“Home feeling”

NH Collection Bogota WTC Royal
Ranked #8 of 268 Hotels in Bogota
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I've been at this hotel 3 times and I just wanted to recommend it, Alejandra Sanchez at the front desk always greets you with a smile, a true 100% customer service; remembers your name each time you arrive.
Their friendly staff makes you feel home.
Their taxi service is available and can be charge to your room, this was very helpful during the week moving all over the city.

Room Tip: Check their website for choices, I was on the 4th floor and had no problems.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Our main aim is always to make our guests feel at home. It is a pleasure for us to know that we fulfill our role as host in each of your stays.

We are pleased to know that Alejandra Sanchez was one of the main people in our staff to achieve your complete satisfaction. We will make public your appreciation of her 100% customer service.

We will be waiting for a new opportunity to surprise and enchant you as we have done before.

Cordially,

Emma Juliana Medina
Guest Service Manager
Hotel Bogota Royal

Reviewed May 15, 2012

This is by far one of the best hotels in Latin America! The hotel is beautiful, the service is AMAZING, and the price is reasonable for a 5 star hotel. Less than any other 5 star I have stayed at. Would recommend in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: The Business tower is amazing and it is only 25 dollars more a night
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Monica O
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I was used to go to this hotel while in Bogota.
It is very well located near the World Trade Center
Good restaurants around ( do not miss Bukara just in the little square behind the hotel )

The only surprise I had was they're new policy of 100% smoke free ( not even on the big terraces)

For the rest is a good place sure to be tried by non smokers

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Roberto B
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed 3 days in a business trip and the office was in a walking distance. The surrounding area is not nice at all, no interesting restaurants, etc. The hotel is very antique but in a bad way (almost 30 years old with no important improvements…..). The room is big enough but noisy. I asked for laundry and the shirts (more than 2) went back without some bottoms and nobody told me so…..incredible!!!
Food is expensive but not bad. Staff is not so friendly and helpful.
I would rather not come back.

Room Tip: Get lucky...........
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Travel-lover_sXXI
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The hotel is placed in a business area just north for downtown Bogota. The rooms are huge (about double the normal Hotel room size), but the space are not used very well. If you would like to visit downtown, you have to walk >10km or take a car, and after 6 PM everything around the hotel is closed and its dead quite.

The food in the restaurant and bar is rather poor, quite expensive and it does not taste very good (I tried 5-6 different courses). If you would like to visit the gym you have to sign for a special give which takes you into the World trade center building, and when you finally find the gym (you have to walk through a restaurant) you will hardly see the machines and treadmills due to all the furniture which are placed for storage in the gym!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a good hotel, not great, but OK...

Rooms are clean, mini bar properly stocked, great towels, big shower tub, excellent breakfast - and truly friendly staff.

Its cocktail lounge is ok, good spot for a drink before going to dinner, with soft live music.

On the downside, rooms can be affected by street noise, so bring ear plugs just in case...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luispi
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I stayed here for three days on a business trip. I have stayed in mnay good and bad hotels and this is unfortunately one of the bad ones.

I got a room at the street side, and I was expecting noise from the street outside. That was not the case, the noise came from the other hotel rooms. The rooms are extremely noisy, when your neighbour flushes the toilet or washes his hands you will certainly wake up, because the pipes are not noise insulated so you hear the water flushing. My neighbour did that twice at night so I woke up twice. Also there is a minibar that make a lot of noise.

The internet in the rooms also didn't work. My colleague had the same issues. The DSLcable worked fine, because the hotel log in page popped up, but after that nothing. The guys couldn't fix it. There is also wireless, but its a network with 'limited to no connectivity' .....I read people were raving about the women at reception downstairs, but to me they just shrugged when I explained all my issues.

Last but not least: the beds. Horrible. The bed was as hard as a rock. I had back issues the mornings after. I asked my colleague and he had the same, no there was no point in asking for another room

I read that there will be a Hilton Bogota anytime soon so next time in Colombia, that will be my pick.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business