“Excellent place to stay in Bogota”

NH Collection Bogota Hacienda Royal
Ranked #4 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We just stayed in this hotel while visitng friends in Bogota. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, no matter the time of day or night. They serve a lovely breakfast in the lobby/dining area which is also nice for a drink in the afternoon. it is attached to a mall where you can eat, get cellphone minutes or shop. it was easy to get taxis to go around town and they would wait for us until we were ready to move to our next location.
We would definitely stay here again. Fine for business and for families and anyone else.

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Jefe S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Bogota Hacienda Royal, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Guest, we are happy that we were able to provide you with our finest service at Hotel Hacienda Royal and you were satisfied with our and breakfast! thank you for your very nice comment, it was a pleasure for us to have you with us.!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Sincerely;

Guest Service Manager.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Hacienda Royal back in March for a week on a business trip. I am a nursing mother, so I wanted to freeze all the breaset milk that I pumped and bring them home. Hotel couldn't provide me with a full-size refrigerator, but to my surprise they offered to let me use the industrial freezer for the hotel. They even let me see the freezer so I feel comfortable storing the milk. Every night I gave them bags of milk I pumped and they faithfully put them in the freezer. I kept track of how many bags of milk I pumped and none was missing when I went to retrieve them. I was able to bring them all back home for my baby! I am so grateful for them going out of way to meet my unique needs!!

The room was modern, clean and nice. It is attached to a mall with food court and restaurants. Mall has a grocery store called Olimpica - very convenient. It is only three to four blocks away from many great restaurants - highly recommend lemonade from Bogota Beer Company. Breakfast buffet was great as well. They have a cook dedicated to making omelette. Try local fare like Tamales and fruit juices. I personally like guava juice. On Saturdays there is a flea market just outside of the mall if you like hand made accessories.

My only complaint is that the shower head was partially plugged so the reamaining streams had really high water pressure. The pressure was high enough to hurt. Other than that, it was a great stay and would recommend this place to others who plan on visiting Bogota.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Jefe S, Guest Relations Manager at NH Collection Bogota Hacienda Royal, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest;

Thank you so much for your detail review about your experience on your last stay. As you noticed , we are a hotel that offers other than a great location and wonderfull and contemporary rooms a service that is focus on surprising our visitors with small details, making you feel at home far from home.

We hope to have you back soon and feel free to contact me anytime if I can be of any help.

Warm regards,

Guest Service Manager.

Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the best for location, service and for space. The hotel is located in a great district with plenty of restaurants in walking distance of just 2 minutes. I have never been to a bad restaurant there. The service for hotel staff is amazing. They clearly get service and most of the front desk speaks English. They updated the whole hotel recently. The rooms are spacious and nice decorated touches. They expanded and updated the gym to include more room and a Turkish steam room. Moved the spa upstairs and made it more elegant (did not use but looked nice). The only negative is that the Internet is slow if using VPN.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank BlutoDave
Jefe S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Bogota Hacienda Royal, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you a lot for your nice review! It is always a pleasure for us to get nice comments and we are really happy that you appreciate our efforts! It is very important for us to keep the old charm of our hotel. We are looking forward to welcome you again!
Kind regards

Sincerely;

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is located in a beautiful green area which is nice for a walk before dinner.
The room and bathroom were really big and very clean. At least my room had a great view of the mountains.
The breakfast could be better, not so much opitions but good quality.
Is just beside a mall which can be really helpfull!
Definetely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank angelfireBrazil
Jefe S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Bogota Hacienda Royal, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest:

Thank you so much for letting us serve you and for your detailed feedback.As you mentioned our location results very interesting for business or pleasure travelers.

We hope to see you back in a near future.

Best regards;

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was my first trip to Bogota so I wasn't sure what to expect. Overall the hotel was nice, check-in was easy and the overall room was nice. It was a bit cold though especially the bathroom floor. The hotel did not have heat in the rooms and I was told this was normal for Bogota. Internet, I was given a code, however the code didn't work, after going to the front desk they gave me a "group" code but limited it to two connections only. I never was able to get any channels on the TV. The front desk sent someone up to look at it and promised to have someone during the day to work on it, but I don't think anyone looked into the issue.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David W

Mr David:

Thank you so much for choosing and for your detailed feedback that only help us continue improvement for you.
Our housekeeping personal has heaters that can be installed in the rooms up one request .
Your complains had been send to the responsable area to ensure this time of inconvenients won´t happen again.

Best regards;

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel has one of the best standards in the area. The neighborhood is quiet and relatively safe. They hotel has an interconnection to a shopping mall (Santa Barbara) and a couple of good bars and restaurants lie within walking distance. Nice and comfortable rooms and very helpful staff. I absolutely recommend this hotel to business travelers and anyone who would book within this price range.....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christian B

Mr Christian:

We did our best to ensure that your stay at the Hotel Hacienda Royal was an unforgettable experience. We are committed to improve every day and ensure a full satisfaction.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other potencial guests.
We hope to see you very soon.
Regards

Reviewed January 16, 2013

wife and i just got back from columbia . we stayed at the andino. great hotel great staff . sevices was fantict carlos nite mag. is the best asset the andino has. laura and kattie are speical to. dont miss this place ,safe area great food right around the corrner.central cevicheria is its namereal good fresh fish .pontaveccho right across the street is very good also. highly recomeded hotel.breakfest is also very good and clean

Room Tip: front of hotel is abit nosie
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family