“Good Stay”

Ranked #17 of 267 Hotels in Bogota
Houston
“Good Stay”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel is very nice and cozy. My room was spotless. Location is perfect. The housekeeper (I think her name is Miriam) was very helpful and nice. She took care of all my small demands. I stayed in room 609 from November 16-19 so the management of the hotel can find out for sure is her name is Miriam. She made the difference.
The best thing of the hotel: the housekeeper, the comfort and the breakfast!
My only inconvenience: When I checked into the hotel, I did not bring my printed confirmation boucher as normally I don’t do it since now everything is computerized. I showed the front desk lady my reservation using my IPhone. She said that I had to print it. No big deal. Part of each night was paid with Hilton points and the rest with money. Then she asked me for “my employee ID.” I explained to her I was not an employee, she could not understand but anyhow I managed to explain her part was paid with Hilton points. My reservation and payment was made for two persons. The other guest arrived late on Friday. He came straight to the room as I pick him up. Next day we went for breakfast as it is included and I was told I had to pay one breakfast. I explained that the room was for two and it was my fault not to register the other party in the front desk prior going to the room. I apologized to the waiter and went to the front desk to explain that the second person was already with me. The same lady from day before told me, “Sorry, Sr. but you have to pay for that breakfast because you failed to register him.” I was amazed for her reasoning. I got little upset but did not want to ruin the wonderful time I was having. I explained her that she knew that the reservation was for two. She reminded me that I had failed to bring the printed confirmation boucher. I went to the business center of the hotel and did it finally (I still don’t understand why I had to do it since they had everything in the system). She still insisted I had to pay for that breakfast. The other guest registered finally in the front desk after breakfast. At that time I was already fed up with her and told her I will talk to a manager later on. After all, I never did it because as I said I was having such a wonderful time in Bogota that I refused to get my holiday spoiled.
At the end, during my check out, I never got charged for that breakfast. I really don’t know if that lady made up her mind or forgot do in it
My main point: an employee can make a difference. That lady was not very polite or comprehensive. Rules are rules but there are ways to deal with small issues. The best example was the housekeeper lady: her ability to make me feel at home made my stay special.
The restaurant staff also was very friendly. Would I come back? Absolutely!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
GUESTSERVICESEMBASSY, Gerente at Embassy Suites by Hilton Bogota-Rosales, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest.

Jose H. Bayona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Osaka, Japan
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Perfect! but except for... 1. bedside alarm clock showed wrong time and I could not reset by myself. I had to call the engineer who brought some screwdrivers. 2. The clock never rang when I set my wake up time. It seemed to be released automatically... This time I could woke up without alarm sounds though, it should have been fatal if I slept deeply and had a business appointment. 3. A demand from a tea lover like me, I want you to prepare a couple of free tea bag in the room although I know Colombia is coffee country. 4. No fresh vegetables at the breakfast buffet.
All of hotel staffs were efficient to come to my room quickly all the time when I called them such as room services and the clock repair engineer. Also they are all extremely friendly even comparing to standard Colombian people, who are basically friendly.
Overall this hotel is definetly worth staying, if guests dont mind to spend more than 200US$ a night, I think.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay at the Embassy Suites Bogota. We were please to read that you were, overall, happy with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. We will take your comments under consideration as we continue working to improve our services

Best Regards

We look forward to serving you on your next trip to bogota

San Salvador, El Salvador
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Well what can I say? since I ate the best omelets in my life! LOL! the suites are really nice, if you are there for business that is the perfect choice, if I visit Bogota again, definitely I will stay in this hotel, the location is perfect, you just walk around and find the best restaurants of Bogota. One important thing is the kindness of the staff, that makes a better environment.

Room Tip: Always ask for the free massage and the happy hour...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
GUESTSERVICESEMBASSY, Gerente at Embassy Suites by Hilton Bogota-Rosales, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Guest:

It’s so great to learn that your stay at the Embassy Suites Bogota was enjoyable. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Embassy Suites Bogota and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just got back from a weekend stay with a group of friends. From the moment we checked in to the check out was perfect. The suites are spacious and very comfortable. We had two rooms and on the same floor.

The first night we headed to the Mangers reception and the free cocktails were great. Our bartender PILAR, was the best! She made sure we had a great time, she ALWAYS had a great smile and very friendly as well. She made our stay quite more enjoyable. The breakfast buffet was great as well and everyone was attentive! From local foods to your typical pancakes.

The location of the hotel was in the perfect location as we can walk everywhere. From the nightlife of Chapinero to the great shopping at El Retiro.
We had a great time and will return again!
Bogota is just fun and beautiful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay through Trip Advisor. We enjoyed reading your posting . We hope to see you back at the hotel very soon. Thank you, again.

Regards, the Embassy Suites Bogota.
Wichita, KS
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I just stayed at the Embassy Suites last week while in Bogota on business. GOOD: Personally, I think the best thing about this hotel is the location. You have about 8-10 restaurants within a safe 2 minute walk from the hotel. The location is in a residential type neighborhood and is very safe, even at night. Also, the hotel was very good about having a driver pick me up at the airport as I had called and requested the day before. Also, I had requested an english speaking driver for the next day and the hotel had an outstanding driver waiting for me the next morning. The bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean. BAD: The hotel isn't all bad. They just fell short in a few key areas. The first was the fact that I am paying over $200 usd and the room did not have heat or air. There was a portable unit in the bedroom, but that doesn't help for the rest of the suite. Another issue I had was the ever shrinking breakfast options available in the morning. Outside of the omelet bar, there wasn't much available, especially compared to the last few times I have stayed. Finally, I did eat dinner at the restaurant one evening and it wasn't even close to being good. I had a skirt steak and fries. The steak was so overcooked it was tougher than beef jerky. I didn't know you could do that to a piece of meat. The fries; however were good. The hotel isn't a bad choice, just realize you do not have heat and air (except portable unit). And, I suggest you eat at one of the many choices within walking distance (even directly across the street) from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GT6
Dear Guest

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear the staff took such good care of you during your visit. I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our guestrooms and will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again next time when you visit the bogota

Riga
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I can't say enough good about this hotel--great location; off the main street but across the street from a fantastic assortment of restaurants, coffee shops. Close to the financial and entertainment areas. VERY helpful staff, taking notice of all the little things--handing an umbrella to use for the night as you go out, taking notice of the way you like your omelet prepared in the morning, giving advice for various locations and restaurants. And all the Embassy Suites perks-- cocktail reception (full service, with food and entertainment), fresh breakfast, big rooms. Great value. Great decision.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The hotel is close to the Financial center, and there are many restaurants close to it. It is not close to the airport, só be careful with boarding time. The room has a good room for working, and Wi-fi is free and works perfectly. Bathroom is clean and has good shower. Breakfast is sorted and delicious. Minibar could be better.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GUESTSERVICESEMBASSY, Gerente at Embassy Suites by Hilton Bogota-Rosales, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Guest

It’s so great to learn that your stay at the Embassy Suites Bogota was enjoyable. Our team members strive to create a comfortable experience for each and every guest and your comments will make their day.