“Average Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Toronto, Canada
“Average Hotel”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days for business. It was very average. The room service was not good.....very bland. Not worth it. The internet is awful. This hotel cannot handle people using the internet at the same time. It only worked in the middle of the night when most people were sleeping. I asked the front desk staff about where to exchange money and they sent me to 2 places which were both closed even though they told me they were open. walked around for 30min only to find they were both closed. I asked information about Mt Monserratte but they were not able to give me the information. Everything was "I'm not sure, I dont know". I would never stay at this hotel again. I was not happy with the service. The only good thing about it was the rooms. They were a decent size and clean and very comfy beds. Thats about it. The marriott hotel around the corner looked better. The hotel even exchanges money there but only for hotel guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HEINZ L, General Manager at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Good day "Aloha1977":

Receive warm greetings on behalf of Sheraton Bogota. Thanks for your important comments, they help us to evaluate our product and service.

Regarding your observations I want to confirm we offer High Speed Internet Access, in case our guests are having difficulties we also offer support and provide them with access points.
In the case of the exchange service unfortunately we do not offer this service in house but there are two places really close to the Hotel. We have the information of the schedule of them , but they are not part of the Hotel, so it is not possible to know if they close in different hours than the ones established.

We do have a concierge team that know all about touristic attractions of our city. This staff is located in our Business Center and they daily coordinate this type of services for all our visitors.

We hope we can have your visit again soon and show you the true level of service Sheraton Bogota has.

HEINZ LISNKER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
london
Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was a great choice for a one night stop-over in Bogota. Not far from the airport but pretty quiet and very comfortable (great bed too), modern and spacious rooms. Service was so-so (inept reception girls take about 15 minutes to process a check-in) and food in the restaurant was barely edible (the worst I ever had in Colombia). The free cookies and refreshments in the lobby were nice (and much tastier than the food. :)) Can't fault the room itself though.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear "alpha333":

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thanks for let us know about your comments, unfortunately it is not glad to hear we could not meet the expectations you had.

The standard time for a check in is 3 minutes so we offer our apologies if your registration took so long.

Regarding the quality of the food in our restaurants I am going to inform about your comments to our chef. Our main goal is to take the necesary correctives in order to offer the best products and services of the market.

Regards,

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Great Hotel for business trip. Confortably and close to the airport (about 10 minutes). Staff is very helpfull. As I stayed only for 1 night is this hotel i didn't demand any services from the hotel,due this I can't evaluate the level of the hotel services.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mr. Fabiormart:

Receive warm greetings. Thanks for the time spent writing this comment about your stay in our Hotel.

In your next visit to the city we invite you to continue selecting Sheraton Bogota.

Regards,

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one week on a business trip. My club level room was very clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly, and the hotel restaurants were great. There are few other hotels and restaurants in the same area, but for the most part the area is residential and quiet. Not really a tourist destination, but great if you have business in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Mr. "NOVAGuy818"

Warm greetings. Thanks for contacting us and let us know about the experience you had in our property. I am glad to hear we met all the expectations you had and I am going to share these important comments with my team.

We hope to have you again soon in our Hotel.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business. The hotel is near the airport and thus a lot of noise in the rooms. Disappointing service in the front desk even though I am a gold spg member. Rooms are small and cold.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is in the upper floors and not to the shopping mall
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Good day Mr. Jaime G:

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thanks for contacting us and let us know about the experience you had in the Hotel. I am really sorry we could not meet your expectations but I would like to confirm we have all the standards to be a Sheraton Hotel and we recognize our SPG members with all the benefits they have en each of the levels of the program.

Once again we offer our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Near the hotel, they have a shuttle...but it's a bumpy ride! Check in was quite slow, even though there were 4 attendants. Being close to the airport, you often hear jets pass near the hotel. The room had modern furnishings and was comfortable; the bed was a bit firm...not really a "sweet sleeper" in my opinion. The bathroom was quite small, but it had a walk-in marble shower and plenty of towels. No coffee maker in the room. The gym is a little small, and divided into a cardio room and weight room. 2 of the 4 treadmill belts need attention. An interesting thing was that when I returned from the gym at 7AM, the housekeeper was already cleaning my room. I wonder if or how they knew I wasn't in the room...but that was one of the best cleaning jobs I've ever had. She hung up my clothes in the closet and arranged everything perfectly. Breakfast was not good; little selection and my omlet was inedible....but the fresh fruit is the only way to go. Be sure to check out; there's no 'express checkout' and you'll have to have a ticket of your checkout to take the shuttle to the airport!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Good day "EfficientTraveler":

On behalf of Sheraton Bogota receive warm greetings. I would like to confirm I have shared this comment with the directors of the areas involved so they can know about your experience in our Hotel and take the necessary correctives in case they are needed.

We hope you continue chosing our Hotel in every visit to Bogota.

Cordially,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed in the Sheraton while on business in Bogota. It has nice rooms with modern decor and equipment. The desk was very comfortable to work on and the room came with free wi-fi which was great for staying connected. The restaurant staff were extremely welcoming and despite my poor Spanish, they went out of the way to make me comfortable. I wasn't able to enjoy all the facilities, but I was happy with the service.
The hotel itself is situated close to the airport, which makes for easy fly-in, fly-out business. The shuttle is great, and the staff can organize taxis to help you get around. The roads are crazy, so it's best you organize with the hotel to get around. It can take between 20-40 minutes to get to downtown Bogota where there is a lot more to see and do.
Interestingly, in the conference rooms on the first floor you can actually feel vibrations from the planes landing at the airport. However, this is the only place this in noticeable.
All in all, it was a pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
HEINZ L, Gerente at Sheraton Bogota Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear "ForsterSensei" :

Warm greetings from Sheraton Bogota. Thanks for sharing about your good experience in our Hotel. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the good service that was offer for our staff.
I will share these important comments with all the team.

Once again thank you.