each of your comments and I am going to share them with my team.

Hope to have you again soon in our Hotel.

Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed May 22, 2013

A former Four Points that was changed to a Sheraton. On Google Maps it still shows up locally as Four Points. The hotel needs an update to the rooms and common areas, but mostly to the common areas. The restaurants are ok, but you will likely go eat elsewhere after the first time. All of the staff is nice and helpful. The lounge is mediocre. The hotel also is not really near a lot so your taxi rides will be 20-30 mins to the zona rosa or zona T.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HEINZ L, General Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Good day Man_from_Maplewood :

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thanks for sharing the experience you had in our Hotel. I would like to confirm our common areas and rooms have been recently renovated. We have two restaurants in our Hotel with gastronomic options and also room service 24 hours. Hope next time you can taste them.

Hope to have you again soon in our property.